Bad
Good

The principal is ok but does not interact enough with the students or parents, the school is filthy food and trash all over the place and the bathrooms are very dirty my son reported to me several times that their was feces and pee all over the floor..Also the front secretaries especially the lady that sits in the corner next to the principal's office is very rude and have horrible attitudes and when you ask them a question they act like its bothering them..think again before you send your kid to this school....

I am a proud parent of a 9 year old boy currently attending Amestoy. I am pleased with the staff and teachers, their education and effort truly reflects on my son s enthusiasm to want to learn more every day. Kudos to 2nd Grade teacher Mr. Struthers for being a great role model and making learning fun!!!

I am a former student of Amestoy Elementary school. I recently went on line on a whim to see how my old school was doing and was so proud to see that it is still considered one of the best schools in the area. I loved my years there and when I say I am a former student, I really mean it. I was there from 1956 to 1962 back when the school went through the 6th grade. Mrs. Alice Pitcher was our principal.

I am one of the parents. Mr. Ryan, Principal of Amestoy has been always work hard for the children's education. And, all school staff are very nice and friendly. I am so glad to send my kids to Amestoy Elementary School.

The staff and the teachers make a wonderful learning community.

I am happy to have my 2 boy attend amestoy elementary. the teacher are all great and very helpful. the new principal and vice principal go out there way to insure childrens safety when leaving the school in the afternoon. The whole school staff is very helpful and open to parent helping in the school. I could keep saying lots of wonderful things about amestoy , but i'll finish on it a great school i rate it a 10.

All 3 of my children attend Amestoy, and I am extremely happy with: 1) Communication between staff & parents is outstanding - the staff make themselves very available should you need them! (VERY IMPORTANT AT ANY SCHOOL!) 2) The idea of personal accountability that the children are taught as well as the academics 3) The amazing # of field trips my kids went on during the 2007-2008 school year! 4) The afterschool program that my sons were in is great (GAP program) Amestoy is just a great school all around - I am not satisfied with them, I love them, & I am relieved that my children are being brought up in a such a positive environment. Although we lost the best principal ever to retirement, I feel confident that the new principal they hired will only compliment & keep enforcing all the things that make it a great school.

Principle is kind and takes her time to personally know the children. Teachers try their best to help children. Great after school programs.The neighborhood is safe and the have good safety when children come out of school. Police officer monitor the children when they are arriving or departing from school. Both of my boys go to Amestoy . Great school.

Last modified Amestoy Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.