Posted January 03, 2011
Sending my (2) children to MCMS was the best decision I ever made. The teachers as well as the new owner show a sincere interest in the students' well-being. I appreciate how approachable both my son's and daughter's teachers have been and from these conversations I can tell they have gotten to know my children's personalities well. While it's true the school is structured, I don't see that structure as confining. Rather, I feel the structure teaches students to be self-motivated and independent. Also, while parent involvement has been lacking in the past, the new owner has welcome parents to organize. I recommend MCMS to any parent who is looking for a school that nurtures their child academically, emotionally, and spiritually.

Posted December 09, 2010
My daughter began attending MCMS when she was two, in the preschool program. As a full-time working mom, I so appreciated that the youngest children are taught social skills and practical life skills. She never went through the "terrible twos"! At kindergarten we tried out a charter school near our home, but moved her back to MCMS because she just didn't learn anything that MCMS hadn't already taught her. The teachers at this school are Montessori-certified, and they also include as part of the curriculum skills and knowledge that will help the students with the California standards testing. Additional important inclusions: art education (both art history and practical forms), PE and sports, before- and after-school care 7a-6p, and special after-school programs such as foreign language, cooking, etc. (for which the children are polled to determine interests). Best of all, the teachers all are kind, dedicated, and really know you and your child personally. Come to this school! With new ownership last year, a great school is becoming better and better.

Montrose Christian Montessori School 0

Posted March 24, 2010
My son & daughter attended MCMS but left because we moved out of the immediate area this past year. My son struggled there with the disciplined environment as he has some social delays. He got in trouble a lot. However, my daughter, thrived there and has requested to return. I put her in another Montessori school in the Glendale area, but she doesn't find it challenging enough and I can see that she's bored. She spends more time helping her classmates with their schoolwork than learning new things. Overall, despite the highly disciplined environment at MCMS which I see is the main complaint of other reviewers, which I personally think is good for kids especially when the home environment lacks discipline, I found it to be a great school. We're planning to return for summer even though it's a longer drive for us now. Great job MCMS.

Posted December 06, 2009
The school has just gone into new ownership. I am very impressed with the dedication and direction of the new owner. Already I'm seeing wonderful new things at MCMS.

Montrose Christian Montessori School 2

Posted June 16, 2008
my daughter is 4 and went to this school. The general envrionment is very disciplined and is more strict than most preschools. The kids don't have much 'freedom' and have to raise their hands to be excused. It was too strict for us and too academic oriented. Not a true Montessori school. I pulled my kid out. She was miserable there... There is absolutely no parental involvement. If you want your kid to read and write by age 4 then this is the school for you.

Posted July 20, 2007
MCMS is a wonderful school, academically, emotionally, socially and spiritually. My daughter attends this school since she was 5 and graduated from here. The teachers are well-qualified, hard working and caring. The principal knows every student and has a great impact on them. The school environment provides optimum learning experience and every child is treated with respect. It is like being in a big, loving, and warm family. I remember one time my daughter was crying and was upset about something. A teacher sat with her and talked to her and sang songs to her to comfort her. This means a lot to her and to me. The loving memories of this school still stays with us today, five years after she graduated.

Montrose Christian Montessori School 2

Posted April 19, 2007
Why isn't there a PTA at this school? I'm sure parents want to be involved. Teachers even encourage it. But when there is no PTA it really shows the admin really doesn't want input.

Montrose Christian Montessori School 1

Posted August 20, 2006

Posted June 24, 2005

Montrose Christian Montessori School 4

Posted May 19, 2005
EXCELLENT phonics and math programs starting in preschool. Caring, nuturing, experienced teachers give lots of individual attention. Students study botany, geography, history, zoology and art from pre-kindergarten. Kids learn and remember an amazing variety of information! Respect, caring for others and good manners are taught consistently. Very low staff turnover provides stability for children. My two sons began in preschool and are now a 3rd-grader and a graduate. Both thrive at MCMS.

Montrose Christian Montessori School
2545 Honolulu Avenue, Glendale, CA  91020
Last modified Montrose Christian Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades K-6
Montrose Christian Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top