Posted July 27, 2014
This school used to be amazing. Some of the teachers have been there for years, and those teachers are amazing. They definitely help the students grow spiritually. NOW, the school has moved to a new campus. There is no grass or shade for recess. There is a playground that numerous children have been injured on. The school has dismissed teachers and staff that have been there for years, and hired newer, cheaper staff. As a result, this school has deteriorated. The new teachers act like all students should be the same. If they do not meet the cookie cutter mold, then their grades suffer. I have my children in private school for smaller class sizes and individual attention. Although these teachers have the opportunity to make a difference for these kids, they don't even attempt to connect with them as individuals. The after school program is substandard, they don't give snacks anymore, the recreational summer program is non existent. The back to school list is astronomical (I mean, c'mon, it's private school, they can't afford their own computer paper?) The price continues to go up and the services continue to go down. Tuition should be for education, not to pad their bank account.

Posted February 11, 2014
Great staff and really Bible focused. My 8th grade son loves learning the Bible and has grown so much academically and spiritually.

Posted January 09, 2014
I have been sending my son to the Placentia campus since he was 2 years old. My son is now 4 years old and still loves going to school. I, myself as a teacher have high standards for my child's education and Eastside has exceeded them. All of my son's teachers have been attentive, caring, patient, and loving. They also have a very structured academic program that has taught my son how to count, colors, shapes, letters, and now he can even write his name. I have also been able to build great relationship with the principal, Shannon. She has been easy to talk to and very knowledgable about what is going on in all her classrooms. I would night recommend this preschool.

Posted November 22, 2013
My son has been going to this school for about 4 months now, it was an emergency drop in because his previous preschool had a significant bully problem. They knew the situation going into it and were very caring and loving toward my son. He comes home with new ideas and words every single day. The staff is incredibly pleasant and accommodating for a hover parent like myself. Never making me feel like I am wasting their time with my questions or random drop ins. One time I needed to drop him off on a day he wasn't scheduled on for a couple of hours, and with just one phone call he was added to the list for the day and it was the easiest drop off I have ever experienced. They celebrate all the holidays with mini feasts that the parents chip in with. Host Grandparent days with photography, fundraisers and so much to keep the parents involved and the children focused on learning without realizing they are being taught. I give this school a A+++ because they helped my son realize that school is not a mean place with mean people, he no longer cries at drop off and LOVES getting ready for school now! Such a blessing this school is to our family.

Eastside Christian 4

Posted June 30, 2013
Both of my children started Eastside as toddlers. Currently, they are in elementary school at the new campus. They have excelled academically through the small classroom size offered at Eastside. Additionally, Eastside provides a caring and loving Christian environment where children are encouraged to love Christ.

Posted August 21, 2012
Our 3yo son attended the downtown campus for 2 months. It started off good but went downhill pretty quickly. A combination of underpaid and inexperienced teachers and mismanagement made us switch to the Yorba Linda campus. We had a great Christmas music presentation but otherwise we encountered the same problems of underpaid and inexperienced teachers. Fortunately we found the 50 yo Fullerton Co-Op and had a wonderful experience. Then we found Arborland Montesori and our son really thrived in that environment. Overall my impression is the East Side Christian schools are presently being run to maximize profit instead of teaching the children. I find this pretty sad considering they espouse christian values but in practice they focus too much on the financial bottom line at the expense of the children. By paying the teachers more they will attract more experienced talent. Until they change this I cannot recommend sending your child to this school system.

Posted February 16, 2012
The school is still trying to find it's footing. The high school has issued iPads but the textbooks and teachers are not up to speed on them. Hopefully next year will go smoother. There are still some great teachers here but the leadership is lacking or still distracted due to money woes. The preschool has taken over running of many other pre-K operations in the area which may help. We are all graduated this year and hope the school sees better times financially. Academics 3 - Athletics 1 - Christian Values 2 is why I give it a overall 2. Friends and Grandma paying the tuition bills kept us here this long. I'd look around before committing to the full ride.

Eastside Christian 1

Posted February 08, 2012
Christian Eastside Fullerton location on Wilshire Ave really let us down. Our child in preschool was bullied repeatedly to the point of coming home several times with deep scratches under his eyes. Two days in a row! The bully who admitted doing this had been moved around from class to class according to the principal in hopes he would "fit in" with the children. The ratio was 5 to 1 teacher and still after sitting in to observe what really was going on with my son I witnessed how clueless the teacher was indeed! The bully was butting my sons head repeatedly as she read a book to them only a couple feet away. If I hadn't been there I'm not sure what would've happened. After being told by the principal they had moved the bully into another classroom I did a surprise drop in a week later and low and behold the bully had not been removed from my child's classroom. The directors reply was "We are transitioning him out of the classroom." There is also a drainage in the center of the kids playground that smells like stench because if it rains. Teacher always has the air conditioning set on high- said she's hot from moving around and needs the AC on regardless of my requests to lower it.

Eastside Christian 1

Posted July 21, 2011
The academic level of the High and Junior High Schools leaves much to be desired. With such a small student body, you would think students would get individualized attention and would form strong bonds with their educators. This has not been our experience. The principal ignores your requests for information but will sends downright insulting emails if you owe payment for something. Although this school advertises a college preparatory education, this is completely hypocritical. They see students struggle or lose interest, yet do nothing to help them succeed. Overall - a poor value for the cost of the tuition.

Posted July 18, 2011
The school did go through some major changes, but is now completely out of debt and moving forward. Next year all students at the JH and HS will have iPads and a new Mac lab at their disposal. Every teacher at the JH and HS is extremely dedicated and have a passion for the school, the students, and the Lord. I believe that the elementary campus will be moving to new facilities soon. And the preschool is in high demand, in fact, they are opening multiple in new locations across Orange County.

Eastside Christian