No rating

St. Paul's Lutheran School

Private | K-8 | 117 students

"Our School is best known for it's Christ-centered family atmosphere."

Living in Garden Grove

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $310,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,600.

Posted October 23, 2013

St. Paul's Lutheran School in Garden Grove is so great for many reasons. My favorite thing about St. Paul's is the staff. There is a great family feel and I am confident when I drop my student off in the morning, that I am leaving her with people that love and care about her. Another great thing about St. Paul's is that they offer much smaller class sizes than public schools. My child gets a lot of individual attention which enables her to excel at academics. While St. Paul's might not have the biggest campus, I feel like they do a good job of using the space they have to the fullest. Additionally, they have some fabulous extracurricular activities. They give the children an opportunity to try sports, music, dance and drama. St. Paul's Lutheran in Garden Grove is a great little school that offers huge benefits!

Posted October 21, 2013

Invested in their kids. The school and the teachers really care about the overall development of each child. They make special arrangements to keep each child challenged.

Posted October 18, 2013

Great school! Teachers care about students and their achievement. I feel safe dropping my child off here, knowing they are getting a great education and are being cared for and loved.

Posted October 17, 2013

This school is a top notch learning environmnet. The teaching staff is not only high quality educators but truly care for each and every one of their students.

Posted October 17, 2013

My older son graduated from this school and now his brother is in 2nd grade. This school has a wonderful church program for the kids. I am pleased with the school curriculum, i.e. class participation and discipline. By volunteering in the school activities, I learned that teachers shared their knowlege through their personnal research for their class lessons.

Posted October 17, 2013

Our school is fabulous. My son has attended this school for 8 years. He has been taught good manners, a strong faith in God, and excellent academics. The teachers take a special interest in him and in his progress. He has learned a lot through the music program as well.

Posted October 17, 2013

I sent my oldest son to this school since he was 3 1/2 until 5th grade. The teachers and the staffs are really nice and very helpful when we have any questions or concerns. My son was on top of the class since K until he finished his 5th grade. St. Paul is not only teaching him the knowledge but also discipline the behavior in students. He is now enrolling in Public school but he still maintains his high GPA. There isn't any barriers for a student from private school entering into public school. I believe St. Paul Lutheran School has helped building good foundation in him. The reasons we have to sent he to public school is due to our family financial. However, the tuition price is very affordable and it is still consider cheapest comparing to other private schools around that areas. We're now sending our little daughter to St. Paul and hoping that we can still afford and support her until she finishes it. I suggest other parents who do not have any problem with financial but want their children to obtain good knowledge and good discipline, do not hesitate by sending their children to St. Paul Lutheran School. If we have another child, St. Paul is still our number one choice.

Posted October 17, 2013

I have seen first hand how the teachers interact with the students. It is beautiful to see teachers that really care and it is not just a paycheck for them. I love that my children come home everyday and tell me what they learned; they share with us about God and how they love him. We are blessed to find a great school. Thank you St. Paul's Lutheran School

Posted September 13, 2011

My older son is 12 years old and has been attending St. Paul's since he was in preschool at age 4. He started 7th grade this year. The school was rebuilt just over 10 years ago and it is absolutely beautiful. I have my child in this school for his christian education first but it comes with so many other benefits. Teachers that make themselves available to you at all times. Staff that is caring and loving from office to daycare. After school sport programs in 5th grade. They offer band and choir programs. Lockers for 4-8th graders. Middle school starts in 6th grade and the students rotate between 3 teachers so they will have a feel of the high school atmosphere. They offer "preparing for a degree" a program focused on challenging your child and improving their study skills. My younger son just turned 3 and started a 3 half days p/week program in their preschool. He is struggling with potty training but they did not turn him away. He enjoys school so much he asks me why he doesn't get to go every day. The staff is new I believe their second year with the school but they have been very loving to him and he feels very comfortable there.

Posted December 5, 2010

Wonderful school! The teachers and staff really love and care for the children here. I always feel welcome when I come to the school. I know my child is safe when I drop her off in the morning. Great after school program as well.

