Posted September 06, 2014
When i first started at this school in two years ago, i was told by every one of my closest friends that it was a bad school and should get a transfer to Grove (which is actually closer to where i live). Out of all of my closest friends, only one of them was going to Rancho. It wasnt the best experience ever, but after a month i start liking the school. The teachers were great, most students were kind and accepting, and i was a part of the marching band. Since then, ive gotten my best friend to transfer to Ranch from GROVE and join the school's color guard. Now, im a junior with full on Vaquero pride. I seriously can not imagine being at a different school. Rancho has proven to amazing and I'm proud to say that I am a Vaquero to all of my friends who go to Grove or any other GGUSD school. I extremely reccomend Rancho if you want your student to succeed academically and learn in a healthy and supportive environment.

Posted January 06, 2014
This school has showed me how well they care about my childrens education. The students here get along with the special education students. There's so much activities in this school, i don't regret sending my children in rancho (:

Posted May 23, 2013
This school is nothing but lots of disrespectful students and staffs has trouble dealing with students who does not participate in class. All Students in classes are nothing but just talking and laughing at other students. Rancho Alamitos needs to improve. I would recommend other parents to have their children go to a different high school like Garden Grove High School or Pacifica High School

Posted May 23, 2013
Rancho Alamitos has been a very bad school to be at and I agree with that comment below. My son has experienced bullying by one of his classmates and all they do to him is call him names and laugh. If you want your children to go to a actual high school which is better is Pacifica High School or Garden Grove High School.

Posted October 14, 2012
Rancho Alamitos is a horrible school because of low test scores, teachers not educating student's that much, not many elective classes to choose, and students are rude.

Posted October 14, 2012
Rancho Alamitos has gotten a lot worse this year due to the lack of elective classes, students not being involved in education, low test scores, and teachers not educating students that much.

Posted February 05, 2012
I love Rancho! When I currently entered the 9th grade I was told Rancho was a bad school, that I should transfer to Pacifica or Grove. I'm telling you everyone was wrong. Rancho is a great school. I have learned a lot in my classes. The administration truly cares for their student's education. I have enjoyed participating in the music programs and in a number of clubs and sports on campus. There is a lot of school pride in every teacher, staff and especially the students. I will miss Rancho when I graduate and will always be proud to be a Vaquero.

Rancho Alamitos High School 4

Posted December 01, 2011
THIS SCHOOL IS A GOOD SCHOOL AND THE SCHOOL PRIDE IS AMAZING!! I ATTEND TO THIS SCHOOL RIGHT NOW AND ITS MY FIST YEAR. I WAS SURPRISED AT THE PRIDE THE STUDENTS SHOWED! VERY GOOD SCHOOL AND PROMISING TEACHERS.

Posted October 06, 2011
Great school, teachers care about you and are ALWAYS offering retakes to a test and help after or before school. Teachers always help you in class and are always trying to find great ideas to make the class fun and interesting. Do NOT try to transfer schools just because people say its a bad school because of test scores. Its a AWESOME school to be at so don't get fooled by what people say because test scores don't say everything.

Rancho Alamitos High School 3

Posted August 12, 2011
Rancho when I was there it was fine. just when you sign up for sports watch out the coaches will pick favorites. When your not that favorite it seems that you can do nothing right. But overall my time there was fine. Liked a lot of my teachers. When I was there were some strict rules but as I said the school is OK.

Rancho Alamitos High School
11351 Dale Street, Garden Grove, CA  92841
Last modified Rancho Alamitos High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Rancho Alamitos High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top