Woodrow Wilson Middle School

Public | 6-8 | 1250 students

Sweep tile

Posted November 22, 2013

It is my 1st year here (6th) and so far it is AWSOME!:) I like how the principals all work together and the teachers all really have spirit in teaching. I especially love my Thea hers who are funny. At first I was scared, but it is a really great school. :D

Posted August 21, 2013

It's actually my first year at Wilson. I just graduated from J.H.Moore elementary school. I'm very excited to go to the school. I here the IB classes are great there. I visited the school on a field trip to see what the graduating 5th grade classes were expecting. The IB children have a lot more privileges than the average students. If you got accepted to the international bachelorette program you would be quite happy. Luckily I got accepted and now I'm very ecstatic to be there. During my visit I saw the separate lunchrooms and gyms to separate the young lady and gentlemen they are both equal. The school lockers were quite colorful and looked fantastic. This school should be very proud.

Posted August 12, 2012

Honestly, I had one of the worst experiences of my life at this school. I was new to the school during my 8th grade year and the staff did absolutely nothing to make me feel at home, they didn't even tell me something as simple as to where my classes were located! The academics were good, but the student life was just something else.

Posted June 22, 2012

My daughter just graduated this year june 14 2012 and was awarded with torch and laurel (3.5 above average). She came from a private school and transfered here 6th grade. She had a hard time adjusting a little in the beggining but now had accumulated lots of friends and self confidence. She even won a trip to KOREA with other 10 kids this year for an essay writting contest that was provided by Korea Sister assc and GUSD. I am happy I sent her here!
—Submitted by a teacher

Posted March 12, 2012

My daughter started at this school in the 7th grade. I was so impressed with her grades that I allowed her to finish her last year of middle school here. So far, I'm not disappointed in my decision. She continues to excel where her grades are concerned. I like the challenge this school offers my daughter because thats what she needs in order to stay focus. I like how the school is ran, the staff and even the parents involvement. Whenever I have a concern, no matter who I take the concern to, I get a quick response. I'm comparing this school to other schools my daughter has attended in the past which would include private and charter schools but this is the second and only public school she's ever attended. I am really happy with this school.

Posted March 11, 2012

I go to school here, and I have nothing to complain about it. This is a good school if you are interested in the arts (choir, drama, art, music, etc). WMS has a great PE department. The football team only lost 1 game out of 5 seasons. This school is really a good school.

Posted September 30, 2011

I graduated from the 8th grade last year and I miss this school so much!! The teachers were AWESOME and they managed to teach well without loading us with a ton of homework. Most of the students are very smart in Wilson, so the campus and classrooms are mostly perfectly clean. The most important thing that I love about this school was that the campus was tied together. All the students supported each other, especially in sport activities. I remember when I was on the track team, and at the track meet, there where like a ton of wilson knights there (and like no one from rosemont, roosevelt, or toll) and they cheered us on SO MUCH! There are a bunch of school activities that are a lot of fun like the Turkey Bowl (when faculaty and students play footbal), there are a buch of long snack activities . and the best part is that they reward you at the end for all the hard work we did. A couple of weeks before graduation, we have an awards ceremony, where students read speeches, and are rewarded for their good grades with medals and certificates. all in all Wilson is the best school ever!! GO KNIGHTS!!!!!

Posted September 3, 2009

HEY HEY HEY im in the 8th grade at wilson middle school...wilson is a great school...i was supposed to go to rosemont middle school in la crescenat(GUSD) but beacause of the large population there they couldnt accept me...(oh and i live in tujunga which isnt even GUSD and wilson still accepted me!!! Im so thankfull to all my teachers and friends...I highly recommend this school to a student ready to have fun and learn @ the same time

Posted December 18, 2008

My children have attended this school--and still do. This is by far the best scool in Glendale! Only place to send your children! And the Principal is fantastic!!

Posted September 2, 2008

I use to attend this school and have to say it is the best school i have gone to so far.The teachers here are great and helpful towards the students and the music department rules...hip hip hurray for Ms. Gianos!!!!!!! I certainly and whole heartingly recommend this school. Always a Wilson Knight!!!!!!!!

Posted July 4, 2008

I am a student here and I have no regrets comming. The environment is unbelievable. You are able to have fun but at the same time learn so much everyday. The teachers and counslers are very encouraging and always ready to help with anything. I am very succesfull here and find it a great school!!

Posted May 15, 2008

If you have a child that performs exceedingly well, then this would be a perfect fit for that student. My child has learning disabilities and finds it increasingly difficult to keep up with the students on campus. He receives little direction from the staff as well as the teachers and he does not receive the assistance required for him to succeed. This school is a disappointment.

Posted May 7, 2008

i absolutely love this school!!! you have fun while learning and time goes by really fast!! i can't believe that our school year is ending in a month! woahhh.. all the teachers are great and encouraging.If you re thinking to attend to Wilson, dont have second thoughts go for it!!!! Wilson Knights Power!!!

Posted January 20, 2008

I love attending Wilson. We have great school activities, where everybody can participate! I'm part of Wilson's ASB, and I'm proud!

Posted March 28, 2007

A great school with wonderful teachers and administrators!

Posted October 26, 2006

quality of education very poor.

Posted May 19, 2006

It is a graeatest middle school.

Posted April 3, 2006

I am a student here. I love this school because you have a fun time learning, and you have a wide choice between electives. We get rewarded for good grades and deeds. Ever since I changed here from private school, I have loved it. I am currently an A student.

Posted September 21, 2005

Awesome school great security children are very happy here. I am very pleased with my childs results at this school gresat enviorment too. Teachers are very educated and this school gets the most permit requests of all the middle schoools in glendale and most go on to glendale high another good school too. So go here its awesome

Posted June 16, 2004

The spirit of Wilson is driven by the principal Mr. Lucas. He encourages learning in a safe and constructive environment. The students all adore him and are inspired to acheive. The school seems to be one of the best Middle schools in Glendale.

This school's

(2012)

9 / 10

10 / 10

API Growth scores over time

Did this school meet the API goal this year?
  • This school met the state goal of 800.

API Growth scores by subgroup

Did this school meet all the API goals for student subgroups this year?
  • This school met all student subgroup API targets for 2013

Change from 2012 to 2013
API Statewide Rank
(2012)

9 / 10

API Statewide Rank (2012)

10 / 10

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

249 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 55% in 2013.

248 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 86% in 2013.

37 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 60% in 2013.

509 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 52% in 2013.

467 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 50% in 2013.

266 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 57% in 2013.

484 students were tested at this school in 2013.

2010

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

208 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 85% in 2013.

23 students were tested at this school in 2013.

n/a
History - Social Science Grade 8 Cumulative

501 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 67% in 2013.

479 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Females82%

Parent education - some college (includes AA degree)71%
Parent education - college graduate78%
Parent education - graduate school/post graduate80%
Parent education - declined to state61%

General Mathematics (Grades 6 & 7 Standards)

All Students48%

• Richard Lucas
Fax number
  • (818) 244-2050

Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)

Apply now