No rating

Arborland Montessori School

Private | PK-6 | 100 students

Our school is known for providing well-rounded education and small class ratios.

Living in Fullerton

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $340,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,580.

Posted September 25, 2014

Our daughter was placed in the most wonderful, caring, loving, smart and beautiful teacher Mrs. Mullen's class. We felt from the beginning that we do not have to worry about our child's education. Mrs. Mullen's teaching method was phenomenon. Our daughter spent two wonderful years with her and I personally would like to say KUDOS for your hard work. We do not have enough to say about you Mrs. Mullen, you are an Angel sent from GOD. Mrs. Martinez, my every day to go to person, it could be over the phone or in her office; she is the most loving and caring person. Thank you so much for the care you are giving us. Currently, our daughter is in Ms. Cynthia's class. Thank you Ms. Cynthia for giving an outstanding education and care to our daughter. We are looking forward for few more years with you and I can not wait to see the greatest accomplishment of my daughter. Dr. Chen, thank you so much for your great effort to accommodate this great school with your full brilliant ideas, your everyday participation, your attention towards details, and your care and your support to our children. These show how Super Great Principal you are. Very Proud Parents Selam & Zek

Posted May 13, 2013

My son has been at Arborland for 2 years. Absolutely the best decision we have ever made. My son loves his preschool teacher and it's a totally family atmosphere. He's learning something new everyday and he has grown so much. We love the school!!

Posted December 5, 2012

My son has attended this school since the fall 20012 and entered at a Kinder in a pre-k though kinder classroom. We searched for a long time for the right school for him due to a language disorder he has that impacts his learning style and social interactions. We were looking for a positive learning environment that embraced each child's unique traits without setting limits on their potential. Arborland's classroom is individualized to play to the child's strength and positive discipline is used to teach the student about respect and responsibility. My child is thriving at this school and I couldn't be happier. Not all Montessori schools are created equal and all have a different interpretation of the Montessori philosophy. I feel that this school's interpretation is as true to the words of Marie Montessori who believed the education of children should follow the child's natural psychological/mental development and the child's natural thirst for learning. If considering a Montessori education for your child, I strongly suggest you visit a few for observation so that you can understand what makes Arblorland so special.

Posted October 27, 2012

My children attended Arborland at Fullerton for summer school 2012. My son(7th-grade) and daughter(3th-grade) enjoyed themselves at classes and activities. I could find my children to be more confident, cheerful and academically well-educated. The principal of Arborland,Dr.Chen, is always willing to listen to the children and their parents, and tries to help them by continued effort.. Every teacher and faculty member of Arborland loved the children and tried to their best what they were doing. I must say that Arborland Montessori Education Center is the perfect place for the children who want to be more self-motivated, confident and try to achieve their goal in cooperation with their friends.

Posted October 11, 2012

It's been a great learning environment for my kids. My children have become self-motivated, self-diciplined and quite organized with the help of this school. I only wish they would teach beyond 6th grade.

Posted September 13, 2012

My daughter attended to this school during July August 2012. There were 12 students in the class. She thoroughly enjoyed both the class time and leisure time at the school. The principal went out of her way to help my daughter when I asked. The staff was very helpful too.

Posted June 23, 2012

My daughter attended Arborland for 1.5 years. It was a great school initially when she was almost 3 years old. They were not able to attend to her as well when she was 4 years old. Since she was doing her work at a much higher level than others in her class, the teacher spent most of her time focusing on the other children. There were 24 children in my daughter's class with a few special needs children, and only one teacher and a teacher's assistant. In the afternoon, they would teach the children with all the ones under 4 sleeping in cots in the same room. I don't see this as a good learning environment. Also, I feel the teacher had her hand's full and had little time to help the advanced student. I moved my child, and at 5 years old she is now reading at a second grade level (Amelia Bedilia & Magic Tree House are her favorite books to read). Thank you for doing a great job when she was 2 and 3 yrs old. I was very disappointed with her learning experience after she turned four. Also, too much time taken from the class time that learning should have been taking place for Int'l Culture Day, I believe my daughter had a great teacher who was given way too many students.

Posted May 9, 2012

I full recommend this school to any parent. My son is attending Arborland now. His teacher is Mrs.Currey. She has done wonders with him. Arborland provides a loving, caring, and nurturing learning environment. for all students. Signed him up for another year!! Thank you! DEAN H.

Posted April 5, 2012

This school is just the best... Today was International Culture Day and all the children did a wonderful job. You can tell the staff at Arborland really care about the children. Lastly, the front office ladies are always so sweet and helpful I just love them.

Posted January 25, 2012

I highly recommend any parent to send their children to Arborland. The staff care so much about each child, whether it's the office staff or the kitchen staff. I've worked at Arborland for 5 years and I feel very lucky to work with the staff and the wonderful children that attend. I continue to be amazed at the high standards held and how the children continue to reach them. I attended elementary public school and I wish Arborland would have been an option for my education.

Posted November 15, 2011

This school continues to amaze me and what it has done for my child! It isn't just about the academics, but teaches to the whole child - self discipline, organization, treating others with respect, thinking through consequences of one's actions, respect for different cultures - all in addition to the high academic standards. The hands on learning, educational field trips, the teacher dedication - why would anyone want to go anywhere else?

