K-6|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Page Private-Garden Grove School 1

Posted January 09, 2016
If you are looking for a school that will give your children the best education Page Private School is the wrong school. I agree with the negative reviews published on this site.This school’s administration is mismanagement and has poor educational curriculum. I pay full tuition plus book fees,but my children are using text books that are 8-year-old and they can’t even find witting paper to write on,where did my $$$ go? This school has very low head count per class. I was under the impression this would give my children more attention from their teachers, this was not the case. I ran into issues where the children’s classmates need more of the teacher’s time for behavior issues and low academic performance. Like the reviews before me I have encounter bullying issues at this school. I reported the bully to the staff and director but no action was taken. After speaking to the Director, my child still continued to be bullied by the same boy. As you can see from previous reviews dated back to 2010, there are 4 bullying incidents (including mine) and the school did not take any action to fix. Once I told the school my children were not returning next year, my children were treated as if they have been check out of the school before the school year had ended. I later discovered that some of the favored students who have been misbehaving and bullying others were not reported and the bullying incidents on school grounds were not being recorded. This school cannot manage the high cost of a good education with their low head count and it will never get to a comparative level with other schools if they keep giving steep discounts to their favorite families and friends. If you want a good school, either look for a private school that has a good solid curriculum or look for a public school in a good district. District transfers are possible. The public schools have more funding to give your children a better education and you can review the school’s report card. The State keeps public schools in check where as private schools do not answer to anyone. I write this review after experiencing what a good public school can provide for my children. I saw more growth and balance in my children’s education with their current public school than I have seen in the multiple years they have spent at this private school. I wish I had pull my children out of this school sooner.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted January 09, 2016
I rate somewhat effective because the basics are covered but at times slow for the grade level. The teachers teach base on the speed of the children, if you have a slow class your child will move at the same pace as the others.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted January 09, 2016
I would say somewhere between Just Right and Too Much. My children take about 2.5-3 hours to complete their homework 4 hours if they have tests to study for. What I have issues with is that the amount of home work on some days are too much for the teachers. I find that the teachers are not checking the homework for accuracy but just checked off as being completed.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted January 09, 2016
My son was being bullied by another boy at this school and when the situation was brought to the Director's attention no action was taken by the school. This same boy continue to bully my son. The school's actions showed no interest in teaching the children any compassion, caring or empathy, what the school was teaching was it is acceptable to bully and abuse other students.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 09, 2016
No I don't feel this school develops honesty, integrity, and fairness in its students. Children follow by example before they follow words. My children have come home with stories of so and so stole, so and so used profanity, so and so drew nasty pictures on another child's notebook, but no reprimand was given to these children. I even had one parent comment to me that her child vandalized the inside of a school desk and got away with it. This school doesn't know what honesty, integrity and fairness mean the school covers up issues and don't treat students fairly themselves.

Page Private-Garden Grove School 5

Posted May 21, 2015
Both my daughters attend Page and they both love it. They have learned so much while attending and as a mother I couldn't be happier with the education they provide. The teachers are amazing and friendly; all the staff is very approachable and accessible. I would recommend it to any parent.

Page Private-Garden Grove School 1

Posted September 10, 2014
In our attempt to find a school comparable to the Kindergarten my grandson was attending out of state, we thought we found one with his best interests at the forefront. We could not have chosen more poorly than we did when we chose Page Private School. Everything we were promised did not happen. We were lied to from the start. If your child does not fit into their mold, of what they want, DO NOT LEAVE THEM THERE!!!!! My grandson is going through an emotional time, his mother was having a baby, they had just moved from out of state, and his father had just been deployed overseas for a year. When we met with the staff at the school, we were assured they understood he was having a rough time, but they had his best interest at heart. We were told the school was all about meeting the educational and emotional needs of the child and promoting stability and a well-rounded learning environment stressing education. she felt he wasn t benefitting from being where he was emotionally and educationally, their answer was, it is your choice, but also our choice. Our choice is to leave him where his, your choice is to either leave him where he is or find another school.

Page Private-Garden Grove School 4

Posted July 27, 2013
We have just had to take my son out of Page due to financial reasons beyond our control, and it was a hard decision to make. My son has been there for approx. 4 years and he has received nothing but the best education for a private school. His class size was small (I wish it was a bit bigger for social reasons) but the amount of attention and extra help he was able to get was great! If our financial situation was to change, I would bring him back.

Page Private-Garden Grove School 5

Posted July 26, 2013
My son have been in this school since he was two year old, they learn a lot from teacher, the teacher like the parent of each student, the staff is very polite.... My family love page , I wish they teach up to high school so my son can stay more longer , the tuition is reasonable compare to other private school and academic is excellent .

Page Private-Garden Grove School 2

Posted June 03, 2013
My kids have been at this school for a long time and just this school year have we been having trouble with the director and the teachers with miscommunication and not written up reports when you child get hurt by another students. They do not do anything to stop the bullying and do not follow their own rules and policy that they have set for themselves, but yet they ask us parents and kids to. They are always asking questions about your personal life. Do not get me wrong the academics is very good but the school can improve by getting all new staff. There is Ms. Garcia; Ms. Bussu and Ms. Julia and Ms. Woods that are very caring and loving children they are not there for the paycheck but for the children and I thank you for that. There is so many bad things that I can say about the school, but according to the director I would be breaking the schools confidentiality. I CALL IT THE SCHOOLS COVERING UP POLICY!!!!

12111 Buaro Street, Garden Grove, CA  92840
Last modified Page Private-Garden Grove School is a Private school that serves grades K-6