Posted May 07, 2014
My son has attended John Muir for 6 years now and I couldn't be more pleased. Even with the ridiculous amounts of budget cuts to our public schools, Muir has steadily improved its API scores. The teachers are wonderful and highly experienced. The PTA and fundraising committees are excellent. Our Spanish Immersion program is a big hit bringing in great families from all around Glendale! My son's fifth grade class was introduced to Chrome books this year which has been fantastic. Now that the money is trickling back into our schools where it belongs, I only see great things in store for John Muir! I'll be sorry to leave next year. This is a wonderful school and Adam's Hills residents should definitely send their kids to Muir. I'm so happy I did!

Posted August 27, 2013
I attended this school from kindergarten until sixth grade and they were literally the best. My teachers were always engaging and class was looked forward to. I never felt left behind or confused in any way. John Muir is an amazing school and I always tried my best there because I was motivated not because I was told to. John muir does have its flaws like any school but it does NOT overpower all the good stuff. I did not enjoy the music program and that's really the only thing I disliked. Go mustangs!!

Posted July 18, 2013
Muir is a very good school. Teachers are intelligent, nice, and caring. I guarantee you that if your child attends Muir u nor your child will regret it. They have an awesome principle Dr. Junge. She is why we have an awesome school that everyone likes. If you have a child who is going to 6th grade at Muir, I'm telling you she/he won't regret it. John Muir is like a second home to all the students because the teachers act like good loving parents to all the students, and all the teachers and staff treat everyone equally. My years that I went there I saw that there was no favoritism in any way possible. Your children are very safe at Muir. GO MUSTANGS!!!

Posted July 04, 2013
My son just finished kindergarten in the Spanish dual immersion program- it's great. I'm so thrilled we found John Muir.

Posted March 13, 2013
I am a 2012 graduate of this school, and I believe this is the most safe and disciplined learning environment in all of GUSD. If you are still debating if you should enroll your children, I HIGHLY recommend it. The instructors are understanding, polite, and hardworking. John Muir has brought English language learners to become honor students. Teachers and staff will do all they can to ensure a promising future. I still consider this school my home, even though I've moved on into a more challenging era of my life.

Posted November 05, 2012
It has been an amazing year for my daughter...the teachers are dedicated, kind and never have i once heard my daughter complain...

Posted October 06, 2011
John Muir is a wonderful school. The Principal, Dr. Junge is outstanding. She is caring and completely involved with her students, parents and the community. The teachers are amazing. They are hardworking, approachable and considerate. The PTA is extremely active. Lots of events and a very busy board - more parents should get involved in school events, it really helps to feel like a part of the school. My child and I love our school and are so happy to be a part of this wonderful community.

Posted December 17, 2009
It has been an amazing second year for my son at this wonderful school. What can I say? The teachers are dedicated. Kudos to the Principal! She is a very dynamic and sweet person. Extremely personal with the kids. My son goes to third grade and I always see him come back very happy and satisfied everyday. Nothing can be better than this for us as parents!

John Muir Elementary School 0

Posted October 09, 2009
Wow!!!!! What an outstanding kindergarten team. I could tell that the teachers work closely together to provide quality learning experiences for all the children. I have seen my own twins grow and I was confident they were well-prepared for first grade. I volunteered many times throughout the year and was happy to see that there is consistency in kindergarten.

John Muir Elementary School 3

Posted April 10, 2009

John Muir Elementary School
912 South Chevy Chase Drive, Glendale, CA  91205
Last modified John Muir Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
John Muir Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top