Posted April 07, 2014
As this has recently been brought to my attention and as a long time employee of Mitchell Elementary, I feel compelled to rebut the post left on 9/11/13. The Mitchell Elementary staff, including the Principal, Mrs. Kennedy, prides itself in providing excellent customer service to its entire community including our students. Mrs. Kennedy has great rapport with the staff, the parents and students. She is a firm but fair Principal who is always looking out for the best interest of the child. She is always available to sit down and discuss any issues at hand and ensures that she is visible within the community. Mrs. Kennedy works hard to ensure that each student is provided a safe learning environment and is continuously encouraging all students, even former students, to do their best and make good choices. It saddens me to think there is a family here who is ONLY at Mitchell because of lack of transportation to go elsewhere. There are many schools within our area and are at a walking distance, no one should ever feel like they HAVE to be somewhere that mistreats them as badly as this parent claims. Mitchell Elem is a great school with an equally great Principal.

Mitchell Elementary School 4

Posted March 25, 2010
Mitchell is a pretty good school with a lot of dedicated teachers and staff.

Posted October 01, 2008

Mitchell Elementary School 4

Posted May 19, 2008
I went to Mitchell as a child and now my to children go there as well. The teachers are great, school can use more funding but overall a great school

Posted September 14, 2006
As a current parent who is active at this school.. I have to say that all 3 of my children love it there. A great place to learn with staff that are very dedicated to help your child succeed. I would never change schools in a million years... this school gets plenty of kudos from me!

Mitchell Elementary School 1

Posted December 07, 2005

Mitchell Elementary School 1

Posted September 11, 2005
When I expressed concern about my sons progress at mitchell elementary, the teacher and the principal told me that they felt my son needed medication. They suggested that he may have add or adhd. I disagreed. I insisted that he be tested. Low and behold he was not add or adhd. He was gifted. He moved on to the gate program. Thank goodness I didn't listen to them. Beware of educators who diagnos students.

Posted May 24, 2005
- a former student
I am currently a highschool sophmore in Illinois now, but I was a student in Mitchell from 1-5 grade. I just want to say that I remember this school fondly and that of my favorite teachers to date the majority were (and maybe still are) at Mitchell Elementary School. The playground was my favorite part because it was so big and I think that little kids should have a chance to run around as much as they like. They had a fence surrounding the playground which was closed at all times except when it was pickup time. I remember that they also had teachers who supervised kids during recess. This one guy was really nice because he gave you a quarter if it was your birthday (I never got one because my birthday falls in June after school has been let out) and at the time it was such a big deal.

Mitchell Elementary School
13451 Taft Avenue, Garden Grove, CA  92843
Last modified Mitchell Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mitchell Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top