Garden Grove, CA

Posted March 24, 2015
Great teachers and one awesome principal. My daughter has been attending Barker since kindergarten. She's now in 4th grade.

Posted April 28, 2014
This is my Son's second year at Barker, he is in 2nd Grade. I have been very impressed with his teachers and how much they care about his sucess. He is a good citizen in class but struggles to keep up with the pace and the work load. By working closely with his teachers he stays on track. I also love the Principal. He is very engaged with the students and clearly cares a great deal about their success. He takes an active role in assisting the teachers and works very well with the parents. Barker is a high achieving school and there is much work that goes along with maintaining that standard, students are expected to work hard and be responsible at every grade level. Keeping my son up to that standard has been hard, but, 100% worth it. Another school might mean less homework at night, but, I don't think that would be worth it.

Posted June 06, 2013
This school is the best, I have never regretted moving my child to this school.

Posted January 15, 2011
My daughter is a first grader and it is our first year at Barker. I am blown away by the school's staff and their commitment to student achievement. My daughter loves her school and when we walk on campus most of the kids know each others names and the teachers on duty greet her by name making the school feel so secure and close knit. I can't say enough positive things about the first grade teacher she has or the reading teacher she has... both have been amazing, supportive, and communicative. As a a teacher myself I know the demands on educators and the pressure that is ever growing, but my daughter doesn't feel that from the teacher, She feels only supported and cared about. I look forward to more years and my other daughter starting kinder next year!

Posted May 11, 2010
I attended Barker my oldest attended and my youngest is still there for 2 more years. The best teachers are there, the best principal and the parent envolement is great. Everyone works together for the children.

Posted April 27, 2010
BEST SCHOOL in Orange County! All four of my children have attended there and receive/received top notch education from fabulous teachers!

Loyal Barker Elementary School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
Great school in a great neigborhood. Seems like a private school even though its not!!

Posted November 15, 2007
I love this school. It feels more like a parochial school than a public one. The parental involvement is high and the kids seem very polite and respectable. I would recommend it to anyone.

Posted February 28, 2006

Posted February 28, 2006

Loyal Barker Elementary School
12565 Springdale Street, Garden Grove, CA  92845
Last modified Loyal Barker Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loyal Barker Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top