Bad
Good

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

Too much homework and also on the weekends you get homework which is horrible. MADDDD MADD

The Teachers yell 24/7 even if your not doing anything bad. too much homework too.

Balboa Elementary is not a diverse school. I was an active parent volunteering and part of the PTA. But if you are not Areminian you and your child are segregated. My child's teacher ran her second grade class with unrealistic strict guidelines. At times 7-9 sheets of homework! Really? How much can a 6-7 yr retain. When my concerns were brought to her and the principal's attention nothing was done. My request for an assessment were ignored. For three years my child received report cards stating he was performing below grade level and somehow he was passed onto the next grade. My child has suffered with severe anxiety towards school and started not wanting to go to school. The anxiety developed when he would be timed on his reading and math!! Ridiculous that a child is made to suffer in such a manner! Shame on you Mrs Richter for running a school that is only concerned about test scores and drilling our children. Balboa is the poster school of what is wrong with our school systems today and why the importance of education is lost in todays youth! Good riddance Balboa and disappointing staff!

This school is fantastic. As for all the parents complaining about lack of diversity, more than half of Glendale's population is Armenian. Do you expect Balboa to pick and choose its students? Do you think it's a part of a conspiracy? It's like sending your children to school in Chicago and complaining that 90% of the students are African Americans. Your comments are ridiculous. It is human behavior to socialize with and be comfortable around people who you can relate with and it is obvious that the language is one type of familiarity between the adolescents. Why do you take offense at your children taking Armenian and learning the language. If your concerns are truly valid, you should encourage diversity by having your child learn Armenian and set a precedent. However, you choose to complain about diversity.

I recently moved to the area and I am very unsatified with this school. There is no cultural diversity here, about 90% of the population is Armenian, they are rude and they don't speak English. I plan to move my daughter out of this school. Faculty and staff seem to care just about keeping a high API so they can look as good as other schools in GUSD. The office staff is horrible, no manners, no people skills. Just because there is not education required to become office staff doesn't justify their rudeness and lack of empathy.

Balboa elementary school were the best years of my live. It is any amazing school and it will stay forever.

My son is a recent transfer student to Balboa and I am honestly beyond disappointed. As the previous review states there is no diversity here; my child is of mixed race and is constantly ostracized and made fun of. Almost the entire office staff is rude or unfriendly and from day 1 we did not feel welcomed. The teachers are strict which I don't mind but its almost to the point where its run like a military academy. We have not been on one field trip and its February and there are no creative projects. My child has had a horrible time adjusting and now dreads going to school every morning. As a parent it has been heartbreaking and we will NOT be returning next year.

My kids are attending Balboa Elementary School in Glendale. This is their first year and so far, I'm very happy with the education they are receiving. Their teacher is very nice, yet strict. I have volunteered couple of times in the classroom and I was very satisfied with what I observed. The school seems to be very clean, but the bathrooms do need work. I wish they could monitor it more often. There are kids from all kinds of nationalities, same goes for teachers and staff. I have not seen any mistreatment so far. Balboa Elementary is located in a very safe and nice neighborhood. It's a very good school.

I am so extreamly disappionted with this school. Starting with the front office. I have only experianced a negative energy almost like I am always in the way. Never someone to help sign out a child or answer a question. They lack knowledge as to how things should be to. The whole staff including the Kindergarten Teachers I have come into contact with seems to lack overall Human Kindness. My son was hurt ( Stitches were Required) during school hours and they were NOT helpful to him or myself. Also the other parents are pretty hard. Almost all Armenians! Not Caucasian. SO if you dont look like them they segregate you. It is terrible.... Also it seems the school DOES NOT have the childerns best interest as there number 1 priority. What matters most to this school seems to be there very strict Policies. The curriculum is good and school grounds are very nice. The only positive things I can say about Baboa school. You have to ask yourself what matters most to you as a parent. A school who teaches to be positive and careing young childern or Stictly based on there neatness of school work and school policies ect. I am not one to write reviews, I wish I had known this aspect. :(

This is my daughters second years attending to this school. I'm so satisfied by principle, teachers and staffs.

Last modified Balboa Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.