K-5|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Academics are good,. They use the Abeka program. However, the administration could be better. The problems usually start at the head. In my opinion, the school could be in a better position, authoritively, if the administration were more involved. My child is not just a student here but in other extracurricular programs and the classroom setting for children at our church. However, my child is classified as a distraction here only. Instead of disciplining my child for talking or playing only , on the day that it occurs, my child has been punished daily. This has begin to put in my child's mind that the discipline being given is normal. And my child has began to accept this as how she be. When it's brought to their attention, the director is helpful but her director is another story. The administration has a great way of pacifying parents when problems are addressed. He listens but just to let you rant. I don't know that he really cares to help. Other than that, for now, it's an ok school.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

I'm not a huge fan of the top leadership personnel.

Amount of homework: Agree

They use time at the end of the day to complete and assist students with homework.

This is a great school! The staff is very friendly and the teachers are always available to talk to. All of my kids attend this school and its the best money I have ever spent, well worth the money. The only problem with this school is finding a continuation school at that academic level to follow. They truly put my kids ahead the game academically.

This is a great school for those you are interested in providing a great academic foundation at an early age. Before Gardena Christian, I enrolled my son into school at age 2, and I was not happy at all so after 6 months I pulled him out. After learning about Gardena Christian Academy I decided to check it out. The staff is extremely friendly and provided me with tons of information, especially with me being a first time mom. I learned that the previous school was considered a developmental school which focuses on arts and crafts and Gardena Christian was more focused on academics which is what I wanted for my son. Using the A Beka curriculum they receive homework every week, the classrooms are very inviting and the teachers are always available to answer any questions. The daily schedule is posted outside the classrooms and they also provide hot and healthy breakfast and lunches. The school is very safe and secure and I love the way they mix religion into their program that makes it fun for the kids. If you are looking for a small academic based school where your child can be challenged and encouraged while making new friends this is the school for you.

I absolutely love this school! My son has been going to this school half of his pre-k and is now in the kindergarten program. I really appreciate the love that the entier staff has for my son from the cook to the after-school teacher and especially the pastor. They all seem to be able to cater to my sons behavior. He's not to unruly but everyone has the paitence he needs. Thank you all very much

Last modified Gardena Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-5