Holy Family Elementary School

Private | K-8

Living in Glendale

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $290,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,420.

Sweep tile

Posted June 28, 2012

Notice how a few reviews down a person rates the school high but opens her comments with, "I hope they keep their promise ...". That pretty much sums up the feeling right now. There is a lack of trust, even by those parents who are die hards. (The priest and principal spend too much energy on positive spin.) The other parents just find it too difficult to take their kids to another school because they don't want to separate the kids from their friends.

Posted June 24, 2012

The school is in transition under new leadership. Many changes have and are occuring under this new principal. After the principal's first year five core senior faculty members resigned. After this school year, six faculty and staff member will no longer be returning. The values and sense of community that had originally drawn me to this school no longer exists. Too much change too fast isn't always a good thing especially when it seems that the leaders don't know how to go about achieving their goals with a sense of integrity and transparency.

Posted May 6, 2012

We are almost done with 2011-2012. It has been a bumpy ride this year with the news of the new fees and contribution towards the upgrades to the school. It has been hard to hear the discontent from other parents regarding the changes. However, we as parents need to listen to our kids and do what is best for them. The school is a great school and the peace of mind I have knowing my children are safe, cared for and are provided with many learning opportunities is worth any expense. We all have different family situations and should not bash a school for trying to improve what will eventually become a well known prestigious catholic school. My children have learned so much more about religion than we ever did from our parents or other parish. It is so heartfelt to hear the faculty and parish clergy address our children by name. They do try to make us a real community. A true holy family. LMA

Posted March 22, 2012

Before you come to Holy Family gradeschool, Glendale, interview atleast 10 parents and ask good questions. also ask about the school in the last few years. Staff, administration are not customer firendly. new Accountant does not address customer needs/parents the principal does not get back to parents with their complaints. Fundraising campiagns are not feasible. The only thing good about this school that I can tell you is that the parents does not want to take out their kids becuase their kids have been with other kids since the beginning. I read the other topics. they are fast when they bill you.

Posted February 6, 2012

I have to say that this school has really been good to bad in the last 2 years. the cost per child to put your child to school has gone up drammatically. I read other reviews on the cost. It is true the tution is only one variable of the equation. Tution + registration + surprise fees +++ all have gone up. Keep in mind why we are there in the first place. it used to be under Mrs Heinz and the prices was good as well as the education. now it is very different. many teachers have left and these teachers is why my kids went there in the first place. they taught becuase they loved it, they just loved to teach. now they are gone. Morning care opens later than the schedule resulting in parents being stuck in traffic , resulting in parents being late to work for hours. Keep in mind that 5 minute late in the morning can be very traffic and can cost hours. I dont recommend this school, this is a completely different school now. its all Money for the principal. its all money for her.

Posted February 6, 2012

I went to HF. go bulldogs go! Mrs Heinz, Mrs carnevali, Mrs Porath are gone. and I dont know about Mrs Chatterton. they are the reason why I decided to take the kids there. Under the new administration, it is very different. The new principal Mrs Suelto seems like she works to impress her higher ups thats all! Fees have increased im not just talking about tuition but the registration and new fees that just pops up. they want to implement a new centralize AC/heating with no reports on costs, short term and long term (note the glendale water and power will increase their cost 2013) .IPAD implemetation. There is no studies that children will be more ready or successful academically than a child with no IPAD gadget. Dont get me wrong im in the field of technology. but once teh children are dependant on these gadgets then the manual skills goes down. kids can learn about ipad outside of school. they can learn it very fast. The last 2 years all i see is MONEY. "dont ask what the school can do for you ask what you can do for the school". with inflation,recession,unemployment continuing to be bad, I dont think Mrs Suelto can keep this up.Go bull dogs!

Posted January 31, 2012

Me and my son love this School!!! Thank you so much for making a big difference in my life , we move from another state to glendale and I recommend this school teachers great, kids great , principal amazing.... everybody......... my son is 8th grade moving to high school i feel like taking everybody with me......to high school :-) academics really good . you will be happy overall. Faith excelent..... so much to say just go check it out.

Posted April 29, 2010

I can't tell you how much my son and I love this school. This a school that cares about education and the well being of their students. Great work.

Posted December 2, 2009

I couldn't explain how lucky We are to have found Holy Family Grade School. The term family is really in the core of their teachings. Parents are really involve in every activities that this school has to offer. The principal is fabulous, no matter how many the students or the parents were she remembers everyone. The staff and the teachers, they all smile at you and talk to you and you can feel the warmth and sincerity of their hearts. Now, we are deciding to move elsewhere but we can't because we are afraid to loose such a good community.

Posted May 5, 2008

We are completing our fifth year at Holy Family Grade School, with two kids now attending. From the beginning, I have found it to be a wonderful school. The principal, teachers, and staff make the kids their number one priority. They do everything in their power to keep the kids safe and to keep the curriculum current. But the thing I love the best about this school is that they have rules and they enforce them; they support the morals and values we teach at home by expecting the same at school. It is wonderful to have a school that does not undermine what we teach as parents. They definitely teach our kids to be caring, respectful members of society.

Posted March 26, 2007

Holy Family Elementary is a great school where the teachers along with the principal and staff develop the whole student. The school teaches good moral values, self discipline, a strong faith and the pursue of academic excellence.

Posted February 23, 2006

We have loved our experiences at Holy Family Grade School. The staff is wonderful and the kids enjoy their school experience so much. We highly recommend!

Posted June 8, 2005

Great school. Staff memebers are nice. We were all a family.
—Submitted by a former student

Ethnicity This school
Black 1%
American Indian/Alaska Native 0%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Los Angeles

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

400 South Louise Street