Glendale, CA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 01, 2012
The school has loving teachers and both my daughters can read any magazine stuck in front of them ...one is 8 the other is 6. I highly recommend this school for small class size and no bullying policy that is very well enforced.

First Lutheran School 4

Posted July 02, 2011
My child has had a wonderful year with the 7th grade teacher Miss Blume. She is a very caring and loving teacher who is loved by all. She not only cares about the academics but cares about the whole child. They are very lucky to have her. The 8th grade teacher Mrs. Rundquist is another story. He assignments are unclear and she shows favoritism to certain students. The school would be better served without her. How she got the job at this school I just do not know.

First Lutheran School 0

Posted September 09, 2009
My son has been going to this school since preschool. Not only do they have a very loving and nurturing environment, but they challenge each student academically. The teachers are exceptional. We have been very pleased with everyone! I highly recommend this school!

Posted June 23, 2008
Teacher Aydee and Teacher Roslyn are both wonderful and amazing teachers. My son has been attending for well over a year and for the price you cannot beat the education and loving environment that surrounds these children on a daily basis. I am not sur eabout the parent that claimed that they called and asked her to pick up her child but, that strikes me as odd considering that children at the ages of 4 - 6 have altercations as part of growing up. I strongly would suggest letting your child attend this school if you can financially afford it.

First Lutheran School 0

Posted February 13, 2008
Both my daughters attended this school since pre-K and loved the program (teacher Aidee is great). My 5-year old is still there; my third grader was moved to a public school because of monetary reasons. If we could afford it, we would have both of them at FLS. Yes, tuition keeps going up, so does inflation. We love the small classrooms where children get more attention. We like the extra curricular activies (choir, karate, webby dance, science adventures, chess, basketball, etc.). We like the field trips and school events. Principal Julie Sanchez, Pastor Ken, and all the teachers are great.

First Lutheran School 3

Posted April 30, 2007
The below comments need updating... I loved the pre-K program at this school. Teacher Aydee is wonderful. But as soon as my son started attending Kindergarten the problems started. The school would call me for the smallest issues (like when my son pushed another child - both boys were OK) and asked me to leave work to pick him up; but when he was sick and even missed a day of school there was never an inquiry as to his health... and their rates keep going up since they are building a new school.Think twice and place your child elsewhere.

First Lutheran School 4

Posted May 09, 2006

Posted April 21, 2005
My son has been attending this school since the 2nd grade, he is now in the 5th grade. It has been a wonderful experience for him, he is in a family environment where the teachers and administration take genuine interest in the children's overall well being. It is a kind and loving environment that emphasizes strong spiritual and academic values. Each teacher is committed 100% to each child's individual growth and advancement.

Posted February 24, 2004
My son has been attending this school since he was in the preschool program at 3 1/2 years old. He is now in Kindergarten (6 yrs.) and I still love this school! The teachers are excellent, and the small classroom size give the children and parents a very 'small town' community feel. He is doing well academically and we are also involved in the extra curricular activities offered after school. I highly recommend First Lutheran School.

First Lutheran School