Gardena Christian Academy 5

Posted August 18, 2012
This is a great school for those you are interested in providing a great academic foundation at an early age. Before Gardena Christian, I enrolled my son into school at age 2, and I was not happy at all so after 6 months I pulled him out. After learning about Gardena Christian Academy I decided to check it out. The staff is extremely friendly and provided me with tons of information, especially with me being a first time mom. I learned that the previous school was considered a developmental school which focuses on arts and crafts and Gardena Christian was more focused on academics which is what I wanted for my son. Using the A Beka curriculum they receive homework every week, the classrooms are very inviting and the teachers are always available to answer any questions. The daily schedule is posted outside the classrooms and they also provide hot and healthy breakfast and lunches. The school is very safe and secure and I love the way they mix religion into their program that makes it fun for the kids. If you are looking for a small academic based school where your child can be challenged and encouraged while making new friends this is the school for you.

Gardena Christian Academy 4

Posted October 11, 2009
I absolutely love this school! My son has been going to this school half of his pre-k and is now in the kindergarten program. I really appreciate the love that the entier staff has for my son from the cook to the after-school teacher and especially the pastor. They all seem to be able to cater to my sons behavior. He's not to unruly but everyone has the paitence he needs. Thank you all very much

Posted June 24, 2006
My daughter is going into the 3rd grade and has been here since she was 3 years old. She is excelling in all her academics. Her teachers were great and were always available for the parents. She looks forward to going until she finishes 5th grade. Yes, the extracurricular activities are not here so she's enrolled outside for those. I highly recommend this school if your main focus is academics.

Posted February 27, 2006
The academic program is advanced however, the curriculum gets boring for those children that are really bright. Students receive a lot of homework. Staff needs to find alternative ways to motivate those students that don't fit into the 'traditional' classroom setting. The school puts more emphasis on reading/writing skills than math/science. The extracurricular activites are almost non-existent. The discipline policy is to basically suspend the student repeatedly instead of working with the parent/family to figure out whats going on to try to solve the cause of the problem/misbehavior. Overall its an ok school if your child fits into their program.

Gardena Christian Academy 5

Posted October 27, 2005

Posted February 28, 2005

Posted December 13, 2004

Gardena Christian Academy 2

Posted May 31, 2004
My child attended this school for 6 months in preschool. The school staff lacked professionalism and was not personable as well as catered to the more outgoing kids. Bible principles were taught, but not enforced by the staff. The school also doesn't provide a well round curriculum. They don't believe in arts and crafts or creative writing. So if you want just boring academics this is the school, but if you want a well balanced school look else where.

Gardena Christian Academy 4

Posted May 12, 2004
If your child needs one on one teaching this is the school. My child never wants to miss a day of class. Bible values are very important. The class work is Christian base. Homework takes about 90 minutes each night my child never watches TV on school night I like that! They have book reports, state projects and class trips. My child has learned great study habits

Gardena Christian Academy 2

Posted May 11, 2004
GCA has the potential to be a great school but some teachers lack enthusiam and it reflects on the kids in the classroom. The principal has no involvement in the school at all. I was impressed by the school on 'paper' but the day to day activites just dont back up all the school claims to be. Classrooms are very structured with no room for creativity everything is 'by the book' -open the book do the work. I would like to see the children encouraged to think out of the box and learn to make informed decisions not just open to page 1 complete work now go to page 2! The children dont have many field trips or activities outside of the school books!

Gardena Christian Academy
16311 South Western Avenue, Gardena, CA  90247
Last modified Gardena Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades K-5
Gardena Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.