River Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted July 07, 2013
This school is WAY too strict. My son received a detention for running! He told me he was re-enacting a scene from a cartoon and they gave him a detention. He also added that the school treated him horribly. This crushed his soul because all he wanted to do was excel in school when all the school did was bring him down. River Oaks acts like a mistake deserves harsh consequences and punishes kids who use their imaginations. It worries me that this school thinks it is okay to teach our kids "life-lessons" when they punish them for tolerable acts.

Posted May 11, 2013
Outstand school with plenty of spirit and parent involvement. I specifically chose my home in this area for River Oaks. All school staff are outstanding and the principle is the best I have ever seen. There are not many schools that I can say are better. I have a personal relationship with not only my two children's teachers but also other teachers at the school. I can't think of one that I wouldn't want my children to be taught by. This class is the best in the area bar none!

River Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted February 19, 2013
There are a few select teachers that make this school special. My child has had several years of having to struggle with learning the curriculum because the teachers could not and would not adapt to her needs. My other child has excelled in each of her classrooms during the years of attendence, it is sad for me to say that the experience has been great, but only because of being an advanced student. My child who is struggeling was recently shamed in front of the entire class and who has also been shamed in front of me just recently. I am taking steps to move my child to a teacher who can take the time and patience to work with my child. Needless to say, the teacher is makes the school either a joy or a struggle.

River Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted April 22, 2009

River Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted November 19, 2008
If you want your child to be a robot automatons and only walk during school, no walking on grass any where. If your child has any learning problems forget any help from teachers or counselors. You would be better off home schooling then this school.

Posted August 23, 2008
If you want a safe and high academic standard, this school is for you! One of the best elementary schools in the valley!

Posted May 21, 2008

Posted May 16, 2008
In this day and age of laxed academic excellence expectation, this school is a rare privelege. The lots of homework, parental participation and the hard working/caring staff are the corner stones of our kids's success. What a great school !

Posted May 12, 2008
Very good school! Mrs. McCown is amazing! She is so organized and keeps the students on task. They also have fun learning as well. The school itself is very clean and positive. I do wish there were more student pageants. I live for that!

Posted March 05, 2007
My children have flourished at this school! very strict and a lot of homework but is not very strict with not much homework better? The staff is great and the emphasis on college at this young age is invaluable. We are so lucky to have river oaks be the springboard to our children's academic future.

River Oaks Elementary School
905 Vintage Oak Avenue, Galt, CA  95632
Last modified River Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
River Oaks Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top