Posted November 10, 2010

Christina, can you give me the school u @. the address & tel. I was thinking to change the school for my Vina. Now, @ St Paul, PreK, they do not teach my child and others kids at all, just like day care. Not even ABC...Wow, the new staffs are horrible. I am really disappointed w/ Mrs.Olga.

Posted February 5, 2010

I took my son out of our public school because his ADD, combined with a teacher already overwhelmed by 36 kids in her class, was lowering his self-esteem. After two weeks in Mrs. Pinkerton's 5th grade class, my son has self-confidence about completing his work! She is willing and able to give him the extra attention he needed and we are so grateful!

Posted January 24, 2010

St.Paul's is a fantastic school! I have attended the school since pre-k, and I have attended the church since I was born.The staff is a close group of friends who work together to teach excellent lessons. The middle schoolers are very involved in helping little kids learn. This school is an excellent school with amazing teachers, and very good classes.
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 20, 2009

St. Paul's is a wonderful school! I teach in a public school and wouldn't think of sending my children anywhere else. My children are excited to go to school, excited to learn, and are truely prepared not only for their high school education, but beyond. St. Paul's caring staff and atmosphere feel like an extended family who are there to guide and nuture our children. Thank you St. Paul's of Garden Grove!

Posted September 4, 2008

St. pauls' was a true blessing to my family. My children came from public school and made the transition very well to private school. We were all made to feel welcome and part of their family. They moved on to high school and were very prepared to take on a high academic high school. The warm family atmosphere was a plus for our family. We feel blessed to be a part of St. Paul's

Posted December 26, 2007

This school is very clean, safe, and everyone in the staff is very nice. But the academic are so low, preschool class was pretty much like day care not so much of learning. I love the school and the staff too but I want my children to be up with standard of academic.

Posted March 13, 2007

My child attended local public schools for many years and was becoming bored, which led to trouble-making. After just a few months at St. Paul's, he has made a great group of new friends and turned his academic failures into successes. He was challenged mentally and spiritually. St. Paul's has worked wonders in my child's life and I can't thank the staff enough.

Posted January 26, 2007

This school is very clean, safe, and everyone in the staff is very nice. But I don't think they challenge the students at all. They do a lot of worksheets and art that don't reflect how the students are learning. I love the school and the staff but I need more than that. I want my children to be challenged.

Awards

Community service awards received in the past 3 years
  • World Vision 30 hr. Famine (2010)
  • World Vision 30 hr. Famine (2011)
  • World Vision 30 hr. Famine (2012)

Special education / special needs

Level of special education programming offered

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

School start time
  • 8:30 am
School end time
  • 3:00 pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • Before school: starts at 7:00 a.m.
  • After school: ends at 6:00 p.m.
  • Mrs. Julie Simon
Best ways for parents to contact the school
  • Phone
Age at which early childhood or Pre-K program begins
  • 2 years old
  • Coed
Boarding options
  • Day school
Is there an application process?
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Fax number
  • (714) 741-8353

Instructional and/or curriculum models used

• Direct instruction
  • Individually guided instruction
  • Standards-based
Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Mathematics
  • Religious
Bi-lingual or language immersion programs offered

Level of special education programming offered

• Creative writing
  • Dance
Media arts

Student clubs

Clubs (distinct from courses)
  • Girl scouts
  • Wed. Night Youth group
  • Yearbook

Photos

School culture

Dress Code
  • Uniforms
Bullying policy
  • This school has a bullying and/or cyber bullying policy in place.
  • Attend parent nights
  • Chaperone school trips
  • Coach sports teams or extracurricular activities
  • Join PTO/PTA
  • Organize fundraising events (school auction, bake sales, etc.)
  • Serve on school improvement team or governance council
  • Volunteer in the classroom
  • Volunteer time after school

This school accepts applications on a

rolling basis

Apply now

What are your chances?

10 out of 10students were accepted for the 2012-2013 school year.

Students accepted for the 2012-2013 school year

Financial aid offered
School-based aid
Outside scholarships

Planning ahead

Students typically attend these schools after graduating
Orange Lutheran High School