Bad
Good

Posted August 26, 2013
Outstanding! Teachers and staff are hands on with with my child's success and so am I. My son has gone to Faylane for 4 years and I have been nothing but happy with the teachers and staff. The teamwork is incredible. I know my son's education and guidance is a priority by all. Definitely keeping him here. Thank you Teachers.

Posted November 03, 2012
I have two children and two nephews that attend Faylane currently. Over the past 6 years, we have seen two great principals, Dr. Carter and Mr. Hegberg. Both went above and beyond their job description, in my opinion. We currently got a new principal and it has been difficult to adjust for both students and parents. I miss walking up to pick up my kids and being greeted by a friendly, smiling principal. Instead, I hardly ever see the principal, and would not even know who she is had I not attended a meeting. She has changed many things at the school, some that were necessary, and others that were not. The majority were not! She presents herself as an open-minded person, yet she has not listened to our concerns. The staff is exceptional!! They have always been terrific and now I am not so sure they are very happy either! I really hope things go back to normal again!

Faylane Elementary School 1

Posted June 05, 2012
This school is horrible. They heavily lack communication skills. The teachers do a decent job while they are overwhelmed. The principle has serious problem understanding his place and job. Fails to use simple common sense and display an understanding of basic communication skills. I have emailed back and forth with the staff and teachers and the horrible use of the English language on those responsible to teach our children the correct way is deplorable. I do not live in this district and have tried over the last few years to be involved in my son's schooling and have, with the exception of his kindergarten teacher (who transferred away from this school), seen roadblocks by the school at each turn. I have been diplomatic and tried to work with them, but it is clear they are inept. When treated this way by the school, with the exception of the Assistant Superintendent of schools, you don't even get an apology. Instead they just make you feel more unwelcome....Sad

Posted June 02, 2011
I currently have two nieces and one nephew are attending at Faylane. We are very grateful all the teachers who give my kids the best of education and knowledge. The principal is friendly; the staff is helpful. Thank you for making the wonderful environment every time we go to Faylane.

Faylane Elementary School 1

Posted February 22, 2011
First, I talk to the principle, He kind of nice from the beginning, but when the conversation going on, regarding my child behavior in schooling. He questioned and get angry toward me, not in a pleasant voice. I am very dissapointed !!!!

Faylane Elementary School

Posted November 03, 2009
The principal is very hands on with the kids and has great respect for them.

Posted August 16, 2009
Im a parent of whose child has been attending faylane school since k-3 and now is going on to fourth grade. I am very pleased on how my child has improved through out the school year. He has achieved so much and i cant tell you how grateful i am with the teachers there.

Posted May 21, 2006
I've been very satisfied with this school. The principal knows who your child is when you walk on campus. The PTA is very active. There are many parents who are very involved in the school. The teachers are very supportive of the students. My children have excelled more this year here than they did at a private school they attended last year.

Posted December 09, 2005
My child is currently at Kindergarten @ Faylane Elementary. You can expect lots of feedback from the teachers and staff. The Teacher/Parent communication @ Faylane is excellent. Children are sent home with daily and weekly updates about what is being covered in class. The students are matched with other children who are of like skill levels to form groups. Each group seems to receive equal attention from the teacher. The classrooms are bright and vibrant which seem to encourage learning. Overall we are very happy with the curriculum and teaching techniques.

Posted March 31, 2005
My son has been at Faylane for two years (K & currently 1st). The teachers and adminstration have been outstanding. Their dedication and individual student interest is appreciated and because of this my son is making progress academically and socially. Thank you Ms. Carter and staff.

Faylane Elementary School
11731 Morrie Lane, Garden Grove, CA  92840-1906
Last modified Faylane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.