Fullerton, CA

Posted May 04, 2014
Ladera Vista is such a special Junior High School. Their Administration and Staff are top-notch, and the environment is warm and caring. The recent emphasis on the Arts has been impressive,and my daughter absolutely loves going to school every day. Recently they held an event called Passport to The Arts, which included interactive stations for students to visit, a morning assembly featuring Aztec Dancers, Taiko Drummers, and a Renaissance-Style Quartet. In the afternoon students performed Shakespeare in the round. All the teachers even dressed Renaissance-Style! This school really goes the extra mile to ensure that students are offered fun and interesting learning experiences, and the environment is warm and caring. I couldn't be happier as a parent!

Ladera Vista Junior High School 1

Posted April 24, 2014
I am sad to say that Ladera Vista has deteriorated rapidly since my daughter graduated 3 years ago. Back then, it was a decent, if not great school, but now it is an awful school. My son, who is a good student and has always loved school, says this school is making it very hard for him to enjoy school. I see no supervision when I drop him off and pick him up. They used to have teachers on duty who supervised as kids arrived and left. My son says kids are urinating on the ceiling, defacating on the walls, bashing student's head until it bled against PE locker, and other disturbing behavior. I feel that my child is not safe when I send him off to school in the morning. He has many friends at LV but wants to transfer because he's tired of seeing kids out of control and the school staff not doing anything about it. All but 2 of his teachers are absent on weekly basis. Most kids and parents don't even know what the new principal looks like. We only know her through weekly phone recordings, and I think that's how she likes it. There is something terribly wrong at this school, and the district office really needs to look into what's going on.

Posted February 19, 2014
I LOVE Ladera Vista! Our school has been transformed under the leadership of our new administrative team! The school climate is so positive and my daughter loves coming to school every day. I love the high academic expectations and the focus on the arts to support student learning. This is the way that Junior High is supposed to be! Way to go LV!

Posted April 07, 2013
LaDera Vista in the 2012-2013 school year has been unorganized and poorly lead by the current co Principal. The instruction and safety of the students have been compromised. An honest, experienced Educational Leader with the foresight to instill high standards of instruction, professionalism, procedures, and bully prevention is needed to change LV's current state.

Posted May 31, 2012
I have an 8th grader in this school and she is on the 504 plan. The entire year she has failed multiple classes and the school has refused to cooperate and follow the plan. She is supposed to be able to go in another room for extra help on tests and isn't allowed because the teacher said "she takes too long". She is supposed to have extra time to hand in homework and the teacher refuses to cooperate to give it to her when she is absent or missing an assignment. When we finally get it, he gives her half credit. They do not reply to any attempts of communication including phone calls, notes, or emails. The guidance counselor says she is very busy. This is her excuse to take one to two weeks to call back. I've been there several times for meetings and they promise they will do everything and NEVER follow through. They are supposed to check her agenda and sign it to make sure the homework assignments are written down and that lasted about a week. She is supposed to be able to make up tests when she gets a D or an F or misses school and they won't let her because she will end up missing class to do it and they won't allow her to stay after to do it because the teacher has things to do.

Posted February 10, 2012
I went to Ladera Vista seventh and eight grade and I have to say overall it is academically an excellent school. I took honor classes and they have helped me in high school. The teachers are amazing and they aid you in any trouble or area you have difficulty in. Proud to be an LV Spartan of 2010-2011!

Posted April 27, 2010

Posted March 15, 2010
I am also a parent of a student at Ladera Vista and see no problems there. I believe drugs and gangs are at every school including private. It's how you raise your kids and trust the choices they will make because of their up bringing.

Posted March 04, 2010
I am a parent of an eighth grader at Ladera Vista J.H. I have no complaints about the school's academics, but some of things going on, on campus are very disturbing. My child has told me that an numerous occasions drugs have been offered to her, on campus during school hours, in the bathroom and on the field. The staff is quick to react to these drug offenses, but maybe some practices should be put in place to be proactive about letting the drugs get onto school grounds. Also it seems like there are a lot of gang kids going to L.V. now as well. I would definitely think twice before I would send my child to this school if I were a new parent looking for a Junior High. I have a younger son and I will not be sending him to this school, looking into private schools now!

Posted February 13, 2010
I'm currently an 8th grader at L.V. and it's pretty fun but I personally think that some of the teachers need to retire. Some of my favorite teachers were Mrs. Ortiz for science she had no problem helping you if you didn't understand something,but she was also strict when she needs to be.Mr.Montoya for algebra readiness was also a great teacher he explains things well and is only concerned about you getting an education while enjoying learning about it. Mr.Martinez is also a good P.E. teacher he never gives you lower than a C if you try your best. Overall I'm happy at L.V..

Ladera Vista Junior High School
1700 East Wilshire Drive, Fullerton, CA  92831
Last modified Ladera Vista Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ladera Vista Junior High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 35 reviews. Top