Galt, CA
Before care: Yes

Marengo Ranch Elementary School 2

Posted December 10, 2014
My children have attended this school since they were in kinder. The school was a safe environment that focused on students individuality, grades, community and family. I am happy with the district changes and I find MRE teachers are good. I am not comfortable with the schools general philosophies. The principal has created a environment which diminishes the unique qualities which made Marengo Ranch stand out. Ms. Porter appears to only be focused on attendance stats and scores. Assemblies, parent educational nights and grade class structures are put together poorly without direction. Programs such as sciences, music, the arts and other educational enrichment classes are not a priority and get little direction or attention. Yard duty personal are either not trained or they are managed incorrectly. Bullying by both children and yard duty personal have increased. I would recommend anyone who is moving into the area to look at Lake Canyon Elementary School. It has become what Marengo Ranch School used to be.

Posted June 22, 2014
The teachers and staff are very supportive of the students. It is a safe and caring campus which focuses on education. There is a lot of parent participation. Curriculum is comparable to similar areas. The principals main focus is on attendance rather than student welfare. She appears to be a good manager but, not an effective leader. She comes across as demeaning and does not have the ability to gain strong support.

Posted February 19, 2013
My children have been attending this school for 7 years. The teachers have been caring, professional and always made themselves available for parent questions or concerns. I've been impressed with how many of the teachers spend their own time finding ways to teach and capture students interest within the strict limitations given to them by the administration. In addition, the principal is supportive and active with both staff and students. The teachers have made every attempt to teach my children, not simply teach to a test. My children have flourished in this school.

Posted September 24, 2011
I am disappointed to see such a vicious and childish response from one of our teachers. I can honestly say this school is outstanding. I have experienced nothing but support from the staff and teachers at this school. The environment is supportive, encouraging and safe. This makes me sad because it hurts our school. The people who work and volunteer at the school strive to make a safe, educational and happy environment for our children. We work together with the community to do so. It is a parents right to express their feelings. Hopefully, you will give us another chance to do better.

Posted September 24, 2011
good communication between most teachers and principal. administrative staff is aways helpful. positive learning environment. students are encouraged to be respectful. safe school. over all, great school.

Posted September 21, 2011
Kind of ironic that a parent gets on the internet to complain about a teacher who was on the internet not paying attention to there child. Who was paying attention to your child while you were on the internet complaining? Maybe we should turn you in to CPS for child neglect. This is incredible, if you have an issue with a teacher talk to the teacher. Do not complain about them on the internet because your child received a low mark and now you are upset.

Marengo Ranch Elementary School 2

Posted July 26, 2011
Horrible teacher involvement for one particular 4th grade teacher! She would rather shop on the internet than pay attention to the students in need of a little extra help.

Posted October 23, 2009

Posted May 21, 2009

Posted February 06, 2009
I have two children in the MRE and we are very pleased with the level of attention both my children receive with their learning. Some teachers communicate more than others, so the expectations of communication needs to come from the parent(s). The schools extra assistance programs are great! We have had one child in the speech and reading programs and this has helped tremendously. Overall the school is a great fit for my children.

Marengo Ranch Elementary School
1000 Elk Hills Drive, Galt, CA  95632
Last modified Marengo Ranch Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marengo Ranch Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top