Garden Grove, CA

James Irvine Intermediate School 2

Posted May 19, 2013
horrible "p.e" that didnt come close to preparing me for cosmpetitive highschool sports. I understand that with budget cuts this school is nothing like it was in the past but god why do my parents bother paying taxes?! The only class that came close to being challenging was my honor english class with Mrs.tartaglini. I don't feel I was adequadetly prepared at this school for my AP courses this year. A complete waste of my two years...

James Irvine Intermediate School 3

Posted April 08, 2010
James Irvine Intermediate School is a good school for my son goes to. My son said, he love this school because school have cool staffs and cool teachers but not all teacher that he has this year also the 1st year of 7th grade. He said that he so excited to go this school after he finish MorningSide School in last year. But now, he just a kid but he say to stress for him. Come on ! how can kid know about stress. My son told me one of he teacher, she so tough with him or other kid in he class and hardly give her student 2rd change if kid made a mistake, and i think that is not right for kid. I know that when i was in high school all teacher give students a 2rd change why not in intermediate school?.

Posted October 06, 2009
The teachers would have to be one of my favorite parts of attending school.

James Irvine Intermediate School 5

Posted October 06, 2009
Irvine is a great school with fantastic teachers, as well as students. My daughter comes home everyday with an interesting story to tell me about her teacher(s). Her teachers are very good at what they do, and makes the school a place where students want to be.

Posted October 05, 2009
James Irvine Intermediate, is a school that has worked hard. I have been here for over a year now and i have realized that students and teachers both work so hard, yet do not get anything from it. Sure students receive many awards for their academics, but what about their motivation, perseverance, and overall social skills. Students have been very kind, including the teachers. The superiors have been almost perfect watching over James Irvine. Teachers try their best to motivate students to working hard and the students reply back showing their best possible effort. Not only do teachers help academically, but they also try their best to tell others to interact with students they dont usually talk with. For example, my history class of Mark, Sanchez, has been excellent in showing so. Mr. Sanchez has told us to work in groups and try to discuss on a topic such as school uniforms. He chose leaders, and every few minutes we would switch our groups around to have even more conversations, and ideas to discuss. Irvine is an excellent school and deserves the best they can achieve.

Posted March 08, 2008
Nice campis, cool teachers ,and good lunch also good p.e. program

Posted January 29, 2008
The school is pretty great nothing wrong, well if you were a student there you would know whether the place is great or worse. There are only rarely minor fights non i have seen. The education their teaching is very understandable and helpful for must of us students. The teachers are always there in heping us. But i still agree in more and better electives later on the future.

Posted September 08, 2007
This school was amazing, but that's because my friends made it amazing. The school itself is okay. It's not bad but it's not even close to the best. But the students there got along pretty well. There were a few fights, and I think a rumble but a lot of schools have issues. The discipline is pretty harsh. My high school goes easier on us. The teachers are great, but some of them cant teach well. But when you need help, they're there. Parents don't get involved as much as they can, or barely at all. But I don't think the students want their parents there anyways. For extracurricular activities, they need more. There's only two or three clubs, and no sports teams. They need better electives, too.

James Irvine Intermediate School 5

Posted April 28, 2007
This school provides different kinds of opportunities to improve leadership and other important skills needed to succeed in the future. The orchestra and the band are great, and they continue to grow larger each year. The academic programs are excellent and parent involvement is encouraged.

James Irvine Intermediate School 3

Posted October 22, 2005
the school doesnt have much estracurricular activities & the parents arent reallie involved in this school. The academic programs are poor but they are only allowed for the advanced students with a higher level of thinking.

10552 Hazard Avenue, Garden Grove, CA  92843
Last modified James Irvine Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James Irvine Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top