Foothill Christian School

Private | K-8

Living in Glendora

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $308,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,600.

Sweep tile

Posted December 15, 2008

I have three children who attend Foothill Christian School. I am very pleased with the quality of education they receive at this school. I have one child in Jr. High who has been consistently challenged and motivated to succeed. The teachers really impact the students both academically and spiritually. I really value the emphasis the school places on missions. All three of my children are involved in making a difference in the lives of others in need all around the world. This is a habit that I feel will stay with them well into their adult life. The foundations that are being laid here at Foothill will remain an important part of who each of them become.

Posted December 10, 2008

I have two children that have attended Foothill Christian since kindergarten. Foothill has helped my children not only grow academically, but spiritually. Staff and teachers at all grade levels take the time to walk through difficult issues with students that help develop their character. The transition from elementary school to jr. high was wonderful. The teachers are great. They are supportive and encouraging. They push the kids to do their best academically and to be kind and loving to each other. I would not want my children at any other school!

Posted December 10, 2008

I have two children that have attended Foothill Christian since kindergarten. The staff and teachers at all levels are kind and loving and walk through difficult issues with students that help shape their character for the future. Teachers not only push students to do their best accademically, but to grow spiritually. The transition from elementary school to jr. high was wonderful. The teachers are great role models, both academically and spiritually, and they want the children to be successful. I would not want my children to attend any other school!

Posted December 10, 2008

Both my children have attended Foothill Christian School from Kindergarten through 8th grade. This school has been excellent not only because of the amazing teachers there but the administration is very involved and it's a real community there where people care. You don't just feel like a number. They not only care about your child but also your family. I would highly recommend this school for it's academics as well as for it's Christian values that are taught as well.

Posted July 26, 2008

I have also have two children at Foothill Christian and I am very please with their educational experience. This is our family's 9th year and my children have learned so much socially, spiritually and intellectually. I would highly recommend this school. It is well worth the cost to watch your child grow with loving guidance.

Posted July 23, 2008

I have two children at Foothill Christian and they are both excelling in reading, math, & science. They are in the 4th and 7th grades. The work is very challenging but both have really learned to study which is all important for college bound students. They have indepth knowledge of the Bible and are praised by their Sunday School teachers. We love Foothill and its dedicated teachers and principal.

Posted February 24, 2008

I agree with choose your teacher carefully! This our first year there & in California. Our teacher is suppsed to be 'one of the best' , but she is picking our son apart. No one will listen, because she appears to be kind - we have gone to her class & seen other kids do the same thing - get out of their seat, talk without raising their hands - that she complains our son does. He is a straight A student, gifted, a bit precocious at times, but in no way does he deserve to be treated the way he is. We ae christians, but I do not think we fit their mold, they are too legalistic. I do not recommend it - and we are looking for another school.

Posted February 21, 2008

Choose your teacher wisely! One year you may have the best teacher or you may have a horrible year. I am worried that my child has not learned anything this year. I am now trying to decide whether or not to return next year. The tutition is too expensive and knowing that my child is not learning the bare essentials or even state standards. I am looking for tutoring for the summer so that we will not be too far behind next year.

Posted May 2, 2007

good school but expensive

Posted February 26, 2007

FCS has been a tremendous blessing for our family. Not only do they exemplify Christian morals and values, they teach the students ethics and responsibility. I am more than happy with the academics (being a former teacher in both private and public schools). My daughter is well prepared for first grade. I am especially impressed with the Superintendent who has been there for many years and is a tremendous leader. He is honest, empowering and caring to teachers, students and parents. I consider it an honor that my child attends this school.

Posted June 19, 2006

Foothill Christian is a great school. Choose your teacher carefully.

Posted April 13, 2006

Excellent school. There are many extracurricular activities available and the school offers ways for the parents to be involved as much as possible.

Posted August 27, 2005

My oldest son attended FCS for Kindergarten and First Grade. Unfortunately, due to financial constraints, we were unable to continue there once our second child started school, but we loved it there and so did he! His kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Parenti, was awesome. She has high energy and loads of patience and truly loves her kids. She involves the parents in everything and gives the kids a great introduction to school. His first grade teacher, Mrs. Chance, was also great and though she doesn't involve the parents as much, she teaches the kids so much by providing interactive activities for them to learn through. The principal is a caring man who is highly visible and approachable. The PTF works hard to provide great things for the school and parents can be heavily involved in their child's education there. We will truly miss it and hope to possibly return should finances change.

Posted May 23, 2005

The level of education offered at Foothill Christian is what is needed to prepare for the rigors of high school. The staff works with the students understanding each student as not only a student but also a person who has ideas and plans for their life. The school does a great job of allowing the students to begin to think outside the realms of typical education letting them grow and learn more than a typical school.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted May 17, 2005

The extracurricular activities are very good. They are behind in their math program, but now have Saxton Math and are catching up. This is very disturbing. I feel that the education could be better. My daughter is in 3rd grade and I feel she could of done better in a public glendora elementary school.

Posted May 4, 2005

Good activities, they had weekly field trips that our child liked very much. Her academics, reading & writing, improved markedly upon enrollment. She was barely 5 when we enrolled her. The staff was kind and nurturing. A very good experience overall. We appreciated the secure environment and attention they paid to keeping the site secure.

Posted April 29, 2005

Principal is outstanding. He knows the students, the teachers and cares deeply about the quality.

Posted May 17, 2004

This is the best school around! Teachers and staff are the best!

Posted March 15, 2004

Foothill Christian is a fantastic school! My kids have attended since preschool and compared to our neighbors (who attend public schools), are at least 1 grade level above. I give assemblies to schools in the Los Angeles area and know Foothill has the most well behaved and helpful students of all. The Superintendent, teachers and staff are all highly skilled and professional. Each one of them have a love of teaching and strive hard to do their best.

Posted March 11, 2004

This is a wonderful school! The students are academically challenged at Foothill Christian beyond the expectation of many public schools. The behavior standards are excellent! In my opinion, this is one of the best things about Foothill Christian. The Children have a consistent standard of discipline and good conduct from the beginning of school until graduation! There is a level of teacher love and care for the students that is beyond compare. The teachers at Foothill will truly make an investment in your child. The administrative staff is very supportive and friendly. Prospective parents should have no qualms about sending their children in to a safe, loving and academically excellent environment at Foothill Christian School!

Ethnicity This school
Black 8%
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 6%
Two or more races 0%
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Assembly of god
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

242 West Baseline Road