Glendale, CA

St. James The Less Elementary School 1

Posted October 24, 2014
Schools finances are evident in its decline. Most qualified teachers have left for new teachers, lack of sports and arts, there are many strange rules about diet enforced on the children, no birthday celebrations or cupcakes because of these rules, no treats.I have no problem with parents having rules for their own child but not for mine. The sports have almost all diminished, loss of great PE teacher and coach. Assume school will close or merge.

Posted June 06, 2014
My father always told me that "you get out of kids, exactly what you put in"! Parent involvement plays a key role in Educating a child. If you are ready to commit to supporting an environment, that promotes educational advancement at all levels, a safe and harmonious campus which includes Christian Values at its core, and are prepared to be part of our Catholic Community at large, you will be most welcomed. My wife and I have made a home here at SJ-HR and we have dedicated ourselves and our efforts towards making the educational and spiritual community we wish to raise our own children in, available to ANYONE who is up to this task. Schedule a visit to our elementary or middle school campus, join us for services on Sunday. Put your hand out and be welcomed, put your effort in and be rewarded. Be "involved". Robert Studer

St. James The Less Elementary School 1

Posted October 28, 2013
The school which was once excellent is now in financial distress and this is clearly evident in the quality of instruction. Although there are a few good teachers left, in general the competence of certain teachers is questionable at best. Numerous families have left the school as a result, and several more are planning on removing their children as well. The only positive aspect of St James is the high level of parental involvement.

Posted May 01, 2012
St. James and Holy Redeemer are fantastic. I have 3 children on 2 campuses and couldn't be happier. my children are happy, they love their teachers and the kids. The administration has done a wonderful job of joining the two schools - we are truely one family. The teachers are all credentialed and donate all of themselves to their jobs. The families all participate and know each other. you really couldn't ask for a better or more complete environment for learning. I have been involved with this school for over 12 years!!!! I have had one graduate so I know the school through and through - I have been through it all and we are on the right page! People should really check us out.

Posted January 07, 2011
Loving caring small school atmosphere with no bullying or drugs or discipline problems. The students excell for they feel safe and secure at St james.

Posted January 09, 2010
I am a student at St. James the Less School. I am now in the 6th grade class and have learned a lot throught this school year a from the past. Though our pricipal is mostly in her office, she is amazing at understanding you needs.I LOVE this schol! The teachers are AMAZING, and the academics are great! My present teacher, Eva Garcia, is amazing at helping you when you do not understand. She has been through a lot, and is STILL here! Whether you believe me or not, St. James is amazing and compared to other schools, the best!

Posted March 12, 2009
Myhusband and I have been very disappointed my our current principal. One of the things we love is the morning assembly, when the kids and teachers pray and sing together. The principal never participates in this daily activity. She seems very detached from the school and that is not good for the community. Luckily, it's the teachers that matter most, and you won't find better teachers than we have here.

Posted January 23, 2009

St. James The Less Elementary School 0

Posted January 20, 2009
St. James is an amazing place. The teachers are exceptional and the students are challenged and nurtured on a daily basis. The weakest aspect of this great little school is its principal. Our former principal was so actively involved in every aspect of the school day- everyone loved him! The new principal is rarely around and when she is, she is in her office. It is a shame and the parents overwhelmingly do not like her. However, I send my child to school to learn, and learning is what he does. You cannot beat the level of education these kids are getting.

Posted January 17, 2008
I am a parent. This is my daughter's second year at St. James. She is now in 1st grade and I am proud to say that my husband and I have found the perfect school for our child. The school may look a bit old, but we should never judge a book by its cover. The teachers and the academic programs are amazing. My girl was already reading by the time she graduated from her Kindergarten class. Her class takes upon scientific experiments and observations on a weekly basis; her math skills are constantly being sharpened and tested for higher level. The music teacher taught my daughter how to read notes prior to her 1st piano lesson. I could go on and on, but the bottom line is that this is an exceptional school. We have found a diamond in the rough!

St. James The Less Elementary School
4635 Dunsmore Avenue, Glendale, CA  91214
Last modified St. James The Less Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St. James The Less Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top