PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Just a suggestion to the principal & priest. Be creative and try asking help from California Lottery, rent out your gym or auditorium & accept filming. That way $$$$ will keep coming to your cup. Agree fellow parents?????

Effective school leaders: Disagree

Too bad to hear the current regime of a Filipino Principal. I understand that if your child is enrolled to a private school you must be ready with tons of $$. But seeing all the bad reviews especially monitoring students social media is not acceptable. Forcing kids to post good review to boost the school is also not a good idea. The funny review to read was the one who wrote about the Principal as a bulldog barking all the time. I know for a fact that most of the private school cannot afford the luxury for the kids that a public school can provide: Hvac, equiptment, school amenities, smart boards, ample play areas, TA's & last but not least psychologists.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There were some teachers that I had that inspired me a lot, but some weren't that as much as a role model to the student.

During my time at HFGS, everything went simple and well until Miss Suelto became our principal, and basically, everything just went downhill for the students and (some) parents. There were numerous fees, which especially made it hard for the parents. She enforced stricter rules, and because of these flaws, my experience of middle school wasn't that great as I imagined it to be. Adding onto that, even though I know really nice and sweet people from there, that doesn't mean that there can be students who are rude and disrespectful to others. I worry about the future of this school because of what had happened in the past and what it is doing right now. (I better not see another group of students forced to write a five-star review, on the same day [which, in my opinion, is pretty dumb because it clearly shows how desperate Miss Suelto wants a five-star rating].)

This will be our 3rd year in this school and all we can say is we love this school! My daughter just loves going to school, the teachers are well qualified and nurturing, and the students and her peers are all well-rounded. The staff is very helpful. The Principal is very hands-on and is very accommodating to the parents’ and students’ needs. This is a Catholic School so it means there are mandatory fundraising events. The school has a high tuition but we believe we are getting our money’s worth. We are investing in our daughter’s education and this school is helping her become into a wonderful citizen.

My child and i love this school and the faculty. All around great experience here. My child has been at his school since TK. No school is perfect, but anytime we have had any issues, they have taken care of it right away.

I used to be a former staff at the grade school. Many of us staff left the school due to complaints from parents or just driven out by the administration. I think parents should learn how to deal with the reality. If your child does not want to learn, then be accountable. It’s really not a good paying job. Teachers do this because they love to teach.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They punish us with loads of homework and display means of favoritism. There are no boundaries between student and teacher.

Amount of homework: no rating

The teachers are worked out and retired or don't even know what they are talking about. Its frustrating going home to do work you don't even understand because the teachers are constantly quitting or are insufficient.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is the best value and the best grade school in the county. The school establishes Catholic values for the children’s good future. This school is better than Public schools. I agree, If you do complain about that then you should look at yourself and maybe go somewhere else. And yes, the school does not support the High school across and I side that. There are better high schools out there. It’s been over a year since that girl got expelled. Maybe she deserved it. They should just drop it and move on. That’s life.

Last modified Holy Family Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8