No rating

Holy Family High School College Predatory

Private | 9-12 | 218 students

Living in Glendale

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $290,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,420.

Posted August 5, 2014

I went here for summer school. Nice people chill place. They have a dog for a mascot who walks around like he owns the place.

Posted August 5, 2014

I went here for summer school. Nice people chill campus. Needs More cafe food. The mascot is a dog who walks around like he owns the place.

Posted July 30, 2014

I don't really know about these negative reviews. This is an excellent school. The principal, teachers, admission director, etc. are great people. My daughter graduated here and got accepted to one of the prestigious University in California. Remember that in order for kids to do great in school that parents should also be involved in educating their kids. In addition, the students that gave poor scores must be doing badly in school, because they are not studying. Parents should take accountability instead of blaming the school. My daughter love this school. I am very satisfied with the quality of education.

Posted July 18, 2014

I am reading these reviews and it strikes me as odd that parents are complaining that the school is small and strict. Isn't that why we are sending our daughters here? If you want a big over crowded school with no rules than send your daughter to a public school!! What a silly complaint to make! The staff and administration are wonderful!

Posted June 5, 2014

Absolutely horrible. Too strict, small campus, etc... I REALLY don't recommend sending your daughter here.

Posted February 22, 2014

Honestly, who would want to go to an all girls catholic high school without a gym and with a population of 200 students? When I was an 8th grader, "ALL GIRLS" was not even an option for my high school criteria. HFHS will not offer you that "normal" high school experience, but let's not forget that at every high school, there are others that feel the same way you are feeling. This is the bond I created when I came as a freshman. As messed up as it sounds, the friendships that were made started with how much we didn't want to go there in the first place. We couldn't wait to get out. As the years have gone by, I have personally been humbled by how much we lacked as school. We don't have much to offer like bigger private catholic/public schools, but the administration tries their best to make something out of nothing; whether it comes to sports, music, or academics. It's definitely easy to shine in this school if you get involved and make close bonds with the teachers. This school is definitely not a contender as a first choice, but if you do choose to come here, you make it work and take advantage of the resources you DO have to succeed. Oh and I forgot to mention, tuition is cheap.

Posted December 26, 2013

This school is too small, I wish I had a real high school experience. I don't recommend an all girl school at all they might say it's less drama but trust me there is more. The school has nothing to offer, there is no school spirit at all I wish there was more students and a way bigger campus. The main math teacher is worthless and rude. They have no darn cheerleading team which I always wanted to be on. This school has nothing to offer. Next year is my last year here so I hope there is a big transformation because most of the students here deserve it. Oh plus it's too strict, I just wish I was gone from here. This school made me realize how useless school is and a student isn't suppose to think that. This school is suppose to teach religious ways but the teachers are so mean that they don't set an example. I just wasted 3 years of my life being here, hopeful next year changes my opinion.

Posted August 2, 2013

Don't bother wasting your time going here. If you want your kid to be boxed in a small environment, then I'd recommend this school. In a school of roughly 200 students, the number of cliques are countless. We sit on the floor for lunch. No one has school spirit, and 80% of the girls attending this school are miserable here. Some teachers just hand you packets and don't even teach. Take it from a student that goes here. I wish I went somewhere else.

Posted April 16, 2010

My daughter is currently a student at holy family. This school has the most friendly and welcoming students! The academics are average, and a public school would be just as good. The campus is way to small. If small is something you like, then consider sending your child here. If you would like a real high school experience, this is not at all the school for you. They do not have many sports teams, and the ones they do have are honestly terrible. I like the fact that freshmen are offered such high level classes! But, for the rest of the years, the classes are not at all challenging. My daughter is in two AP classes and never does any work for them. And my biggest complaint is that more than half of the parents are on finacial aid, yet i see BMW and lexus cars in the parking lot.

Posted December 1, 2009

This is a fantastic school.The campus is cute and normal.I can honestly say you will meet the kindest people here.Everyone here is incredible and so welcoming,trust me.

Posted August 31, 2009

I am a parent who receives scholarship from the principal. She has been very generous to me and many parents. I don't know how she does it, giving away so much aid to so many families. My son goes to a Catholic school and I receive no help from them. The principal is always willing to listen and to give extensions. Academics is excellent and the teachers get better every year. There are only four new teachers this year, so I don't understand the last comment. Obviously this other parent does not know the facts.

Posted August 2, 2009

Sending my daughter to Holy Family has been something that i regret. With the amount of money that is being put towards that school, it's not what it adds up to be. Just as i was thinking about sending my youngest daughter to this school, i was given news that over half of the teachers are leaving, that truly says something about the school. The young women who runs the school is extremely rude and rather selfish. They are not focused on academics at all, and are too demanding when it comes to financial circumstances. Might as well send your daughter to a public school.

Posted March 24, 2009

Holy Family High School is such an awesome school. You can take honors on your freshman year.

Posted December 2, 2008

Offers the chance to take Geom as a 9th grader. Biology starts in Freshman Year. The SHCA is offering me great opportunities to travel and excel in math and science. I love the way Mass is tailored to us each week. The opportunities are huge at my small wonderful school!!!

Posted August 28, 2008

I recently graduated from Holy Family High School and was able to get accepted to a number of universities, one of them which is UCLA and which is where i will be attending this fall. I do not have anything negative to say about their academics; however i do believe the school focuses way too much on uniform, atleast one particular teacher/dean did. I came to school with white leather gym shoes which fell under the school handbook and my teacher called out on me in front of the entire class (i was a junior or softmore at this time.. dont remember) and told me I was not setting a good example to the students. Her statement was that because the sole of my shoes was not above 25 millimeters off the ground, i had a uniform violation, mine was about 15 millimetes. Besides some particular teachers, I LOVED THE SCHOOL.

Posted May 25, 2008

Bad in math & science. Not college focused. Too much Drama..

Posted February 14, 2008

I graduated from Holy Family in 2004. This school has strong English and weak Math and Science. I can tell you that people from this school will have trouble come college. All my friends that graduated, say that the math was too easy. AP is one chapter ahead of regular classes (and is just used as a means to bring up your GPA). Classes have been cut so students can go to church, which really effect their education. 20ish% of student in 2005 got in to UCLA but a year later 50% that taught them were fired or have left. 1 year PE and during PE all you do is run around that green patch. The instrument and vocational program is quite limited, espcially compared to Glendale High. The enviroment: The bathrooms are clean and the students are very polite. What Holy family lacks in acedemics, it makes up for in socializing.

Posted November 28, 2005

Holy Family High School is an all girls college preparatory school serving grades 9-12. With small class size focus, students are given the tools to become great leaders in today's complex world. New and exciting programs are coming to HFHS in 2006! A dance studio, AP classes in all departments, An instrument program leading to an all girls competitive pep band as well as chamber music classes for the novice or the contiuning music student. Choral classes, handbells and visual arts abound. Active scholar athlete program already in place. Science and Health Career academy with the focus on 70 units of science by graduation. More than any school in the state of CA. Students will be able to focus on all types of science not just health based. Excellent web site...hfhsglendale.org. Check it out. We are definately a 'family' here.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

Associations
  • NCEA
Fax number
  • (818) 241-7753

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of Los Angeles