Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Grateful to: School leader

Posted April 14, 2016
The princible and her assistant. They are never to busy for a parents questions. And I see them talking with the kids and they always take their time.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted April 14, 2016
Not to the extrem but in healthy measures that will benefit the, thru out life.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted April 14, 2016
I see it even with the kindergarten classes and with the older kids. I see it with my own children.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 14, 2016
When a child is being spoken to for getting out of line the approach is strong with a caring and understanding voice by the teacher or staff. The principle is all hands on deck and amazing.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 14, 2016
It is part of the schools foundation. I see my children being honest and their school spirit is positive.

River Oaks Elementary School 5

Posted April 14, 2016
Both my kids go to this school and they are so happy with their teachers. As a parent I see my kids growing and wanting to ne involved. Parent involment is strong. The homework is heavy and the staff is strict but it is appreciated!

River Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted July 07, 2013
This school is WAY too strict. My son received a detention for running! He told me he was re-enacting a scene from a cartoon and they gave him a detention. He also added that the school treated him horribly. This crushed his soul because all he wanted to do was excel in school when all the school did was bring him down. River Oaks acts like a mistake deserves harsh consequences and punishes kids who use their imaginations. It worries me that this school thinks it is okay to teach our kids "life-lessons" when they punish them for tolerable acts.

River Oaks Elementary School 5

Posted May 11, 2013
Outstand school with plenty of spirit and parent involvement. I specifically chose my home in this area for River Oaks. All school staff are outstanding and the principle is the best I have ever seen. There are not many schools that I can say are better. I have a personal relationship with not only my two children's teachers but also other teachers at the school. I can't think of one that I wouldn't want my children to be taught by. This class is the best in the area bar none!

River Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted February 19, 2013
There are a few select teachers that make this school special. My child has had several years of having to struggle with learning the curriculum because the teachers could not and would not adapt to her needs. My other child has excelled in each of her classrooms during the years of attendence, it is sad for me to say that the experience has been great, but only because of being an advanced student. My child who is struggeling was recently shamed in front of the entire class and who has also been shamed in front of me just recently. I am taking steps to move my child to a teacher who can take the time and patience to work with my child. Needless to say, the teacher is makes the school either a joy or a struggle.

River Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted November 19, 2008
If you want your child to be a robot automatons and only walk during school, no walking on grass any where. If your child has any learning problems forget any help from teachers or counselors. You would be better off home schooling then this school.

905 Vintage Oak Avenue, Galt, CA  95632-3076
Last modified River Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.