Bad
Good

A lot of bad reviews but I have to say that is not only about the school is all about parents been involved. My daughter has been here for the last two years and had the best teachers Mrs Dao on first grade and Mrs Nguyen second year. My daughter improove her reading a lot, they have Reading Counts to motivate kids to read but like I said is about teacher and PARENTS team.

My son started Kindergarten here. Classes are too full. Lunches are horrible. Events are extremely poorly poorly planned. The school seems only concerned with money and not the students. I can't say we've had one positive experience here and I do not plan on returning him to this school next year. Parent involvement is low and I believe it is because they do treat us like outsiders. We're not even allowed to come and have lunch with them. Sign in is a joke in the office as well. Anyone can sign in and for any reason. I do not feel like it is the safest school.

I am a former student of Lampson Elementary School and am currently enrolling in Portola Middle School. After reading the reviews of the parents and students, and listening to my little brother's comments about the school, I can gather that there are very few teachers who are actually dedicated to teaching the students, low parent involvment, and there is a principal who rarely helps out the faculty members. I just want to say that this school has fallen way behind the other schools. I once tested my brother (who is in advanced English and Math) to see how behind they are by giving him a test with questions that an average 5th grader could answer. However, he failed it miserably. And after looking at the test scores and stats of the school, I feel that this school should either begin to catch up on the education level or the principal should just resign from this school because she is not doing a very good job running it.

My son recently transfered to this school and I believe lampson is completly behind most other elementary schcools. My son is in first grade and came from a school that was way more advanced than lampson. I feel that his school work went from hard to way below his grade level. It is as if I took him out of 1st. grade and put him in the beginning of kindergarten. My child will not be returning next year.....

This school is has had a few bad raps in the past, but with the new principal , vice- principal and dedicated teachers this school will reach it's goal. Yes parent involvement is very important for the children at Lampson... so you are welcome as a Lampson parent to join 'volunteer' the Lampson Leopard, for a better tomorrow!

Last modified Lampson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.