Bad
Good

Posted October 18, 2012
I have a sixth grader who has been attending Sunnyside since he was in first grade, a fourth grader, and now a kindergartner. All of our teachers have been very great. I have moved out of the district, but my children still attend Sunnyside. I would say to those who reviewed the school poorly that maybe the school is not the problem. It looks to me, judging by your comment, that you might not have any experience with school at all. My fourth grader would mark that statement up and down with red ink! Maybe you should try using correct grammar and sentence structure when complaining about a school!

Posted October 18, 2012
Lydia is great. She just doesn't care for whining by students OR their parents, which is why you probably don't like her. My suggestion is to stop whining. You're awesome, too Ms. Dolly!

Sunnyside Elementary School 4

Posted September 06, 2012
My son has been going to this school since 4th grade, now entering 6th.My son truly likes going to this school. The teachers are great as well as the principal. There is only one draw back (BAD APPLE) at this school. This would be Lydia that works in the office. She really has a bad attitude and is rude to the parents. She really shows she doesn't want to be there. The principal really needs to evaluate Lydia's presents at the school.

Sunnyside Elementary School 1

Posted August 27, 2012
the teacher is not friendly , the pricipal is not ok, the school is stink not too friendly to all the parents

Posted October 30, 2010
i love this school for my kids the teachers really care about the kids same goes for the principal you get a great feeling from here that she really cares about the kids. this is our second year at the school with a kinder and 2nd grader we love it its a great school all around. THE CLEMMONS FAMILY

Sunnyside Elementary School

Posted April 01, 2010
The foods serving in this school are horrific, even the fulltime birds on this campus didn't eat them. I am appalled that many faculty staff knew about this and no one takes actions, not voicing your opinion is as guilty as the wrong doers. The cook and the principal need to be accountable. Change the menu! Change the cooking staff! Do something! From my observation, the majority of the children drank their milk; 60%-70% of all the foods served to the kids went to the trash.

Posted September 04, 2006
my child has been at this school since kindergarten (he is now entering 5th grade).The teachers are great, the staff is great, and you'll always see Dolly's smiling face greet you as you enter the office. They lost a great principal and some good teachers a year ago, but the new replacements do a good job considering they have big shoes to fill.I would like to see more involvment in the PTA they could use it- Not speaking english as a first language is a bonus! Not a disadvantage! Great neighborhood!

Posted September 07, 2005
This is a great school that I have went to. It is divided into 2 parts. One is for 1st,2nd, and 3rd graders, the second is for the 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. The only thing bad I would have to say that the cafeteria food is bad.

Posted November 01, 2004
My son attended Sunnyside Elementary i from kindergarten through sixth grade, and absolutely loved it! Was very involved in school activities. Teachers are marvelous, most have been there quite a while. My son almost made it to the State Spelling Bee championship, and just loves to read! I credit the teachers there.Teachers are very interested in their students. Sunnyside also has great programs for those having trouble in certain areas. Sports encouraged! The staff are all very nice too & the PTA at that school is Great! They welcome all parents to get involved. They are always there for 'Back to school night' Band & Chorus concerts, Talent shows, bake sales, spelling bees, red ribbon week (Drug awareness.)Classroom settings are a safe & welcoming place for a kid to learn. My child had many friends there,friendly,smart kids! He enjoyed seven years at Sunnyside,learning & growing! As did I, watching him. A+

Posted April 08, 2004
My son, my niece, and my nephews have all attended sunnyside elementary. I have found it to be a wonderful school and have enjoyed many of the activities that they offer students. I think this is a great school.

Sunnyside Elementary School
9972 East Russell Avenue, Garden Grove, CA  92844-2431
Last modified Sunnyside Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.