Bad
Good

Valley Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted March 20, 2014
Valley Oaks. I agree 100% with the first review. I have decided that tomorrow will be my daughters last day at this school. She has been here since Kinder and is now in 4th and I am now fed up completely. Every single thing the first review said is accurate, we have experienced the same thing. They do nothing about bullying at all.

Valley Oaks Elementary School 1

Posted January 31, 2014
My wife and I have had nothing but problems with the staff, at time we even question their credentials? It took them over a year to except that our son was diagnosed with ADHA. they did nothing in to accommodate this until we threatened them with court! So many more things to list before and after that. The main reason for this post this morning is due to the lack of responsibility on the staffs part. My son and I were waiting for the teachers to arrive this morning to line the children up. Well, one of the classes had about 16 or so children in it. While im helping my son with his backpack, at least 8 of the kids wanted to point, yell and make fun of him. The teachers did nothing, in fact they brushed me off when I spoke up about bullying in schools. Mind you this school is about 85% Hispanic, not an issue really, until my son just became the minority. They speak Spanish mainly at this school. honesty I don't feel this school has enough class for the classes they teach only in America right? do yourself a favor, stay away from this school. we (my wife and I) have had enough of their games!

Valley Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted July 28, 2008
Overall the school is good. My daughter enjoys going there and the teachers geniunely seem to care about the students. There does need to be more parent participation though. It makes it rough because a great deal of the students are Spanish speaking and they tend to speak Spanish instead of English. English needs to be the primary language at all schools!

Valley Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted November 25, 2007
Valley Oaks is a great school for children to begin their education. Teachers genuinely care about the students and the administration is actively involved in the daily lives of the students. There is, however, a need for more parent participation. Teachers simply can not do it all. There is a need for additional extra curricular activities, which are unavailable at this time. If I had my own children, I would send them to VO, no question.

Valley Oaks Elementary School 4

Posted February 14, 2007
My daughter has attended since kindergarten. She is now in the 4th grade and I am pleased with the school overall. She is very happy at Valley Oaks and I wouldn't change it for the world. I beleive that their educational foundatin begins at home regardless of the school.

Valley Oaks Elementary School

Posted August 11, 2005
I like this school and my son likes it too.

Valley Oaks Elementary School 2

Posted February 25, 2004
Absolutely disgusted with parent participation, including the PTA sitting on $21K, and taking the money from the library instead of paying for things. Parents need to know what the funds are funding, it certainly isn't what they assume.

Valley Oaks Elementary School 3

Posted August 27, 2003
This school has the potential to be great.. bottom line here is there is NOT enough parent invovlement which is crucial for great success. PTA (parent teacher association) hardly has any parents or teachers present. Step up to the plate! Let's be great!

Valley Oaks Elementary School
21 C Street, Galt, CA  95632-2090
Last modified Valley Oaks Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.