Garden Grove, CA

Padre Pio Academy 4

Posted May 16, 2012
I wrote a review here years ago, and it is still there. It is true that the school is somewhat cliquish, and there are some difficult families that are associated with the school. That said, the education is truly Catholic, and also very academic. When I went to college, over a decade out of high school, I got a 4.0 every semester. Now, I dropped out of school and received my GED due to my rebellious nature at the time, but the education that was given to me at (St) Padre Pio Academy was instrumental in my Catholic education, and in my 4.0 in college. My brothers all still firmly hold to the Catholic Faith, even if 2 of them are fallen away at the time. (Please pray for them). There are downfalls to this school, but it is the best choice for a truly Catholic education in the area. The only better choice you can make is homeschooling, which I believe every family aught to do.

Padre Pio Academy 1

Posted February 26, 2010
I have to disagree with the reviews that say this school prepares students for college. It prepares students only for community college and and then transfer to university. I have to agree with the review about a clique among the families that have been there the longest. It's very obvious since it's the same students that win the awards every year. This school has not grown from its small size because the newish families leave after getting tired of the cliques and favoritism. The academics offered is mediocre at best. If it isn't already obvious, the good reviews for this school are left by people who have been there a long time. Also, they need to do something about that racist religion teacher. His 'colorful' terms for other ethnicities are unacceptable. There is also an undercurrent feeling of racism throughout the school/church. Finally, they are severely disorganized and need help.

Padre Pio Academy 0

Posted October 11, 2008
I have six children, five attend Padre Pio Academy. I've been a teacher here for 12 years. There are no cliques here and the teachers (myself included) really care about the students. We have many college graduates to prove we are doing a great job! The important thing is that my kids are getting a good Catholic education. This is the best school.

Padre Pio Academy 0

Posted August 22, 2008
I graduated from Padre Pio Academy, and I was more than prepared for college. I finished college in 4 years, and had a 3.4 GPA. Padre Pio Academy is a great school, and I made many great friends there. The teachers all worked hard to make sure we did well in class. The classroom size was small, so there was plenty of one-on-one attention if a student needed help.

Padre Pio Academy 1

Posted August 11, 2008
I'm sorry but I strongly have to disagree with 1985 parent. The education is not excellent and they do not prepare your children for college. This school has major clique among staff and the staff does not care about your childrens future. Send your kids to another school.

Posted June 05, 2008
I have had my children at the school since 1985. The education my children have received is excellent. The faculty is very helpful in making sure my college bound child has all the necessary classes needed for the college of their choice. The staff truely cares about each and every child.

Posted January 24, 2008

Posted December 16, 2004
Padre Pio Academy is a non-diocesan, non-profit, 1-12 Catholic School. I have been happy with the school since 1998. A balanced Catholic approach to education lead by dedicated teachers and parents continues to be a shining light in a era with few truely Catholic choices in education. Wholesome friends and wholesome parents are the norm. With weekly Friday Mass and daily rosary as part of the accredited curriculum. Student body is approx 75 children on a 2-acre property. God continues to bless the school with regular growth and wonderful Catholic parents who seek the best for their children. I highly recommend this school and hope any new families will arrange a visit to see for themseles as I did years ago. The rest is a joyful history for me.

Padre Pio Academy