K-7|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Great school. Small class sizes, and great teachers. Children get strong foundation in math, English and grammar.

Amount of homework: Agree

Students are given the proper amount of homework at the appropriate grade level to further prep them for the year/grade level ahead.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school promotes Christian values, as well as being a good citizen of the world in general. These kids are so well behaved and learn how to problem solve very quickly.

Salem has been an outstanding, nurturing experience for all of our 3 children. After going to JK, we never wanted to leave and can't imagine a better school academically, for our kids. We love all the teachers and know each of them personally. The parents of the school are like a small community and we feel like it's an extension of our family. If you're looking for a highly academic, yet nurturing environment, this is the place. Everyone who we have recommended this school to has had all their expectations met, and then some. We are thrilled that they have added the middle school and the school will extend to 8th grade. We feel like our children are so prepared for the upper grades and have the confidence and knowledge to leave this sweet school and move forward in their education.

Just take some time to visit the school/classes and you will feel it. This is the right place for my child. Why? The teachers! I am amazed. They love their jobs and the students, and the students love them! The size of the school and classroom allows each teacher to recognize the strengths and weaknesses of each student, which helps each student gain the confidence to improve on their weaknesses and expand on their strengths. The teachers do it for themselves as well. It is obvious that the school is always finding ways to better themselves, and hence the students. From experience, I have watched my children grow and explore interests I would have never dreamed they would... academics, music, art, science, math, student government, community involvement, dance and athletics... The credit goes to the teachers. They work hard to find ways to make each student want to learn and better themselves. This is a great school for a child to build a solid foundation in order to grow and become an intellectual, well-rounded adult with good morals, confidence, the ability to think, and the desire to be a positive person in society.

This is an awesome school. You feel like home. It's one big family. Teachers parents are all respectful of each other. The most important thing for me is they are centered on Jesus Christ our Lord.

As directors and performers of The Grail Theatre of Britain, my wife and I visit hundreds of schools every year. We are a little like chambermaids - we see everything! Salem Lutheran is an outstanding school. In an uncertain economy, enrollment here is up and that tells its own story. The principal sets very high standards from the top and is fully committed to enrichment and arts programs for her students. The behavior of the students during our performances is exemplary. A vibe of excellence runs through this school - we don't have children ourselves, but if we did, we would have no hesitation in enrolling them here!

I can't say enough about Salem Lutheran School - it is the best school!!!!!! You know you are in the right school when your kids never want to miss a day of school and get excited for Mondays as they go back for the school week! Just to share an example -I had to take my son out of class early one day and he literally would not leave, the school Secretary finally asked me to go and get him from class as he does not want to go home. My son is in JK and my daughter also has been attending Salem for a few years now. to make a long story short he left but was crying the whole way home because I took him out of his class. From the Principal to all the teachers and TA's they are all amazing! It's like one big family:) I had toured quite a few schools but as soon as I went to Salem Lutheran I knew this was the school and I can't tell you how gratifying it is to see how happy my kids are to be there:))) Also academically it's amazing as well (my son in JK already reads so many of his sight words). My daughter is excelling in all subjects. What more can a parent ask for. It's great teamwork between parents and the school. I highly recommend Salem Lutheran School.

I am pleased to inform how great this school is. My son joined it since JK with 5 years old and now with 8 years old he is in 2nd grade. His development is being outstanding so far in all areas. What is so special about this school is that we feel we are all part of the same family and you do have an 1to1 treatment with the school's staff. I do follow up my son's progress via gradelink what is a benefit provided by the school. I am very happy so far and I am sure if you give this school a chance, you won't regret.

Great school, with fantastic teachers. Mrs Anita and many other teachers are hard to find. I would not let my child to go anywhere else.

Last modified Salem Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades K-7