9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (2 responses)

Amount of homework: no rating

Depends on which teacher you have. Some of my teachers give me just the right amount of homework, but some of my teachers overflowed me with too much homework.

It's pretty cool going to high school that doesn't have too many students and has a small campus compared to other high schools. A lot of the students her are very nice and the teachers are very supportive.

This is honestly a great school that does not get enough credit. It might not have such an excellent name compared to other schools out there but that is because it is different from those. It does not focus on "being known for sports, theatre, arts, etc." rather it focuses on the individual students. The small school gives a family type of sisterhood where we strive to only support and better one another. Holy Family may not be as rich, popular or large as other schools but it is a school where women make history.

Thank goodness I graduated from this school. It was definitely a humbling experience. The transition from high school to college is taking an absolute toll on me. I'm not prepared for college. Everyone around talks about how rigorous their high school and how the workload definitely prepared them, but honestly you can cruise through Holy Family with a 3.5 EASY... but don't be fooled because once you take that AP Test, don't expect to pass LOL. Once you take the SAT, expect an average of 1600, maybe even lower as a class culminative average SAT score. College Prep? Absolutely not.

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

again it depends on the teacher. some are good and some are lazy. one teacher makes us feel like we are bothering her when we try to ask questions. some teachers over explain a lesson and some don't know how to explain anything. One day we played soccer during class and when were bored we watch shows on netflix.

Amount of homework: no rating

It depends on the teacher. You can pass a class and not do homework because of extra credit. I like to read so i get bored in class when we do discussions because most students don't bother reading so my teachers has to explain what happened. then we and easy open book quiz. some teachers give way too much homework for 1 night like they don't care we have other classes. some teachers give homework as a punishment.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

a majority girls are not honest they lie all the time and the there are rules for the "favorite students" and rules for the "non favorites". I was late to school i paid $5 and got detention. other students walk in late to class and say they were "helping" at church. I got my phone taken away because siri stared talking. yesterday girls were using the iPad in class to buy justin briber tickets and they teacher didn't say anything to them.

Amount of homework: Disagree

Some students do their homework. Other students copy from the students who are dumb enough to actually do their homework.

The school was nice and the tour guides were cool, but I told them, "Honestly, we probably could not afford this school." They said, "Don't worry honey, we'll take care of the money." "I know I'm smart and I'll work hard." came from my lips, I heard, "Great, you'll qualify for academic scholarships!" I said, "I live too far from this place", they said, "Don't worry we provide transportation so get the worried look off your face." I asked if I am guaranteed to get all honors classes, he said, "You'll get everything you want" as he wiped his eye glasses. The school was okay until I uncovered the lies. I got taken out of class and I just cried! I was taken out of class because we could not pay the tuition.I believe I told them that during the tour, but I guess they did not listen! I said, "I have all A's what happened to my scholarship. They looked away knowing one did not exist. I said, "What happened to my sweet ride to school?" Their snarky expression implied, "We never said that, you stupid fool!" I asked, "What about the guarantee to get my desired classes?" They shrugged and whispered, "We have more seats to fill with tight little assets." Lie, after lie, after lie. But still they deny, they deny, they deny. Looking back, the entire experience was quite odd. The word that describes it, is the word FRAUD. Not So Holy Family.

I went here for summer school. Nice people chill place. They have a dog for a mascot who walks around like he owns the place.

Last modified Holy Family High School College Preparatory is a Private school that serves grades 9-12