Galt, CA

Posted December 18, 2014
Lake Canyon has the best programs in Galt for kids. in addition to excellent academics, music and PE, they have about 20 after school clubs for students to join, many of them run by teachers on their own time. The clubs are all different, including community service, technology, games, even robotics. The previous principal Mrs. Souligny was wonderful, the new principal Mrs. Hayes is amazing. Discipline has a good balance of letting kids be kids, and not letting them be heathens. Parents are involved and welcomed onto campus, and the PTA has already had several family events that were free. It's a great school.

Posted July 22, 2014
All I have to say is Lake Canyon is a wonderful school. I have 2 kids in different grades and from the teachers to the staff to the principal, they get the job done! It makes it feel like we have another family. Great job Lake Canyon!

Posted April 01, 2014
To the previous reviewer...it sounds like you have it dead wrong! This principal was simply following CA education code. Make sure you know the facts regarding the legal age for enrollment in public schools before throwing around poor ratings or accusations! Lake Canyon is a wonderful and innovative school!

Lake Canyon Elementary School 1

Posted November 14, 2013
Beware Parents! We are very very upset with this School. We have a 4 yr old going to T-kindergarten and he has been going for 3 mths now, he's had perfect attendance. He enjoys going to school and socializing with his little friends. He just recently got the flu and he missed 2 days of school. We then get a call from the School saying our child was put in the school by Error and he can no longer go! This is happening 3 months into the school year!We spoke to the Principal and all she could say was that someone filled out the birthdate line on the School Application wrong then she switched it up saying that our little 4 year old told the teacher when his birthdate was! So untrue, he barely knows his days of the week! Why didn't they see this when they inputed my little boys info on the system?! Why now that he looks forward to going School and celebrating his little birthday party with the rest of his little friends. It's so heartbreaking to tell a little child sorry you can't go anymore because the Principal said you are legally not able to step in the School campus as if he were a danger to someone. The Principal and the staff are incompetent, I don't wish this to anyone!

Posted August 20, 2012
This school has the most competent staff and makes communication to parents very easy. My two children have moved several times and had never liked school much. Now that they are at Lake Canyon, they thoroughly enjoy going to school, and have shown great acedemic progress. This is an excellent school in my opinion!

Lake Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted August 07, 2012
I have to disagree with a previous poster. My children and several friends children have attended this school for over three years. The principal is amazing. She truly cares about each student. Yes they use red, yellow and green cards for behavior issues, and yes children may be required to finish their work before going to recess. When you teach 20-30 kids you have to have some kind of management system. Having been a teacher as well as a homeschool parent, the two enviornments are vastly different, and one cannot expect a teacher to create a homeschool enviornment in their classroom. I think MOST teachers at Lake Canyon are incredible, and do an amazing job handling all their students individual needs as best as they can. Any school has a handful of teachers that are harder than others, and as always, certain parent/teacher personalities will clash...

Posted October 19, 2011
i just ended 6th grade at lake canyon about 5 months ago i had been going there since the school first opened(i was in 1st grade) it is an amazing school and the teachers are the best

Posted September 14, 2011
Lake Canyon is an awesome school! I have two daughters currently attending in fifth and second grades. My oldest daughter has been attending this school for three years after starting out at Valley Oaks. While I think they did a great job with my daughter and her individual situation, I think the academics at Lake Canyon are far superior. This school has an amazing teaching staff. Parents have to be involved in their child's education no matter where they attend school. You cannot complain about your child's education if you aren't helping out at home. Having said that, my girls have a firm grasp on the homework being sent home since it is really a review of their school day. I cannot praise this school enough for the great education my kids are revieving!

Lake Canyon Elementary School 4

Posted March 03, 2011
This school is great! I have two kids there and each have excelled. Ms Seamons 6th grade was fabulous and son enjoyed going to class everyday which was a great improvement over his old school (in sacramento). Be ready to be an involved parent because these teachers need our help.

Lake Canyon Elementary School 1

Posted May 19, 2010
Very stressful and high pressure school. In kindergarten they give kids yellow cards and red cards for accademic and poor behavior. My child had a health problem and needed to use to the restroom and the teacher said that she needed to use reward points to go to the bathroom. My 1st grader was understanding the stuff taught but was not doing the worksheets quickly as the teacher wanted. So she would get yellow cards or threatened with yellow cards and it really made her anxious. She associated yellow cards with being bad. I tried to talk to her about it. But she was wound around and not acting like her self at school. Either crying or complaining about tummy cramps. The principal did not care about my child situation at all. I took her out. Best Choice I have made. She is now ecelling at home!

Lake Canyon Elementary School
800 Lake Canyon Avenue, Galt, CA  95632
Last modified Lake Canyon Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Canyon Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top