K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

By teaching them the importance of walking with God & to always follow his commandments

My daughter has graduated from Eastside & I will always be grateful for the experience she had there. She loves the Lord & I believe it is in part because of the grounding she received at Eastside.

My two sons go to Eastside Christian in North Fullerton. We love it there. They are learning so much, are fulfilled every day with play, art, music, reading, and fantastic activities. Heather is a phenomenal director! And my children's teachers, Ms. Blanca, Ms. Carol and Ms. Kilty are all amazing to our boys. We are so blessed to have them in Pre-School there. It feels like a small family community who care about my kids as their own. Best decision I ever made was to register them this year.

The environment is perfect for my three children. They are supported, loved and poured into. I have one in elementary, one in Junior High and one in High School. They are all so delighted to attend. We came from public school and have noticed a dramatic positive difference in the other students behavior as compared to public school. It is such a blessing to have our kids enrolled at Eastside. We would recommend it to anyone!

My children have been attending the elementary school for 4 years. They receive not only an outstanding academic education at Eastside Christian Schools, but they are absolutely grounded in the Word of God in everything that they do. The diversity from both a racial perspective as well as a socio-economic perspective is excellent, mirroring in so many way God's church. The teachers pour into the children literally as if they were their own; that family extends to include all of us in our family. When one of my kids has needed individual assistance with their learning styles, the teachers have been quick to provide it - and their differentiated learning allows for my above average reader to continue to be challenged appropriately in the classroom. We could afford to choose any school - we love Eastside because it truly embodies the vision of Jesus Christ in every aspect.

This school used to be amazing. Some of the teachers have been there for years, and those teachers are amazing. They definitely help the students grow spiritually. NOW, the school has moved to a new campus. There is no grass or shade for recess. There is a playground that numerous children have been injured on. The school has dismissed teachers and staff that have been there for years, and hired newer, cheaper staff. As a result, this school has deteriorated. The new teachers act like all students should be the same. If they do not meet the cookie cutter mold, then their grades suffer. I have my children in private school for smaller class sizes and individual attention. Although these teachers have the opportunity to make a difference for these kids, they don't even attempt to connect with them as individuals. The after school program is substandard, they don't give snacks anymore, the recreational summer program is non existent. The back to school list is astronomical (I mean, c'mon, it's private school, they can't afford their own computer paper?) The price continues to go up and the services continue to go down. Tuition should be for education, not to pad their bank account.

I have been sending my son to the Placentia campus since he was 2 years old. My son is now 4 years old and still loves going to school. I, myself as a teacher have high standards for my child's education and Eastside has exceeded them. All of my son's teachers have been attentive, caring, patient, and loving. They also have a very structured academic program that has taught my son how to count, colors, shapes, letters, and now he can even write his name. I have also been able to build great relationship with the principal, Shannon. She has been easy to talk to and very knowledgable about what is going on in all her classrooms. I would night recommend this preschool.

My son has been going to this school for about 4 months now, it was an emergency drop in because his previous preschool had a significant bully problem. They knew the situation going into it and were very caring and loving toward my son. He comes home with new ideas and words every single day. The staff is incredibly pleasant and accommodating for a hover parent like myself. Never making me feel like I am wasting their time with my questions or random drop ins. One time I needed to drop him off on a day he wasn't scheduled on for a couple of hours, and with just one phone call he was added to the list for the day and it was the easiest drop off I have ever experienced. They celebrate all the holidays with mini feasts that the parents chip in with. Host Grandparent days with photography, fundraisers and so much to keep the parents involved and the children focused on learning without realizing they are being taught. I give this school a A+++ because they helped my son realize that school is not a mean place with mean people, he no longer cries at drop off and LOVES getting ready for school now! Such a blessing this school is to our family.

Both of my children started Eastside as toddlers. Currently, they are in elementary school at the new campus. They have excelled academically through the small classroom size offered at Eastside. Additionally, Eastside provides a caring and loving Christian environment where children are encouraged to love Christ.

Our 3yo son attended the downtown campus for 2 months. It started off good but went downhill pretty quickly. A combination of underpaid and inexperienced teachers and mismanagement made us switch to the Yorba Linda campus. We had a great Christmas music presentation but otherwise we encountered the same problems of underpaid and inexperienced teachers. Fortunately we found the 50 yo Fullerton Co-Op and had a wonderful experience. Then we found Arborland Montesori and our son really thrived in that environment. Overall my impression is the East Side Christian schools are presently being run to maximize profit instead of teaching the children. I find this pretty sad considering they espouse christian values but in practice they focus too much on the financial bottom line at the expense of the children. By paying the teachers more they will attract more experienced talent. Until they change this I cannot recommend sending your child to this school system.

Last modified Eastside Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-12