Glendale, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted August 13, 2013
My child just finished kindergarten here and started 1st grade this month. My husband and I have been very happy with our son's experience. The teachers we have gotten to know, as well as the administrators, have all been welcoming, kind and gracious. I am a very involved mom at school, and so far no question I have asked or comments I have made have been met with anything other than respect and courtesy. My son went in to 1st grade reading and loving school. The parents, especially the PTA and the foundation, work SO hard to raise funds for the school and host a variety of fun events. There are plenty of ways to get involved in the school. We applied to Keppel as part of the magnet program; it is not our neighborhood school, so we had a lot at stake if it didn't work out. So far, we are absolutely delighted and look forward to the coming years. Mrs. Sondergaard is a great principal, and she and Mrs. Ouweleen (asst. principal) care deeply about the school, the kids and their staff. It's obvious that they realize a happy "family" includes all stakeholders. The teachers and other staff seem happy to be there. What more can you ask for?

Mark Keppel Elementary School 1

Posted July 25, 2013
This is a terrible school located in a lovely neighborhood. The teachers are terrible & completely out of touch with modern education. The parents are suffering from a mass delusion that the school is great. The front desk administrators are very rude. Do not send your child here if you think your child has any chance of going onto higher education. Principal only cares about the teachers not the kids.

Posted September 06, 2012
The best school ever...Excellent teachers. We are extremely happy and feel very lucky to have our child going to this school.

Posted October 23, 2011
Mark Keppel is truly an outstanding Elementary. It is now a Magnet for the Visual and Performing Arts which is even better! Dr. Mason worked very hard on this grant and we are ever so grateful! The PTA here is strong, and involved. This helps everyone to see that even the parents are supportive of all the handwork of the teachers, principal and staff members. MKS, a fund created by the parents, help fund intervention teachers. Truly a wonderful learning environment for our children. Keep up the great work!!!!!!

Posted October 04, 2011
This is an AMAZING school. I love that they incorporate dance and art now that they are an arts magnet school. The principal is absolutely great. Teachers are great. I have nothing negative to say about this school. We are extremely impressed and feel very lucky to have our child going to this school.

Posted July 12, 2011
We came from private school and are so happy at Mark Keppel The school offers so many extras in the arts that both public and private schools are cutting. It is a wonderful caring environment with great parent involvement. Our experience with the teachers and especially the principal have been outstanding.

Posted April 26, 2011
I love this school and my kids do as well. It's in a beautiful and and safe environment and my kids love everything about it. Glendale is a great city overall, and this school is one of the better ones.

Posted June 15, 2010
Great School...Great discipline, awesome education and wonderful teachers. A very proud parent of Mark Keppel.

Posted January 19, 2010

Mark Keppel Elementary School 0

Posted November 03, 2009
It has the best principal, staff, teachers, PTA, parents and kids! We are like a big family always united to achieve the common goal of educating our kids in an healthy environment and not being afraid of any challenge.

Mark Keppel Elementary School
730 Glenwood Road, Glendale, CA  91202
Last modified Mark Keppel Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark Keppel Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top