Glendale, CA
Students enrolled: 2,700

Posted July 16, 2011
I am a student a glendale high and over the three years i have been there spot of things have changed, the school activities AND afterschool and recreational programs have been cut due to fund cuts for schools. Teachers and good and they always try to exeed a student's knowledge. Overall its a great school and I'm looking forward to my last year there.

Posted June 03, 2011
I am an alumni of GHS. I graduated in 1999 and went there for my 4 years. During my stay at GHS i enjoyed all of the school activities. The teachers were always very receptive and seemed to care about the children that went there. There were always school activites for the kids to participate in. I can't say anything negative about my stay at GHS. This was a great school for me and if it has stayed the same in the past 10 years, i would definately send my children there.

Posted January 15, 2009
lots of activities, great diversity, love everything bout it!!

Posted October 07, 2008
I am a sophomore at GHS and so far it has been a great experience. The teachers here are very caring, helpful, and in some cases they care about your life at home. But, getting information from your counselors, they aren't helpful at all! Pretty much everyone has respect for each other.

Posted May 26, 2008
I am a senior at GHS and I have been on the dance drill team and been involved in the instrumental music department for all four years. The dance team just this year achieved our tenth consecutive national title in the coed dance division. That is the longest running title in the history of the dance world. The symphonic orchestra just had our concert about three weeks ago where we played music that no other high school orchestra would dare to attempt. The programs are great and both feel like families.

Posted April 27, 2008
This school is great. You wouldn't do well if you don't try. If you are someone who wants to succeed in life, and tries very hard, you can and will have a good future. However, if you get caught up with drugs, stealing, and the negative points, you wouldn't. This school has a lot of variety of sports and activities.

Posted July 18, 2007
I am a former student and after spending 1 semester at Hollywood High school I'm glad I moved to Glendale. Wonderful teachers, programs, classes, and activities. LAUSD schools can not compare to this school.

Posted July 12, 2007
I am a senior at GHS, and I am currently on the school's water polo team. Our team went to the CIF pre-lims last year (and in case you were wondering, that means we are one of the best teams in southern california). If you want to have your child learn disipline by joining a sport and going to a great school, have them go to Glendale High School, and have them join the water polo team. =D

Glendale High School 3

Posted May 07, 2007
I am currently a freshman at GHS and it has its good and its bad. The best part are the activities. They do a great job of providing students with ways to get involved. There are many fun things to do. My biggest knock on the school is the safety. I personally don't think that it is very safe. You have to always make sure that you have your things with you because there are lots of theft problems. But if you get involved and work hard its a great school to succeed in.

Posted March 25, 2007
I chose to send my child to Glendale High School after taking the time to see first-hand what the school had to offer. I heard neighbors, who had never set foot on the campus, giving opinions about the school. So I met with the principal and my daughter's counselor, and took a tour of the campus. When school started I met with all of her teachers. I like what I see. The school offers high quality instruction with many extra-curricular programs. There is plenty to get involved with. My child's teachers have been excellent. She loves going to the school and is doing well (3.5 GPA) in rigorous classes. I'm watching her blossom and grow in leaps and bounds. Like all schools with large enrollments there are issues that have to be dealt with. I'd like to see an improved district commitment to smaller class sizes.

1440 East Broadway, Glendale, CA  91205
Last modified Glendale High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glendale High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top