PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (8 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (6 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

There were some teachers that I had that inspired me a lot, but some weren't that as much as a role model to the student.

During my time at HFGS, everything went simple and well until Miss Suelto became our principal, and basically, everything just went downhill for the students and (some) parents. There were numerous fees, which especially made it hard for the parents. She enforced stricter rules, and because of these flaws, my experience of middle school wasn't that great as I imagined it to be. Adding onto that, even though I know really nice and sweet people from there, that doesn't mean that there can be students who are rude and disrespectful to others. I worry about the future of this school because of what had happened in the past and what it is doing right now. (I better not see another group of students forced to write a five-star review, on the same day [which, in my opinion, is pretty dumb because it clearly shows how desperate Miss Suelto wants a five-star rating].)

This will be our 3rd year in this school and all we can say is we love this school! My daughter just loves going to school, the teachers are well qualified and nurturing, and the students and her peers are all well-rounded. The staff is very helpful. The Principal is very hands-on and is very accommodating to the parents’ and students’ needs. This is a Catholic School so it means there are mandatory fundraising events. The school has a high tuition but we believe we are getting our money’s worth. We are investing in our daughter’s education and this school is helping her become into a wonderful citizen.

My child and i love this school and the faculty. All around great experience here. My child has been at his school since TK. No school is perfect, but anytime we have had any issues, they have taken care of it right away.

I used to be a former staff at the grade school. Many of us staff left the school due to complaints from parents or just driven out by the administration. I think parents should learn how to deal with the reality. If your child does not want to learn, then be accountable. It’s really not a good paying job. Teachers do this because they love to teach.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

They punish us with loads of homework and display means of favoritism. There are no boundaries between student and teacher.

Amount of homework: no rating

The teachers are worked out and retired or don't even know what they are talking about. Its frustrating going home to do work you don't even understand because the teachers are constantly quitting or are insufficient.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This is the best value and the best grade school in the county. The school establishes Catholic values for the children’s good future. This school is better than Public schools. I agree, If you do complain about that then you should look at yourself and maybe go somewhere else. And yes, the school does not support the High school across and I side that. There are better high schools out there. It’s been over a year since that girl got expelled. Maybe she deserved it. They should just drop it and move on. That’s life.

Coming from an alumnus, parent, and community member, the school did its part in establishing Catholic values, creating a safe environment, as well as challenging the students academically. After having read all the reviews, yes I read all the reviews, it seems to me that lots of change has happened. Yes I agree that HVAC was not necessary, but if you looked at other local grade schools, this school was the only one to not have AC in all the classrooms. There were also complaints about bad teachers. Look, the bottom line is that no matter what school you enroll your child in, there will always be bad teachers who absolutely cannot teach. If you complain about that then you should go check yourself. Anyways, the school enriches your child in Catholic values because obviously it is a Catholic school, the school also challenges your child to compete academically and athletically. The message of the school is to allow your child to be a well rounded person going into high school. Tuition is tuition, you cannot do anything about that, and yes I understand that there are extra fees that add up to the costs, however, every private school has those no matter what. But I do agree that there too many fundraisers here, but the money goes into sustaining the school environment or improving it. The school has added a foreign language into the academic mix that will benefit your child going into high school, believe me. For those complaining about the Academic Decathlon team, you have no idea what they have to study. I challenge those who complain about the decathlon team getting an "A" grade easier than the others who are not a part of the team, and study what the decathlon team studies. My child was part of the team studying from 8am-8pm, then did his school homework for two hours, then did another hour of studying for academic decathlon, AND on top of that my child had basketball and volleyball practice. You try memorizing material and balancing out that work load then come back to me. Lastly, as for that case of the girl who was expelled, from what I have heard from other parents, she was the bully, not the bullied. The parents are just seeking for money compensation and someone to blame, ONE YEAR AFTER IT HAPPENED. To the girl's parents, MOVE ON, IT HAS BEEN A YEAR LET IT GO, YOU ARE NOT PAYING TUITION ANYMORE. Anyways, yes send your child here, you won't regret it.

Develops character: Strongly agree

I am also an alumni from HFGS and was one of the student that was forced by the principal to write great reviews just last Feb during the event that happened. I can say that this school is not the school that we signed up for when Ms. Heinz was still the principal. The previous reviews are correct. There is politics and if you are not on their good side, you are an outsider. The staff; principal, and the Vice principal is really controlling and the have forced many students to spy on students facebook, twitter. Now that I am a year out, I have realized that the people in this school was there to control and divide us students and families. No family deserves this treatment. Not even to those (Girl) that many students did not like.

Last modified Holy Family Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8