Fullerton, CA

Posted May 30, 2014
I am very disappointed at this school. My son was diagnosed with ADHD and when he first started having problems I asked the principal for help. He said there was nothing he could do. I called the district later to ask for help, and the district said to have my son evaluated by the psychology on site (which the principle never mentioned). After leaving a couple voicemails to the psychologist, I didn't hear back from her till my son was about to be suspended. We had a meeting with the district and it was not till I mentioned that they were willing to offer accommodations. This current school year is been very tough for my son and myself (not to mention to the school) because of his ADHD. I totally believe that this school does not have any type of system to help children with ADHD to achieve their goals and support them. I am very sad and my son does not want to be in school anymore. He's different than the others and he feels everyone is against him. I'm currently looking for a new school for him that will help him grow academically and to have more confidence on him.

Posted April 28, 2010
My daughter is in Kinder in this school... She is in a combo with 1st graders and the teachers are doing pretty good... I like the school.

Posted April 27, 2009
My daughter has been attending this school for 4 years now and I could not be happier with this school , the teachers are hard working and always there for your child, My daughter is in a digital camera class and also a book club on Wed . She is a well rounded happy child at this school and beacuse of the staff halping her and pushing her to her potential she is always an honor student. Thank you Topaz:)

Posted March 04, 2009
I am very saddened to have read the review from a parent dated August 14, 2008. I am a teacher at Topaz and I wish the parent had inquired more about our program because the information she/he had was incorrect. We teach only in English through our accelerated language program (ALA). We focus on grammar, proper oral language and have high academic standards. I do understand that having your child in a combination class is frustrating but that is not a school based issue, it is a funding issue. If as a parent you are oppossed to combination classes (believe me, we aren't crazy about them either) then you should write to your legislator and let them know how much you value education and how important it is to fund schools properly. This is the only way to make a positive change.

Topaz Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2008
My kids are new to this school but so far the feel happy here. The principal is a nice approachable person, willing to listen to your concerns and I feel the same way about the teachers. Yes, there is a big hispanic population but the personel always make sure that there is a way to communicate, (many teachers are biligual including the principal Mr. Plascencia)

Posted August 14, 2008
We had to transfer our daughter out of this school because of the huge barrier between English and Spanish speaking. The classroom was taught 2nd and 3rd combined, and was taught in Spanish and then English.

Topaz Elementary School 5

Posted December 06, 2005
Topaz is a great shool! I went to school there when I was younger and I really think that they got me prepared for larger things. The whole spanish thing is great because children can learn to speak english as well as the children learn to speak english. There is a huge population of hispanic people around the city and it would be a shame to miss out on such a great culture!

Posted March 26, 2004
I am completely disappointed in this school...I both my daughter and my son attending there..I do have to say this was the worst experience I've ever had..I tried to get my daughter tested for learning disabilities and was told by the teacher, psychologist and principal that she didn't need to be tested she wasn't failing enough..when she was I was told that she wasn't showing any signs of having problems because she was failing across the board..I was told to hold her back, I refused to have her held back unless after summer school she did need it..After summer school she was doing great..I did finally get her tested for learning disablities (with one heck of a fight for it) sure enough she had a solid case of learning problems..I must say there are some teachers there that are excellent..it just isn't worth the headaches..

Posted March 16, 2004
My child was evaluated at this school for potential speech therapy prior to starting kindergarten. I was disgusted that every time I visited the school - which was many times - the assemblies were being conducted entirely in Spanish. The school lost a very good speech therapist because she was not bilingual. I will do everything possible to get a transfer for my child.

Topaz Elementary School 4

Posted January 07, 2004
Overall, Topaz Teachers and staff are hard working, highly educated, caring, and take pride in their students and school. I am happy with the teachers that [my] girls have had. I also feel that they are safe.

3232 Topaz Lane, Fullerton, CA  92831
Last modified Topaz Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Topaz Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top