Posted July 04, 2013
I have two children in the dual-immersion Spanish program at Edison. I couldn't ask for a better school! However, I have to point out that the traditional English side does not have the parental involvement that the dual side does, so it makes for a very lop-sided school. I am one parent that does try to encourage all other parents to help out where and when they can. In response to the kinders getting walked to their lines: when my kids started here, we could walk our kids to their lines. However, with tragedies such as Sandy Hook, the district and administration has had to respond with increased security for all schools. As for Edison, parents are allowed to walk their children to their lines for the first week of school. After that, sixth graders are tasked with waiting at the gate and walking the kinders up to their lines. There are also often parent volunteers who can do this as well. If you are concerned about there being a problem, then I suggest becoming the solution to that problem. The school's admin is very open to parental advice, help, volunteers, etc. They love to have parents spear-head projects to improve the school.

Posted August 23, 2012
To the parent who recently posted that she is unhappy with Edison. May I suggest that you speak with Mrs. Labrecque, the Principal about your concerns. She is very approachable and listens to parents' concerns and ideas, really! My son attended Edison last year, and he loved it! As a parent volunteer, I worked with Mrs. Labrecque and the Tech Program Coordinator, Ms. Kully. Both ladies are always so genuinely appreciative of parent involvement. Last year, older kids walked the younger ones to their respective lines, and parents can join them in the assembly area, but not inside the buildings. You have to sign in at the Office to get access to the classroom, and only if you have an appointment to see a faculty member or doing volunteer work.

Thomas Edison Elementary School 2

Posted August 22, 2012
This school is over crowded. My child just started here and I am not happy I choose this school. I think the school talks up their FLAG and Magnet program to try to get as many people as they can enrolled. The process of school drop off is a joke. They expect tiny kids to walk all the way to line up on there own? It can be pretty scary for a kindergardener and a very long walk. They do not encourage parents to help them to the school, yet they do not have people helping the kids to their lines? I will not be staying with this school for the long haul.

Posted January 21, 2011
great school my daugther study in This school goes in 3rd grade and speak , read and write in english and spanish thanks Thomas Edison School

Thomas Edison Elementary School 1

Posted August 24, 2010
4th graders did really bad! and 5th graders hardly did any good. I'm getting my kids out that school

Posted March 04, 2010
I have two kids in the Dual Immersion (Spanish) program. One in first grade and the other in 6th grade. At the beginning, seven years ago I had doubts since bilingual education was not popular or was thought to be only given to foreign-born students. What a change of attitude I have now! I can claim success in having two American-born kids that can handle both English and Spanish proficiently. And I mean speak, read and write. Teachers are very dedicated and it reflects on their leaders very well. I wish this program was available as a standard everywhere. The world is getting smaller and we will need more multilingual workers to help our country be even more competitive. Great work Dr. Kelly King!

Posted March 03, 2010
I am so pleased to have my child in the Dual Language Program at Edison. I have been impressed by the staff, teachers and administration and my child is very happy to go to school every day!

Posted February 23, 2010
Dr Kelly King is a welcome addition to the leadership of this school. All parents I've spoken with say the previous leadership was lacking. I am glad to say the Dr King interfaces with me personally anytime that I needed her assistance. She has taken the time to know both of my boys and in my opinion goes out of her way to make the school safe and progressing academically. Good job Edison!

Posted September 29, 2009

Thomas Edison Elementary School 1

Posted September 28, 2009
The teacher do explan good . The food is bad my child got sick of chick nuggets.

Thomas Edison Elementary School
435 South Pacific Avenue, Glendale, CA  91204
Last modified Thomas Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Thomas Edison Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top