Bad
Good

Bolsa Grande High School 3

Posted January 03, 2014
As a student at Bolsa, my experiences have basically shown me that Bolsa is just ok. The other kid's behavior here tends to be pretty rude or inappropriate, but there are others that are really kind and polite. The ASB is also not very nice or helpful as they should be, they just act higher than everyone else. The teachers are a gamble, some are REALLY good and teach with amazing examples and make class fun. However, some others have no control over their classes or don't teach well at all. Some of the clubs here are really weak and don't do much at all. The art and music programs are good, I enjoy them. Most of my classes teach me a decent amount, and all in all I'm satisfied with the school. It does it's job and there aren't any major problems with it, although it could be a lot better.

Posted September 19, 2013
Bolsa Grande High School is a profound educational foundation creating tomorrow's geration's future, today. The dedacation and pride is in every exeptional student on campus. Through the work and help provided by every teacher, no student could possibly fail. Every students work will pay off, and will show on the California Standerdized Test. The best part of Bolsa Grande is how every person can work with one and another to get the best possability to strive in the high school life. :)

Bolsa Grande High School 2

Posted June 07, 2013
I transferred here from another state and graduated here at BGHS. On my very first day, I felt the sense of disorganization and hostility. There were many complications on deciding which classes I should take. Counselors did not help me much with that, and I ended up missing some required courses to graduate. I was lucky to catch it myself before I would be required to stay back another year. I felt like the school was low in money. Some classrooms did not have AC in the hot summer. On my first day in my first class, I had to sit in the back of a laboratory table because there was not enough seats and had to write my notes on my lap. Academics is not very great. Most AP courses are not taught appropriately. There definitely needs to be improvements, and I have not seen any signs of it. Students definitely try hard, but the school does not provide the resources that it should. The focus and attention of staff is misplaced and feedback is not encouraged.

Bolsa Grande High School 4

Posted November 24, 2009
Bolsa Grande makes the transititon from jr high to high school a welcoming experience. My daughter is a freshman and is doing very well academically and has made great new friends.

Posted October 26, 2009
I attended Bolsa Grande for 2 years already. And I am going to attend my Junior year there. So far, I think that Bolsa Granda is a really great school. It has all the qualities that make a good high school. It has a great staff, plenty of fun activities throughout the year, and eco-friendly enviroment. The staff really helps me with my struggles and helps me aim higher with my passings. I think everybody should go check out Bolsa Grande first before making judgements about it. Because like they say 'Don't judge a book by its cover.'

Posted March 01, 2009
My son went to Bolsa and I feel the teachers and staff were very supportive in helping him to succeed. The principal is very out of touch with the students. I do feel that the elective classes were slighted greatly. I wanted my son to prepare for his major in college and unfortunately I had to insist repeatedly (with his counselor) that he take the electives that would prepare him for his college major and not an extra year of foreign language, math or science. Overall a great school though.

Posted January 31, 2008
Bolsa is a great school, trust me. it's bored sometimes, and some teachers are not really great but I like it. It has lots of smart students and they really are. Also, we can learn cultures from the other countries too because there are a lot of students fromt different countries. Especially, Asians are really so smart and clever. We can learn from them a lot.

Posted October 31, 2007
Bolsa was a great school to go to and was more fun then my current school trust me all the teachers there are great some can be a bore but if you're failing or don't understand something just ask them and they will help and disciplinary action at the school are not to strict or lenient im glad that i will be returning for my senior year Class of 09

Bolsa Grande High School 1

Posted August 21, 2007
The teachers here are all horrible. Bolsa should check up on how well the teacher can teach and not how well they know their own material. Communicating with students is a big issue for most teachers here because I don't feel they are in sync. Don't get me wrong, im a very hardworking student and very open to all teachers as long as they are open with me. The students all live in their own little world and does not interact with many others. School rallies are very poor and the spirit is very limited. I will be graduating class of '09 and i really don't want to graduate at bolsa. I wish to go to some other school and hopefully I can get out of here and soon.

Bolsa Grande High School 2

Posted June 08, 2007
I graduated from BGHS in 2003. It's funny to see the change in academics from normal classes to AP classes. If your child is struggling, do not send him/her to BGHS. I was the struggling child and I did not receive any support to get my grades up whatsoever. I finally started getting things right in my Junior year and took my first AP Civics/Honors Econ class with Mr. Shadid my senior year and he put me on the right track. Overall, I know that BGHS had only a slight influence on where I am now in terms of success, and this was due to taking that AP/honors class. I do believe that the AP program needs work in producing better academically prepared students.

9401 Westminster Avenue, Garden Grove, CA  92844-2901
Last modified Bolsa Grande High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.