No rating

Rosary High School

Private | 9-12 | 523 students

Living in Fullerton

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $348,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,560.

Posted May 7, 2014

Rosary is an awesome small all girls Catholic college-preparatory high school that empowers students to be life long learners, faith filled leaders and moral upstanding members of the community. It has been listed as one of the top 500 high schools and my daughter is lucky to have the privilege to attend there.

Posted May 1, 2014

Best education for a high school young woman! My daughter excelled scholastically as well as emotionally in this all girl school

Posted April 29, 2014

Rosary High School has set a wonderful foundation for my daughters lives. they excel in academics and leadership. My oldest daughter attended and graduated from UCLA and is now in a doctoral program at the University of Iowa. My youngest daughter will be attending UC Berkeley in the Fall. We credit their academic success on the foundation that Rosary High School Provided. We also know they are strong independent faith-filled women who received the support and encouragement of the outstanding teachers and Administration.

Posted April 29, 2014

Rosary provides a safe,comfortable atmosphere where my daughter and the other girls can learn, question and discover the education process with encouragement. The girls are not given any limitations but encouraged to reach beyond their potential. It's school steeped in tradition and that's why you will find many parents who have also attended same sex schools in high school sending their daughters their for a similar experience and community. My daughter chose Rosary over four other high school after shadowing. I encouraged her to choose the school that would provide her the tools to do well in college. She is happy with her choice and so am I.

Posted April 16, 2014

Rosary is a wonderful school. The faculty knows them individually, they get great counseling for college, they can excel academically and athletically without playing second fiddle to boys. My girls have thrived and have amazing friends who support and help them. The school cares about them being good people, not just good students. They participate in service opportunities and have enjoyed the religious environment. My daughter was completely prepared for college and has expanded on the great start she got at Rosary. Girls gain confidence and independence within the walls of Rosary. It's a wonderful community!

Posted April 8, 2014

Rosary High School provides an excellent all-girls' education to high school girls in Orange County. 100% of the students go on to higher education with over $13 million given out in scholarships last year. I highly recommend this school!

Posted June 3, 2011

At first when my daughter had decided to attend this "All Girls Catholic School", I was very concerned, because it just sounded so outdated. However, 4 years later, I have to say, I was wrong initially. This is an excellent school. It has total dedicated teachers and staff. The only goal they have is to guide the students to be well rounded, independent thinker, and be tomorrow's leaders. In addition, it is a truly "college prep" high school. The academics at this school were pretty challenging, but the counselors and teachers were so helpful. My daughter graduated from this school with honors, and she has been accepted to Northwestern University with full scholarship. It is a great investment with more than 200 folds of returns.

Posted May 26, 2011

My daughter could not be at a better place. The teachers are great and she has made many new friends. She has been in sports all year and the upperclassmen have been nothing but kind and inclusive to all the new girls. She does work very hard, staying up too late in my opinion, but she is an honor roll student.

Posted December 22, 2010

i was very dissapointed in Rosary when my daughter came home from her shadow day and told me about what happened there. first of all, her host ignored her for most of the day and was not very nice to her. Her hosts' boyfriend snuck on campus at lunch, and the school administators never found out. On top of ignoring my daughter, she and herr boyfriend made out the entire lunch. also during lunch, she saw some girs bullying another girl, and calling her names. She said that the students there were very cliquish and not nice at all. i am very dissapointed. the only good thing that she said was that the teachers were very kind and seemed to be good teachers who are very knowledgable in their feild. taking all of this into consideration, there is absolutly no way i am paying for my daughter to go to a school like Rosary. we will be looking at other private schools that are better run and with nicer girls in the area.

Posted November 28, 2010

i went to rosary freshman year. I was picked on because i refused to become "plastic" like all of the other girls. I left the school and went to Connelly, another girls school in the area. i went to Rosary initially because i had two sisters who went to connleey before me and i didnt want to "live in their shadows". Even though they told me what a great experience Connelly was, i didnt listen to them at first. I am glad that i left Rosary. The girls there are only interested in popularity, and step on other girls to get to the top. Its not likethat at connelly, were are like sisters there. I was glad to be free of the popularity heirarchy of rosary and after i left i was able to enjoy the rest of my high school experience.

Posted April 28, 2009

I think Rosary is an excellent school and my daughter is thriving there. The academics are strong, and their athletic programs and extracurricular opportunites are well organized and highly competitive. Everything is geared toward getting your daughter ready for college and the world. Well worth the investment in your daughter's future.

Posted April 8, 2008

Rosary high school is fantastic! Going to a smaller school takes away so much of the pressure that is forced upon the students. Being an all girls school, there is less peer pressure and the students don't have to worry about impressing people. Rosary also has great sports programs. I would definately recomend RHS for anyone.

Posted November 26, 2007

There are no shortcuts to excellence. As a USMC Officer, and a former high school teacher, I take education, very seriously. I would enthusiastically recommend Rosary High School to any young lady leaving the eighth grade.

Posted September 6, 2007

I was so happy with my experience at Rosary. The education was phenomenal and truely prepared me for college. The extracurricular activities were very good and there was something for everyone. Red & Gold was an experience only a Royal can understand how truely wonderful it is. Plus the friendships formed here last a lifetime. A+++

Posted November 7, 2005

I am impressed with this school. Quality of teachers is outstanding. The extracurricular activities available to each student again is outstanding. The level of parent participation is very high. All of the parents do it because they want to and are not forced to help out. It creates a very nice atmosphere.

Posted September 8, 2005

Great school, great teachers, great academic standards. could not ask for a better learning environment for my child.

Posted September 28, 2004

I am somewhat pleased with the performance of this school. Some of its pluses are that they have a lot of extra-curricular activities, and the teachers I can tell have had a lot of experience with their specialty subject. However, I believe that the tuition price is extreme, considering some of the students that go here don't have the same kind of money as some of the girls. Actually, about 94% of this school is wealthy. But, there are still those very few students who can barely afford to be sent here. I believe that the sports fees should cut their prices as well, so that some of the not-so-wealthy girls can participate, too. But, overall, this is one of the best schools that I have ever attended!
—Submitted by a student

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mrs. Deborah Urell Wesseln
  • All girls
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Orange