Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Lack of communication from staff to parents. Principal dresses inappropriate for her job. No field trips, classroom celebrations, or school functions. Front office lady Lucy is very rude. And teachers are absent a lot. I wouldn't recommend this school to ANYBODY. They do a lot of raising money (Kona ice, book fairs used book sales fundraiser sales) but ask parents to donate EVERYTHING! Teachers have to pay to use copy machine on top of supplying Thier own copy paper. My daughter was in Kindergarten on top of volunteering my time I also spent well over hundreds of dollars on donating items her class was in need of.

You just have to look at the comment posted on February 14, 2009. It was posted by a teacher at this school.

Don't let this school's high API score fool you. No field trips and no class celebrations are the result of the time spent in class repeating, as opposed to learning concepts. Students review material excessively, to ensure memorization and high scores. There is more to education than satisfying the school administration's self interest. This school needs a change of administration, office staff and purpose.

Dual Immersion Program at this school not 50/50 immersion. Average Spanish teachers. Been there, done that, wasted our time.

Disappointed with the school. Lack of communication. Administrators seem to care less about certain groups of kids. Only school in the district with a history of no field trips and limits on class celebrations.

Forgot to mention, teachers need to dress like teachers. Some teachers show their cleavage which is not appropriate. This needs to be corrected and discussed to all teachers!!!

We are very disappointed with this school. Lack of communication from principal and teachers has been a huge issue. We came mid year from out of state. On the first day of school we were not allowed to walk our children to the classroom or to speak with the teachers. We tried to set up meetings through emails that went unanswered. Went to the front office to set up a time to meet and was instructed to call the class room from the office but, the teachers were not in the classroom(many substitutes at this school for meetings during the school day). Finally when I did get to meet with one teacher(have to this day never met my other child's teacher) by going to the classroom after school was unaware after 3 weeks that my child had IEP! We get no class work, tests even art work sent home EVER. We have no clue how our child is doing until we get the report card home and if your child is not struggling you do not get a parent teacher conference. Everything seems to be taught to the test. One child has never stepped foot in the school library. I would steer clear of this school.

An excellent school with great teachers and principal that work well as a team. I especially like the focus on character and good citizenship.

I love the dual immersion program that my girls are in at Las Animas Elementary school.

My daugher, first grade student in the bilingual program, has fantastic teachers (both in Spanish and English). Parents are extremely involved supporting all kind of activities for the kids and rising funds for different programs. This program is a hidden treasure!

Last modified Las Animas Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.