Posted September 17, 2011

"The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires" William Arthur Ward The Montessori teachers' goal is always to inspire and ignite the child's imagination to research, explore, think outside the box, make new discoveries and learn new things. This is what makes Arborland Montessori Children's Academy such a special school. All the teachers strive to inspire the child.

Posted August 5, 2011

Elementary teacher student ratio is 12 to1. Teachers are awesome. Kids can learn at their own pace but the do teach one grade level higher compare to public school so everyone is learning much more. Cost is so much lower than Fairmont. If you're looking for small private school, I highly recommend Arborland.

Posted July 19, 2011

Arborland does not only teach what a child needs to know academically to succeed but they also teach life skills. I attended this school from Pre-K to 6th grade. The school has definitely grown but the atmosphere is still a small loving family. Everyone knows everyone's name and no matter how long it has been since you last visited, you are still considered family. Arborland teaches with ways I think helped me to be able to adapt to a situation no matter what is happening. The teachers there are beyond what a teacher is considered. They care about you. Not only how you learn but how you are in your everyday life. Arborland will always be a part of me and my family. Without Arborland and the teachers I wouldn't be who I am today.

Posted June 24, 2011

Arborland has been a great place to work. I am also very fortunate to have my son attend there as well. He is going to be entering the fourth grade next year. I want to thank his prior teachers , he is fully prepared for the upper elementary. Arborland is a school where parents can feel good about the education and care their children are receiving.

Posted June 18, 2011

All the staff members at Arborland are great. They all work hard and teach every child uniquely as an individual. Teachers at Arborland never teach for the sake of teaching. Instead, they strive to make a difference in every child's life and education. Looking back at my own childhood years, I would have loved to come to school at Arborland. Learning would have been more exciting. It's a great school to send your child to. This school is worth the visit.

Posted June 16, 2011

I really enjoy this school its great especially the way they teach how fast the children learn to read and write at such a young age sooner than the public school system. i went to public school all my life and i wish my parents would of taken me here. Its great!

Posted May 16, 2011

Prior to enrolling our daughter Arborland, we conducted an extensive search for a school that would provide the best overall learning environment. Arborland has far exceeded our expectations. Our daughter entered Arborland at 4 1/2 years of age and having no prior school experience. The dedicated and highly talented teachers and staff at Arborland have created such a nuturing, motivating and individualized learning environment, and our daughter has flourished as a result. We were so pleased with our daughter's first year at Arborland, that we enrolled her younger brother into the Pre-K program- and he loves it! The principal, teachers and staff are visible, accessible and very engaged. It is evident that the primary goal is to ensure the school provides a strong foundation for its children, but also a comfortable and familial-like environment for the parents and families of the children. We would recommend Arborland to anyone who is seeking a program that promotes a wonderful balance of advanced learning, confidence, leadership, social graces and respect.

Posted May 9, 2011

I heard from several friends about Arborland when I was looking for the best school for my child. The Arborland provides best environment and newest materials for learning. The teacher fully understands chlid's stengths and weaknesses with relationship and daily close observation. The principal , staff, teacher are wonderful. I don't worry about my son at school because they guide and care like one of my family members does. I rate the Arborland is two-thumbs up.

Posted February 11, 2011

I LOVE ARBORLAND!!! I am currently an eighth grader at Parks Junior High School. My 9 years at Arborland has established an excellent foundation for me! As a 7th grader, I was taking Advanced Algebra and advanced choir with 8th graders. I was also in the GATE program. This year, in addition to maintaining a 4.0 GPA, I was elected as our school s student body secretary and recently crowned as Miss Fullerton Outstanding Teen First Runner Up. I believe education is a preparation for life. I thank Arborland for providing me with excellent academic, leadership and public speaking skills. Arborland gave all of their students opportunities to perform on stage multiple times a year. My performance experience has helped me to win the top interview award in this year s Miss Fullerton Outstanding Teen competition. I continue to take vocal, piano, and dance lessons at Arborland Academy of the Arts. I love Arborland and look forward to continuing its alumni s excellence tradition!!!

Asian or Pacific Islander 56% 11%

Teacher resources

Special staff resources available to students Tutor(s)
Teacher aid/assistant teacher
PE instructor(s)
Music teacher(s)
Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
Dance teacher(s)
Art teacher(s)
Assistant principal(s)
Foreign languages spoken by school staff Tagalog
Spanish
Chinese (Mandarin)
Chinese (Cantonese)
Arabic languages
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Mathematics

• Instructional aide(s)/coach(es)
  • PE instructor(s)
  • Access to sports fields
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school: ends at 6:30 p.m.
  • Before school: starts at 6:30 a.m.
  • Ms. Linda Martinez
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • Infant
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Nonsectarian
Associations
  • AMI
Fax number
  • (714) 773-1532

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Montessori

• Science
  • Technology
  • Visual arts
  • Writing
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Access to sports fields
  • Audiovisual aids
  • Internet access
  • Kitchen
  • Multi-purpose room ("cafegymatorium")
  • Music room

• Drama
Media arts
  • None

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Student newspaper

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Neither uniforms nor dress code
Bullying policy
  • This school does not have a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights