Galt, CA

Galt High School 5

Posted January 26, 2015
I think Galt High is a great school, for as long as my child had been going their I am really impressed with the grades he brings home.

Galt High School 2

Posted March 12, 2013
Based on my past experience, I wouldn't suggest this school to anyone. I bounced around a lot during my High School years, due to some issues in home life, and a lot to do with the schools I was attending. GHS was probably the worst of my High School experience. I started here as a freshman, and left before my first year was up. The teachers were clueless, the staff was negligent, and the students were unruly. The bulk of my negative experience was that my teachers simply didn't care about their jobs (or so it seemed). I was bored more often than not, and if it wasn't a lack in stimulation that lulled my interest, it was the teachers apathy to their students taking advantage of the lack of structure. This was in 2004, it's surely possible that there have been improvements since, but I highly doubt it.

Galt High School 3

Posted September 18, 2012
class of 2002 teachers teachers teachers that's what makes a school I had great teachers the first two years there I got A's and B's then came my Jr and Sr years my teachers didn't care they were not hands on lazy at best. I also know we the kids need something to do in Galt on our down time from school so we can keep our heads on strait and not get into trouble, It is Galt

Galt High School 2

Posted August 26, 2012
I was a graduate of GHS in 2001. This school was beyond disappointing for its students. I achieved state-wide test scores in the 99th percentile, but its academic involvement for kids that are capable of scholastic aptitude is spotty at best. Sometimes you will get a teacher that is fantastic and involved and provides excellent educational experiences. More often than that, teachers are poorly chosen, and the curriculum they provide is sub-par. Ten years later, my little brother graduates, and the system is still struggling with the same problems, lacks luster in the same areas, and you are still lucky, LUCKY, if you get a teacher that actually bothers to educate. I would rather move than let my child attend this school.

Galt High School 5

Posted November 02, 2011
i LOVE GHS!!! some of the teachers are a pain but they do it so we can be successful in the future!!! we have great teachers for the advance classes and for the regular classes as well the teachers help alot but it is about the student wanting to help out as well!! i mean it has to be a great school to have survived 100 years!!! yeeee CLASS OF 2012!!! (;

Galt High School 3

Posted May 12, 2010
The School is fine in teaching material, but the school lacks disipline.

Posted March 27, 2010
I'm a parent of a student, and I don't think teachers work hard enough to help students. There is no comunication between teacher, student and parent. I think that regular meetings shoul be schedule in particular with students with low test scores.

Posted November 25, 2009
I am a grandparent of four grads and two current GHS students. I have been very impressed with the new principal. He seems to be everywhere! Out in the classrooms, checking on subs, at many extracurricular events, club fundraisers, and including a Saturday two hours away in Yuba City to support the marching band in competition! He obviously realizes that hanging out in the office is NOT the way to know what is going on in your school!

Posted April 30, 2009
Wow where do I start. Be very involved in your childs education or your child will get lost in the system. My child has failed the same class 3 times and never recieved notice until report cards. I have a school loop account and email the teacher with no response for a meeting emailed the counselor twice still no response for a meeting. Administration does not care and your lucky if you get a great teacher at this school. Very crowded. May be that will change when new high school in Galt is opened. BEWARE PARENTS!

Posted June 29, 2008
i am a student at Galt High School and i have found it to be extremely hard to work with some teachers. I travel all over the country showing horses and some of the teachers just won't give me a break with time to make up work. Some of my teachers last year were great, but others just made my life so hard. I had a teacher who told me i had to turn in my make up work within 2 days after i had just been gone 2 weeks for a long horse show. What made it even harder was that it wasn't something i could learn alone. It was in my advanced math class. The book we had didn't give us sufficient examples for us to really learn the material. when i told my teacher this, she told me that i should have learned with the class.

145 North Lincoln Way, Galt, CA  95632
Last modified Galt High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Galt High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 30 reviews. Top