Posted November 21, 2014
Every day my child brings home a pile of papers that must be signed. And if for some reason the parents forget to sign one of the pieces of paper, give the child the orange form, which we must also sign. This formal approach is driving me crazy. Child instead of focusing on homework (math, English, science) has to remember about all of these pieces of paper. Let's think about saving trees and leave the kids alone.

Verdugo Woodlands Elementary School 4

Posted October 08, 2013
My kid goes emersion JDL program there. Teachers are great and take care of kids. We are very happy for teachers and parents involved classes and volunteer work. Hearing great things about principal than previous principal from parents. only thing school is too many students and not happy about lunch menu at school. Awful for picking up and dropping off students. You need to have 15 min extra time to drop kids off for dropping / picking up line. Too crowded. That is why my review is 4 star. Teachers and school themselves are great I think.

Verdugo Woodlands Elementary School 2

Posted March 15, 2013
what makes a great school? well a whole lot, a high API does not necessarily mean a good school overall. There are certain etnic groups attending this school who are simply grade pushers. the school is over crowded, thanks to the same group of people who will do anything to get in, I believe everysingle residence in the area has some child enrolled in there. parent involvement is superb, and again the school is playing extreme favoritism with these families. God forbid if you are a working parent who don't have time to sit around and mingle and chat and cut collored paper over coffee... then nobody knows who your child is and what your needs are... the previous principal never gave us an appntmt. to share our concerns with her, the new one is much approachable, but we will be graduating this year and the concerns are too old too be solved.

Posted August 01, 2012
Our daughter has finished 4 years at VWS and our son two years in the Japanese Dual Language program. This school is truly OUTSTANDING! Teacher experiences have all been good and mostly outstanding. There is a HUGE parent involvement in the school, far beyond what I ever saw with my four grown kids anywhere. The few complaints in reviews are not indicative of the overall experience at the school and sound like a few people going overboard with a minor personal experience with an individual or personality differences. I know Mrs. Buhl quite well and while some feel she is distant or uncaring, my opinion is she has always worked hard to make VWS the "best" (and she is very overworked). FYI, she has been promoted up into the school district and a new principal begins this school year, and she is a very kind and involved educator.

Posted August 02, 2011
We love Verdugo Woodlands! Our daughter is enrolled in the Japanese Dual Language Program, which is amazing. Great teachers and staff, and LOTS of parent involvement.

Posted May 11, 2011
This school has quite a few very lazy teachers and principal doesn't want to to anything about it. I have reported it to the principal but she was very negative about it. She is there to protect the lazy teacher not the students who suffered under the lazy teacher. I moved out from this school district. I would say 20% of the teachers are good.

Posted May 10, 2011
We moved out of the district a few weeks ago and realized our 3rd grader still had money on her lunch account. I called the school and was redirected to food services. Found out we had about $10 left on the account and were told we couldn't get the money back because the bank charged $15 to do a refund. I asked if the money could be transfered to her new school and was told "no". Are you kidding me!!! I ended up having the money transfered to the account of one of the students in her class. This is absolutely ridiculous!

Posted May 10, 2011
VW is a wonderful school! The teachers are great and very caring. Parents are very involved and create a community. I love this school and am very happy that my son is able to go here!

Posted May 10, 2011
Verdugo Woodlands is a fantastic school with amazing parent involvement and dedicated and creative teachers and staff! Many arts programs are offered to students, as well. Love this school!

Posted March 09, 2011
6 1/2 hour wait just register, only to be told that utility bills were inacceptable. It is not specified on the information worksheet.

Verdugo Woodlands Elementary School
1751 North Verdugo Road, Glendale, CA  91208
Last modified Verdugo Woodlands Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Verdugo Woodlands Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews. Top