Glendale, CA

Posted April 18, 2014
This is an amazing school. My daughter has been here for two years now. She started in fourth grade. The staff here is wonderful. From the principal down to the maintenance people. They are always helpful. We had moved from Esperanza Elem. Sch. With LAUSD.

Posted December 16, 2012
I went to this school in the 80's. It was a FANTASTIC school and the staff was AWESOME from what I remember. I wish my kids would have gone here. Glad to know nothing has changed.

Posted January 16, 2012
Columbus is one of the best schools, I want to say really in the WORLD! That's because of my daughter's progress here in COLUMBUS. We are an immigrant family who came to the U.S exactley when my daughter started attending to preschool in Columbus. She didn't know even a word in English. Now she is in first grade and her reading level is equal to second grader in seventh month of school. I am really proud of her and really thankful to her teachers specially Ms. Norma (preschool), Mrs. Hande(Kintergarten) and Mrs. kugelfirst grade), and ofcourse my daughter herself. WE LOVE YOU COLUMBUS.

Columbus Elementary School 0

Posted May 04, 2010
Staff is very friendly. Everyone is very down to earth. Teachers are approchable.

Columbus Elementary School 4

Posted June 21, 2009
I like Columbus Elementary School especially excellent teachers like Mrs. Hande, Mrs. McCarty, Mrs. Nunez, Ms. Shahbasian, Mrs. MacInnes, Mrs. Pittman, and Mr. Cena. My kids are doing well in school because of their hard work and dedication. Thanks teachers and staff!!

Columbus Elementary School 0

Posted June 17, 2009
I love Columbus Elementary...Both my children have attended this school my son now an 8th grader at Toll and starting Hoover in september with a 3.4 Gpa...And my daughter is starting Toll in september also with a 3.0 Gpa...And its all thanks to the amazing teachers at Columbus...The staff there takes pride in the kids..Mrs Janasko, Mrs. Doctorian, Mr. Cena Ms. Shabazian o nothing but wonderful memories...Thank you!!

Columbus Elementary School 3

Posted June 16, 2009
I am the parent of a kindergartener that currently attends Columbus Elementary. I have found my child's teacher, Mrs. Kugel, to be very effective and experienced at teaching kindergarten. My son always has something positive to say about her, and through my personal interaction, I believe she cares very much for her students' well being and learning. I would agree with the previous reviewer that the front office can be stand-offish and are not very helpful, but then again they deal with a lot of parents that do not speak english very well. The school attracts a large immigrant population. I also agree with the drop off situtation, which can be hectic , with a diligent police presence. Don't park illegally unless you want a ticket. Hopefully things improve when the construction is done.

Columbus Elementary School 1

Posted January 27, 2009

Posted August 19, 2008
Both my sons have attended kindergarten last year at this school, and I have to say that I am so pleased and so happy about the outcome. I see how well my boys are reading and writing. I have to say it is all because of their teachers Mrs. Firstman and Mrs. Janosko they are the best ever. And because of them my boys are so looking forward going to the first grade. But after reading some of the comments which some parents have written I have to agree that the cafeteria food can go a little better (specially for some picky eaters). Other than that so far very happy with the school. The staff and the most with the principal. We are very much looking forward for a new year and a new start.

Posted May 10, 2008

Columbus Elementary School
425 West Milford Street, Glendale, CA  91203
Last modified Columbus Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Columbus Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top