PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (6 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (5 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 26, 2016
There were some teachers that I had that inspired me a lot, but some weren't that as much as a role model to the student.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted July 26, 2016
They develop respect in a very wrong way. A person that I knew was expelled, but I know that she didn't deserve that expulsion. Like what others have said, if you don't side with Miss Suelto, then be really careful. It's basically politics out there.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 26, 2016
Even though it has its flaws, HFGS has strong teachings in caring for each other and basically becoming a family with each other. (Not that way.)

Holy Family Elementary School 2

Posted July 26, 2016
During my time at HFGS, everything went simple and well until Miss Suelto became our principal, and basically, everything just went downhill for the students and (some) parents. There were numerous fees, which especially made it hard for the parents. She enforced stricter rules, and because of these flaws, my experience of middle school wasn't that great as I imagined it to be. Adding onto that, even though I know really nice and sweet people from there, that doesn't mean that there can be students who are rude and disrespectful to others. I worry about the future of this school because of what had happened in the past and what it is doing right now. (I better not see another group of students forced to write a five-star review, on the same day [which, in my opinion, is pretty dumb because it clearly shows how desperate Miss Suelto wants a five-star rating].)

Posted May 19, 2016
This will be our 3rd year in this school and all we can say is we love this school! My daughter just loves going to school, the teachers are well qualified and nurturing, and the students and her peers are all well-rounded. The staff is very helpful. The Principal is very hands-on and is very accommodating to the parents’ and students’ needs. This is a Catholic School so it means there are mandatory fundraising events. The school has a high tuition but we believe we are getting our money’s worth. We are investing in our daughter’s education and this school is helping her become into a wonderful citizen.

Posted March 25, 2016
My child and i love this school and the faculty. All around great experience here. My child has been at his school since TK. No school is perfect, but anytime we have had any issues, they have taken care of it right away.

Posted December 18, 2015
I used to be a former staff at the grade school. Many of us staff left the school due to complaints from parents or just driven out by the administration. I think parents should learn how to deal with the reality. If your child does not want to learn, then be accountable. It’s really not a good paying job. Teachers do this because they love to teach.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted December 14, 2015
They punish us with loads of homework and display means of favoritism. There are no boundaries between student and teacher.

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted December 14, 2015
The teachers are worked out and retired or don't even know what they are talking about. Its frustrating going home to do work you don't even understand because the teachers are constantly quitting or are insufficient.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted December 14, 2015
You are lucky if you aren't expelled or suspended from this school because they claim to want to put you at your "gold standard" but honestly they don't care. They won't sacrifice the good of their name for a bunch of rumors. You may be the most exemplary but if you aren't bowing down to the principal, then you're automatically irrelevant.

400 South Louise Street, Glendale, CA  91205
Last modified Holy Family Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8