PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (4 responses)

Holy Family Elementary School 5

Posted December 18, 2015
I used to be a former staff at the grade school. Many of us staff left the school due to complaints from parents or just driven out by the administration. I think parents should learn how to deal with the reality. If your child does not want to learn, then be accountable. It’s really not a good paying job. Teachers do this because they love to teach.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted December 14, 2015
They punish us with loads of homework and display means of favoritism. There are no boundaries between student and teacher.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted December 14, 2015
The teachers are worked out and retired or don't even know what they are talking about. Its frustrating going home to do work you don't even understand because the teachers are constantly quitting or are insufficient.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted December 14, 2015
You are lucky if you aren't expelled or suspended from this school because they claim to want to put you at your "gold standard" but honestly they don't care. They won't sacrifice the good of their name for a bunch of rumors. You may be the most exemplary but if you aren't bowing down to the principal, then you're automatically irrelevant.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted December 10, 2015
This is the best value for your money and the best grade school in the county. The school establishes Catholic values for the children’s good future. ALso, This school is better than any magnet public schools. I agree, If you do complain about that then you should look at yourself and maybe go somewhere else. And yes, the school does not support the High school across and I agree with the gradeschool. There are better high schools out there. It’s been over a year since that girl got expelled. Maybe she deserved it. They should just drop it and move on. That’s life.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 10, 2015
This is the best value and the best grade school in the county. The school establishes Catholic values for the children’s good future. This school is better than Public schools. I agree, If you do complain about that then you should look at yourself and maybe go somewhere else. And yes, the school does not support the High school across and I side that. There are better high schools out there. It’s been over a year since that girl got expelled. Maybe she deserved it. They should just drop it and move on. That’s life.

Holy Family Elementary School 4

Posted December 05, 2015
Coming from an alumnus, parent, and community member, the school did its part in establishing Catholic values, creating a safe environment, as well as challenging the students academically. After having read all the reviews, yes I read all the reviews, it seems to me that lots of change has happened. Yes I agree that HVAC was not necessary, but if you looked at other local grade schools, this school was the only one to not have AC in all the classrooms. There were also complaints about bad teachers. Look, the bottom line is that no matter what school you enroll your child in, there will always be bad teachers who absolutely cannot teach. If you complain about that then you should go check yourself. Anyways, the school enriches your child in Catholic values because obviously it is a Catholic school, the school also challenges your child to compete academically and athletically. The message of the school is to allow your child to be a well rounded person going into high school. Tuition is tuition, you cannot do anything about that, and yes I understand that there are extra fees that add up to the costs, however, every private school has those no matter what. But I do agree that there too many fundraisers here, but the money goes into sustaining the school environment or improving it. The school has added a foreign language into the academic mix that will benefit your child going into high school, believe me. For those complaining about the Academic Decathlon team, you have no idea what they have to study. I challenge those who complain about the decathlon team getting an "A" grade easier than the others who are not a part of the team, and study what the decathlon team studies. My child was part of the team studying from 8am-8pm, then did his school homework for two hours, then did another hour of studying for academic decathlon, AND on top of that my child had basketball and volleyball practice. You try memorizing material and balancing out that work load then come back to me. Lastly, as for that case of the girl who was expelled, from what I have heard from other parents, she was the bully, not the bullied. The parents are just seeking for money compensation and someone to blame, ONE YEAR AFTER IT HAPPENED. To the girl's parents, MOVE ON, IT HAS BEEN A YEAR LET IT GO, YOU ARE NOT PAYING TUITION ANYMORE. Anyways, yes send your child here, you won't regret it.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted December 04, 2015
I am also an alumni from HFGS and was one of the student that was forced by the principal to write great reviews just last Feb during the event that happened. I can say that this school is not the school that we signed up for when Ms. Heinz was still the principal. The previous reviews are correct. There is politics and if you are not on their good side, you are an outsider. The staff; principal, and the Vice principal is really controlling and the have forced many students to spy on students facebook, twitter. Now that I am a year out, I have realized that the people in this school was there to control and divide us students and families. No family deserves this treatment. Not even to those (Girl) that many students did not like.

Holy Family Elementary School 2

Posted November 30, 2015
I, like many others here, was a student at this school. My experience was pretty good, but what the others are saying is nothing but the truth. There were great teachers but most of them have left. There were so many mandatory fundraisers. It can be said that money is needed to run the school, but that is not the end. If you are not on the side of the faculty or the principal, then you aren't that well off. As for the girl who got expelled, I do not hold any opinion on that. As many others are pointing out here, the principal basically FORCED us to write reviews about the school and, thus, they had to have good ratings. Look at the reviews on February 19, 2015. We were made to write them. Saying what we truly felt would possibly get us in trouble. I had an okay experience here, but at its current state, I would not recommend this school at all.

Holy Family Elementary School 2

Posted November 25, 2015
I was an alumni of this school. Just like what other people are saying, it's like politics here. Some of the teachers are nice, but others are just plain terrible. Adding onto the faculty and staff, the principal sure is hungry for money. During my time over there, they had so much fundraisers (some that were unnecessarily mandatory) that I was happy I got out. Another thing I don't get; why must this school ask for Clark Magnet's assistance for tutoring when they have a great high school (Holy Family High School) that is literally across the street? (I've heard before that the grade school and the high school have clashed before.)

400 South Louise Street, Glendale, CA  91205
Last modified Holy Family Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Family Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 134 reviews. Top