Holy Family Elementary School 1

Posted March 18, 2015
School is run like a business. There is no diversity amongst the students and a high teacher turnover each year. As a parent, I can't say I ever felt welcomed at this school. At some point I will have to make the decision to change schools despite its convenient location to home and work.
9 people found this helpful

Posted March 15, 2015
1st in Super Quiz, 5th Overall out of 115 Catholic Schools, and 6 individual wins in the most recently held Academic Decathlon in the Los Angeles Sports Arena - HFGS Bulldogs truly rock! YOU ARE THE BEST. The laurels of this school are so telling of the kind of community it has - smart students, committed faculty, great leadership, and supportive parents!!! Keep it up.

Holy Family Elementary School 1

Posted March 05, 2015
As you can tell, multiple of the reviews are created by the students. These students were chosen to write reviews about the grade school because of their own grade. If they were to write what they actually feel, they might just get in trouble.
7 people found this helpful

Holy Family Elementary School 3

Posted February 21, 2015
Oh my, so many reviews on the same day. Sounds like premeditated planning by school officials. I think the students were extrinsically rewarded to write a review and rave about a coach. This school is decent and run by a decent principal. PROS: Faith based education, many activities and a caring environment for kids. CONS: High teacher turnover rate. A combination of experienced and very inexperienced teachers. Discipline issues should be taken care of discreetly instead of making an entire class feel uncomfortable.
7 people found this helpful

Posted February 20, 2015
I am a figure skater and train 6 days a week so finding the right school was hard for me. I enrolled in Holy Family in the 3rd quarter and I feel like I started at the beginning of the school year. They did a great job of accommodating to my needs. You will meet a lot friends just like my best friend, Yasmine. All the sports team here work very hard and are very competitive. Just 3 weeks ago, Varsity cheer won 1st place. The teachers and staff are amazing and make you feel welcome. I think this is a great school and you should enroll your kids here. --Current 5th Grader

Posted February 19, 2015
As a student in Class of 2015 at Holy Family Grade School, I can easily say that I have had an excellent experience throughout my years of learning here. Our extracurriculars are very diverse from volleyball, concert chorus, guitar ensemble, advanced art classes, robotics, and much more to come! I have partaken in many extracurriculars such as cheerleading and the guitar ensemble. This year, our school won first place overall in the SHARP International competition and the varsity cheer team will be competing in Hawaii. An extracurricular that is not common in other schools is our guitar ensemble; which first began three years ago. I have partaken in this for three years and I would like to thank Mr. Gerovac for teaching us for two years and welcome Mr. Barker who is currently teaching the guitar ensemble. Each student and teacher here at Holy Family are very kind and welcoming, and I hope that there are many more students that will apply to our school.

Posted February 19, 2015
Holy Family Grade School is an amazing school and it has molded me into a person that will be ready for the challenges of high school. I have been a part of the Academic Decathlon, and our coach, Mrs. Ofelia Ruta, has motivated us to be the best we can be so that we can excel in not only our academic competitions, but excel as a person with values such as respect and courtesy. I am also involved in the Boys Varsity Basketball Team which allowed me to be a part of a team that I would not trade for the world. Our team has accomplished a great amount of success and with the help of our Coach Aryton Perea, we will be advancing to the CYO playoffs. GO BULLDOGS!

Posted February 19, 2015
I participitated in the AJHD this year as the social studies alternate. Special thanks to Mrs. Ruta for being very committed and being a fantastic coach. My decathlete, Alethea, placed first for her individual ( Something New Under the Sun) in the AJHD scrimmage at Cathedral High School. The school is very welcoming and strives it's students to be better people. I'm currently in 7th grade and will be part of CLASS OF 2016. The teachers do a superb job at teaching students to prepare them for high school.

Posted February 19, 2015
I am a student of Holy Family Elementary School and honestly, it is excellent! There are so many activities, and all the teachers are welcoming and nice. I am in the Academic Junior High Decathlon and we recently scored first in super quiz at the Quiz Bowl. I'm looking forward for the actual event. There are many sports including cheer, which is exciting to watch. I fully encourage you to come into our family, although I've only been here for a while I feel like this is my true family

Posted February 19, 2015
Holy Family is an educational, athletic, and an entertaining school. I attended this school in Kindergarten and I am currently in the 7th grade. I will be graduating in the year 2016. I am currently in boys varsity basketball and i am the Elks Hoop Shoot winner for the 12-13 age group. I received 1st place in the District and Region level. I also received 4th place for the State level. Our school has a welcoming environment to new comers and we are very caring and helpful to others. Our school SLE's are a faithful and active catholic, academically prepared, an effective and confident communicator, and a globally responsible citizen I would Like to thank my sports coaches, Coach Aryton, Coach Arron, and Coach Christian, for helping me throughout this great year in sports. Thank you for training us really hard and that you would take your time everyday to train us and because of this we advanced to the CYO playoffs I am very proud to be a student of Holy Family Elementary school!

Holy Family Elementary School
400 South Louise Street, Glendale, CA  91205
Last modified Holy Family Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Holy Family Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 71 reviews. Top