Bad
Good

I am very disappointed at this school. My son was diagnosed with ADHD and when he first started having problems I asked the principal for help. He said there was nothing he could do. I called the district later to ask for help, and the district said to have my son evaluated by the psychology on site (which the principle never mentioned). After leaving a couple voicemails to the psychologist, I didn't hear back from her till my son was about to be suspended. We had a meeting with the district and it was not till I mentioned that they were willing to offer accommodations. This current school year is been very tough for my son and myself (not to mention to the school) because of his ADHD. I totally believe that this school does not have any type of system to help children with ADHD to achieve their goals and support them. I am very sad and my son does not want to be in school anymore. He's different than the others and he feels everyone is against him. I'm currently looking for a new school for him that will help him grow academically and to have more confidence on him.

My daughter is in Kinder in this school... She is in a combo with 1st graders and the teachers are doing pretty good... I like the school.

My daughter has been attending this school for 4 years now and I could not be happier with this school , the teachers are hard working and always there for your child, My daughter is in a digital camera class and also a book club on Wed . She is a well rounded happy child at this school and beacuse of the staff halping her and pushing her to her potential she is always an honor student. Thank you Topaz:)

I am very saddened to have read the review from a parent dated August 14, 2008. I am a teacher at Topaz and I wish the parent had inquired more about our program because the information she/he had was incorrect. We teach only in English through our accelerated language program (ALA). We focus on grammar, proper oral language and have high academic standards. I do understand that having your child in a combination class is frustrating but that is not a school based issue, it is a funding issue. If as a parent you are oppossed to combination classes (believe me, we aren't crazy about them either) then you should write to your legislator and let them know how much you value education and how important it is to fund schools properly. This is the only way to make a positive change.

My kids are new to this school but so far the feel happy here. The principal is a nice approachable person, willing to listen to your concerns and I feel the same way about the teachers. Yes, there is a big hispanic population but the personel always make sure that there is a way to communicate, (many teachers are biligual including the principal Mr. Plascencia)

We had to transfer our daughter out of this school because of the huge barrier between English and Spanish speaking. The classroom was taught 2nd and 3rd combined, and was taught in Spanish and then English.

Last modified Topaz Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.