K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

They definitely take time to teach the students life skills too. Examples: how to properly ask for something, how to voice frustrations without acting out, and multiple other things I have observed.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Very much so. They or their lives into these kids, doing the best they can to help them succeed.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

With a son in Kindergarten there's not much homework. When he has had a sick day it was very easy for him to get the work and finish it at home, definitely wasn't stressful for him or me.

My first child just finished Kindergarten. He learned so much! I love the smaller classroom so he was really able to get know his teacher, and the other students better. With it being a smaller school it has more of a home school flexible feel, yet high academic standards, encouraging young kids to strive to learn more. My son was excited every day to share the new thing he learned in school, and this excitement continued through the year with encouragement from his wonderful kindergarten teacher!

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

So far we have not had much homework. My child gets most of her work done at school so she has plenty of time for free play at night.

This is the second year my oldest child has attended the school and we love it. Next year my youngest daughter will be attending. She is a little different so I have understandably been concerned. Most private schools want every child to be uniform and to fit one learning style. This school anticipates each child to be different and they definitely accommodate that. This makes me very comfortable to send my second child here since I know she will be in great hands! My oldest child loves it so much she sometimes asks to go on her days off. Lol

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school uses a Christ centered approach to dealing with all situations. They definitely encourage everyone to treat each other with the compassion and respect we all need.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers here are willing to accommodate each child's needs instead of forcing them into the box most schools try to fit them into.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

This is the first year my child has attended GCS and I am happy with what I have seen so far. The classes are small so my child receives more focused attention and there is a real love for the Lord in the school.

Last modified Galt Christian School is a Private school that serves grades K-8