Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted March 09, 2016
For The Most part it's just right. Every now and then it's a little too much

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 09, 2016
Everyone I have come across cares, and it really shows. Everyone is friendly and genuine!

Posted March 09, 2016
My boys have been going to this school for 5 years now. I love all of the teachers that they have had. Mr. Le Blanc, Mrs. Severe, Mrs. Galaz, Mr. D etc. They have genuine teachers that really care. And so much fundraising and parent participation goes on at this school. If I had to change anything, it would be to add a little more color to the diversity pool. But over all great school. Love Mrs. Provost!

Posted April 07, 2015
I would like to thank the principle for a great programs she has going on in her school. From the pickup and drop of system to the flag assembly's, to the front office people. And all the activities the school has going on. I was a parent of a kindergarten student and we unfortunately did not finish the school year because of a move we made to a different state. My sons teachers were amazing. He learned so much. If I had a question it was answered right away, I never had an issue with anything. She helped me better my son above and beyond!! She helps each and every child as if it was her own. True teacher. I'm very happy to have had an experience with a great teacher to know a great one from a good one. I even miss the load of hm he used to get. His new school doesn't get half and to make up for it I give him extra. I miss VW. A great community wish I would have stayed longer!! I even miss the Thursday folder! Thank you very much for such a great experience Mrs. Kingsbury, and Ms. Provost.

Verdugo Woodlands Elementary School 1

Posted November 21, 2014
Every day my child brings home a pile of papers that must be signed. And if for some reason the parents forget to sign one of the pieces of paper, give the child the orange form, which we must also sign. This formal approach is driving me crazy. Child instead of focusing on homework (math, English, science) has to remember about all of these pieces of paper. Let's think about saving trees and leave the kids alone.

Verdugo Woodlands Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
My kid goes emersion JDL program there. Teachers are great and take care of kids. We are very happy for teachers and parents involved classes and volunteer work. Hearing great things about principal than previous principal from parents. only thing school is too many students and not happy about lunch menu at school. Awful for picking up and dropping off students. You need to have 15 min extra time to drop kids off for dropping / picking up line. Too crowded. That is why my review is 4 star. Teachers and school themselves are great I think.

Posted August 11, 2013
Verdugo Woodlands Elementary School is a very great place.I am happy that my kids go to this school.The teacher's are very nice and supportive.

Verdugo Woodlands Elementary School 2

Posted March 15, 2013
what makes a great school? well a whole lot, a high API does not necessarily mean a good school overall. There are certain etnic groups attending this school who are simply grade pushers. the school is over crowded, thanks to the same group of people who will do anything to get in, I believe everysingle residence in the area has some child enrolled in there. parent involvement is superb, and again the school is playing extreme favoritism with these families. God forbid if you are a working parent who don't have time to sit around and mingle and chat and cut collored paper over coffee... then nobody knows who your child is and what your needs are... the previous principal never gave us an appntmt. to share our concerns with her, the new one is much approachable, but we will be graduating this year and the concerns are too old too be solved.

Posted August 01, 2012
Our daughter has finished 4 years at VWS and our son two years in the Japanese Dual Language program. This school is truly OUTSTANDING! Teacher experiences have all been good and mostly outstanding. There is a HUGE parent involvement in the school, far beyond what I ever saw with my four grown kids anywhere. The few complaints in reviews are not indicative of the overall experience at the school and sound like a few people going overboard with a minor personal experience with an individual or personality differences. I know Mrs. Buhl quite well and while some feel she is distant or uncaring, my opinion is she has always worked hard to make VWS the "best" (and she is very overworked). FYI, she has been promoted up into the school district and a new principal begins this school year, and she is a very kind and involved educator.

Posted August 02, 2011
We love Verdugo Woodlands! Our daughter is enrolled in the Japanese Dual Language Program, which is amazing. Great teachers and staff, and LOTS of parent involvement.

1751 North Verdugo Road, Glendale, CA  91208-2999
Last modified Verdugo Woodlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.