Garden Grove, CA

Posted October 26, 2014
My daughter's first year at Walton & new to the Garden Grove District. At first we both were real nervous and she was a bit scared. But once we spoke with the staff in the office at Walton, we felt much better. I had tried other schools before school started and I can definitely speak from experience that Walton has the BEST OFFICE STAFF AND MOST VALUABLE & KNOWLEDGEABLE TEACHERS IN THE GARDEN GROVE DISTRICT!! Thank you.

Posted March 03, 2014
I have had the pleasure of working with the wonderful staff and special needs students here as a therapist. I strongly commend every member of this school staff for their professionalism and caring for their students. It has been a pleasure working with all of you.

Posted October 17, 2011
I am a walton student ihave to say that this is a wonderful school and the have exellent teachers.

Izaak Walton Intermediate School 4

Posted December 17, 2007
I am pleased with this school. I appreciate the automated phone calls giving me updated about test days and big projects. The staff there seem to truly enjoy children and their career.

Posted September 04, 2007
I love Izaak Walton intermediate school! I personally went there and so did some of my friends. We love the teachers and the school, they provide hope and courage to us kids, and encourage us to do well in the future. They also provide after school sports, an after school program, and dances. All of the teachers there are so nice and I hope my kids will be able to go there in the future. They help you with your problems and also help you to succeed with your goal and to also follow your dreams in becoming who you want to be. Walton also makes reading fun, when I was in elementary school I hated to read but when I went there I loved to read. You will hopefully soon realize what a great school Izaak Walton intermediate really is. Go Wildcats! Remember to always follow your dreams.

Izaak Walton Intermediate School

Posted August 09, 2007
My son graduated from this school this past June. He started the school year very disapointed, but the new principal has made many positive changes to improve the school overall. The counselor and teachers are very supportive and helpful to the students who want to do well. I would say that thanks to the leadership and positive encouragement of Mrs. McAmis (the new principal) this is finally a great school.

Posted February 05, 2007
This school is great! The teachers are helpful and very supportive. The principal is great and loves to communicate with parents. The principal lets the parents know about their child and helps the child. The administration is also helpful. Walton has a Friday detention program and has after school intervention for students who knew help in any subject. They have a wide variety of elective classes. Their music and drama classes are extraordinary! They have a lot of books as collection in their library. The PE classes are fun and help your child stay fit for life! Also, there are meetings with parents all the time. This is a perfect school for your child. I will recommend this school for all students!

Izaak Walton Intermediate School 3

Posted September 06, 2005
Overall this school was ok. I had a hard time getting the teachers to let me know when my son was not doing his homework. He was on what they called a 'Friday Report' where he was go get each teachers' comment for the week. But they're comments were very vague and not much help.

Izaak Walton Intermediate School 3

Posted August 08, 2005
Good school, principal is on top of things there.

Posted April 21, 2005
I think this school is a very good school for kids to go to. Izaak Walton Intermediate school has a great quality of teachers, their principle, their counsler, Everybody that tries to help the kids is really doing a very excellent job. Those kids are learning alot from all of their teachers. I used to go to that school long time ago. When I was there, I didn't used to learn anything, cause I kepted on talking in class. But then a teacher in my 6th period class helped me on alot of things. Especially my math work. Now I'm doing very well on my math scores and everything else. So I really am thankful for that. So I think this school is a really good school for kids to come and learn about new things. When they go to High School, They will already know some of the stuff.

Izaak Walton Intermediate School
12181 Buaro Street, Garden Grove, CA  92840
Last modified Izaak Walton Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Izaak Walton Intermediate School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top