Garden Grove, CA

Shepherd's Grove Schools 4

Posted July 31, 2014
Last year was the first year for Shepherd's Grove after moving from Crystal Cathedral and, while the campus has gotten smaller, the academics and enthusiasm from the teachers has gotten better! SG is a small school but it encourages big things. There is an energy that is palpable that focuses on learning and kindness. The students are kind, the teachers are approachable and honestly have your child's best interests at heart. There is a science club after school and many different areas of the arts. The middle and high schoolers use iPads for their assignments and there is a focus on technology. If you want a school where your child is known by the teachers and cared about, all while achieving a quality education, I recommend Shepherd's Grove.

Posted February 01, 2011
The school is very well organized and the environment is safe and secure. However, I think the education of this school is just OK, I moved my son from Irvine where they were excelling (even it s a public school!). Don't send your child here if they need extra help; the teachers don't seem fully trained in this field and they are not patient with your child. They made you felt bad when they talked about your child and try to kick your child out of their class, which is a shame! (I believe no matter what, your child is still a gift from God!)

Shepherd's Grove Schools 4

Posted January 30, 2011
My daughter is in the elementary school and has been there since Kindergarten. I think the education of this school is phenomenal. Students perform at a grade level above their own. I don't feel my child was rushed through the basics either. We did homework and consistently worked on the same things she was learning in school (which was easy as the teacher posts it all on-line). An education needs to be reinforced at home or the child will fall behind. I highly recommend Crystal Cathedral for most parents. I'm not a room Mom, am not a part of any clique and neither is my daughter. Maybe the problems stated in previous posts just occur in the Junior/High school level, I'm not sure. I'm just saying that I haven't dealt with anything like that. CONS: (yes, there are some) Don't send your child here if they have special needs (i.e. need Special Education services), the teachers don't seem fully trained in this field, which is a shame. Also the sports teams need a lot of help. Don't send your child here if you are pushing them towards becoming an athlete. They should have more extra-curricular activities (foreign languages, sports, etc) for the younger kids. Bring back Spanish club!

Posted August 25, 2009
Students strugle as school forces students to learn above their grade level. This results in an eventual weakening of the students basic knowledge as they were rushed through the basics

Shepherd's Grove Schools 2

Posted April 04, 2009
schools okay. needs more sports..get bigger like other public high schools because its way to small. and even though its a private school, my other private school was even bigger than this. each class has like an average 20 to 30 people. thats small. why cant private schools like this be more like public schools? offer more sports, programs, more kids, etc. and if your religious than you should have the choice to take a religious class. in my opinion, there should not be a separation between public and private school. they should somehow combine them if you get me? if that happened..i think there would be more people attending. i just dont like the small environment and it should be more like a public school with the option of taking a religious or bible class, not having to. your choice.

Posted January 27, 2009
This school does not meet the standards of each grade level. It also doesn't have any other extracurricular activities besides the arts. Next, my seventh-grader can't get into Algebra 1 when she is very much capable of doing so. Finally, there are a lot of cliques there and my daughter always feels left out. I'm taking her out at the end of this week.

Posted November 07, 2008
I went to this school for about a good portion of my life, grades 3-8. In contrast to all these positive comments, I have to say it's atrociously below standards. When I went to high school, one that is way more advanced than the standards CCA had set for us, I literally had so little knowledge, I barely passed my first semester with a 3.0. It was a slap on the wrist, I'd always been a straight-A student. The grades are generously given, motivation is low, and they hardly prepare us for the future ahead. Yes, we can recite a Bible verse and preach our hearts out, but we need a strong academic backbone. The prestigous vibe it sets off is all a facade. It's a...decent art school? I give it that. Or else I'd be a little too spiteful. Alot of the Biblical content taught here wore off, as reality slapped me in the face. I'm Agnostic.

Shepherd's Grove Schools 5

Posted October 08, 2008
My child started Kinder this year. To date I could not be any more pleased with the academic schedule and positive energetic atmosphere. I am most impressed with the specialized classes offered for EACH grade level... Science / Music / Drama / Art and my child is excited to partake in all activities in this rich environment. Security is foremost and bible studies are incorporated into the daily lesson plan. This school is awesome and I wish every child had the opportunity to experience such a rich & loving school education. I have no doubt that each Teachers goal is to help pave the way for a succesful and respectful to God loving life. Consider touring the School and see for yourself the wonderful / positive / polite students learning everywhere!

Shepherd's Grove Schools 2

Posted April 20, 2008
I pulled my kids out of this school the academic level of teaching was appalling, my kids did not learn math but could recite biblical verse instead religion is important but math, science, language skills is what will get them through life I have sinced moved them to Irvine where they are exceling.

Shepherd's Grove Schools 5

Posted December 18, 2006
This is such a great school. I have been going to the crystal cathedral academy since pre-school and now I am in 7th grade! I think this school is a safe place to learn with all the seceruty. All the teachers are well educated,even the substitute teachers! If you parents out there are looking for a school for your son or daughter to go to I recommend you choose this one. The tuition isn't so bad. When we are here,we are family. =)

Shepherd's Grove Schools
12901 South Lewis Street, Garden Grove, CA  92840
Last modified Shepherd's Grove Schools is a Private school that serves grades K-12
Shepherd's Grove Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top