Bad
Good

Posted March 22, 2013
My son started Kindergarten here. Classes are too full. Lunches are horrible. Events are extremely poorly poorly planned. The school seems only concerned with money and not the students. I can't say we've had one positive experience here and I do not plan on returning him to this school next year. Parent involvement is low and I believe it is because they do treat us like outsiders. We're not even allowed to come and have lunch with them. Sign in is a joke in the office as well. Anyone can sign in and for any reason. I do not feel like it is the safest school.

Posted January 10, 2011
I am a former student of Lampson Elementary School and am currently enrolling in Portola Middle School. After reading the reviews of the parents and students, and listening to my little brother's comments about the school, I can gather that there are very few teachers who are actually dedicated to teaching the students, low parent involvment, and there is a principal who rarely helps out the faculty members. I just want to say that this school has fallen way behind the other schools. I once tested my brother (who is in advanced English and Math) to see how behind they are by giving him a test with questions that an average 5th grader could answer. However, he failed it miserably. And after looking at the test scores and stats of the school, I feel that this school should either begin to catch up on the education level or the principal should just resign from this school because she is not doing a very good job running it.

Lampson Elementary School

Posted April 29, 2009
My son recently transfered to this school and I believe lampson is completly behind most other elementary schcools. My son is in first grade and came from a school that was way more advanced than lampson. I feel that his school work went from hard to way below his grade level. It is as if I took him out of 1st. grade and put him in the beginning of kindergarten. My child will not be returning next year.....

Lampson Elementary School 5

Posted November 18, 2008
This school is has had a few bad raps in the past, but with the new principal , vice- principal and dedicated teachers this school will reach it's goal. Yes parent involvement is very important for the children at Lampson... so you are welcome as a Lampson parent to join 'volunteer' the Lampson Leopard, for a better tomorrow!

Lampson Elementary School 2

Posted January 10, 2006
There are almost 1000 students at this elementary school. Parent involvement on a school wide basis is dismal. School functions are few and far between and even then they are poorly planned. The new single track calendar has aided in leveling the academic structure of the classrooms. I have been fortunate to have outstanding teachers which is the only reason I don't enroll him in private school. If I got in on open enrollment at any of the several schools I apply at each year I would leave in a heartbeat!

Lampson Elementary School 2

Posted January 03, 2006
very bad acadmic program, poor safety and no parent involvment in the classroom If you have another choice, do not send your child to this school

Lampson Elementary School 3

Posted August 19, 2005
Lampson has a new system in place, where the children have a home room, and are sent out for language arts to another classroom for instruction. All other subjects are studied in the home room. Some teachers will not see their own home room students all day....Who thought up the classroom makeup? Why would you break students up into different classrooms and then send them off to other teachers for instruction? As a parent, this makes no sense to me. This school came from a year round multi track schedule to a single track year round schedule. This school has 950 students on campus at one time, when before they only had 700 students on campus (which is very excessive as well). How are our students supposed to get the most out of an overcrowded school? How are they supposed to score well on tests?

Posted July 08, 2005

Lampson Elementary School 3

Posted April 07, 2004
Teachers and staff are wonderful. Parent involvement is very low. School lunches are awful. No inside lunchroom.

Lampson Elementary School 5

Posted September 10, 2003
I am very satisfied with the effort the teachers and staff invest in the student. The efforts on the teachers and staff is an A+. Thank you.

Lampson Elementary School
13321 Lampson Avenue, Garden Grove, CA  92840-6141
Last modified Lampson Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.