One Hundred Thirty-Fifth Street Elementary School 3

Posted September 02, 2012
My son started this school a year ago. He joined Pre-Kinder with severe speech delay. A year later after constant dedication from his teacher and the speech therapist my son talks a mile a minute. My sincere gratitude to all the Special Ed teachers at this school that have had the patience with my son. The principal is always emailing the parents, leaving voicemails and constantly keeping the parents informed about events. Thank you 135th St staff for all you do.

One Hundred Thirty-Fifth Street Elementary School 3

Posted March 05, 2012
The teachers and staff at this school work hard to meet the needs of the overwhelming number of English Language Learners. This is an inner-city school, and while it is safe (I'm not sure what drugs and bullying a prior poster is referring to), it is a very poor area where many, many of the families are Spanish-speaking. Most of the kids get a free lunch, and we offer free after-school programs. There is a free health van available to the students and their families one day each week. Generally, there is not a lot of parent-involvement. I believe we have a good staff that is dedicated to doing the best for our students.

Posted July 25, 2011
This school is horrible! I have 4 family members here and I constantly hear about bullying, ditching, drugsand other things.. My child tried notifying one of the courtyard staff and they shrugged him off. I tried changing schools but because of budget cuts they are stuck there until I am able to place them in a private school. Until then they will have me on their case.

Posted August 20, 2008

Posted February 22, 2008

Posted May 10, 2006
- a staff
This is a good school. Principal, assistant principals, staff, teachers, parents and paraprofessionals are dedicated to serving students with the best educaiton possible and by fulfilling their needs. We all work hard everyday while we are at work at 135th Street School to make student's education enjoyable and an interesting learning experience which we hope in return they will continue their education all the way through a university. I enjoy being able to help students everyday because it brings a great impact and a meaningful experience to our lives. The students are just remarkable that brighten your day everytime you interact with them.

One Hundred Thirty-Fifth Street Elementary School 4

Posted May 05, 2005
Knowledgeable and friendly Principal and Assistant Principals.

Posted January 22, 2005

Posted November 06, 2003
This is an excellent school overall, I will definitely place my kids at this school later on in life due to its academic programs and excellent teachers.

One Hundred Thirty-Fifth Street Elementary School
801 West 135th Street, Gardena, CA  90247
Last modified One Hundred Thirty-Fifth Street Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
One Hundred Thirty-Fifth Street Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top