No rating

Foothill Christian

Private | K-8 | 451 students

Living in Glendora

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $308,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,600.

Posted April 16, 2010

We have a Kindergartner at FCS, and I truly can't say enough good things. We live in La Verne which has an exceptional school district. However, we decided to take a look at Christian private schools. When we visited the FCS we knew without question that it was the right fit for our family. We couldn't be happier with our decision because our son is thriving, both academically and spiritually. Academically, there is no question that the curriculum is superior to that of BUSD. The biggest difference is the built in enrichment programs, such as the music classes, computer time, science and library services. FCS places a lot of emphasis on character development, and does it through positive reinforcement. The administration is very hands on, easily accessible to me as a parent, and I love that. FCS is exactly what they claim to be, 'Decidedly Academic, and Distinctively Christian.'

Posted March 29, 2010

My children attended Foothill Christian since the preschool and both have graduated and gone on to public high schools where they have done very well. I totally disagree with some of the postings I've seen about the school. Any school has it's ups and downs as with any business. However Foothill Christian School has far exceeded our expectations in almost all cases. Any of the areas where we had issues were always listened to and delt with to our satisfaction. Our last child graduated last year and is flourishing in a very competitive high school. I applaud the administration for having the courage to make some hard (and very necessary) changes last year. There is such a difference this year in the atmosphere and there is a new sense of unity and purpose. We loved our experience and would highly recommend to anyone!

Posted March 15, 2010

I am so pleased with all I see at Foothill Christian. This is the first year there for my two children. They love their teachers and they are learning so much. All curriculum is standard based. Not only are the academics top knotch, but so are the state of the art facilities. The daily enrichment classes that are available for all students are a huge plus. The environment is so positive that even I as a parent love to be involved in activities. God's love and biblical beliefs are integrated into all aspects of the school which help create a safe and positive learning and growing environment for all students.

Posted November 6, 2009

Sorry to say that you will be paying simply for the security of your children, not a better education! My son transfered to a public school and did very poorly in math. The weird thing is that at Foothill he was above average in math every year. The enrichment classes are fantastic, however, the language arts/math programs could use a bit of help. The new changes to the school have definitely not been for the better!

Posted October 30, 2009

I am very concerned about the old curriculum the school is using, even my child realizes how old the pictures are. If I am paying such a highly monthly rate, why can't we get more updated curriculum? My next door neighbors children go to public schools and have the best books and I am thinking credentialed teachers. I am very concerned about the lack of academic leadership....lack of support for higher students and lack of support for lower academic students. I am starting to think this is not worth the investment....

Posted October 24, 2009

I am the parent of two children that attended Foothill from K-7 and K-5 and this year, I too felt the need to remove both my kids, who were very sad to leave their friends, but understood that the lack of education was out of control. My kids were both 4.0 students at foothill their entire careers there and I have had to pay for a tutor to help them succeed in Glendora's public school system this year. I will admit that the character of the Foothill student is exemplary, but this is a credit to the parents of those children, not the school itself. If you have mostly Christian parents that are willing to pay the hefty price for their kids' private education, chances are they are also pretty involved with their kids and therefore raising solid kids. Unfortunately this school is going downhill fast! What a shame!!!!!

Posted September 29, 2009

Foothill Christian School has exceeded our expectations. Our oldest child graduated last year and is flourishing in a very competitive high school. I applaud the administration for having the courage to make some hard (and very necessary) changes last year. There is such a difference this year. The new teachers (and the veterans) are amazing and there is a new sense of unity and purpose. I love this place and my kids are excelling academically and spiritually.

Posted September 14, 2009

The best private K-8th Grade School in Glendora and the surrounding communities. You owe to you and your kids to check it out!

Posted September 8, 2009

I agree with the poor reviews. I am so disappointed with the directiion the school is going. We hear one thing and see another. My daughter started high school last year and her SAT scores were below average in English Language Arts. I know, much of that is due to the horrible Reading/Writing program at Foothill. I was happy with the character of most of the teachers but there is no leadership or academic accountability. Additionally, many of the finest teachers were let go or left last year.

Posted July 20, 2009

I have, sadly, watched this school's quality decline over the past 5 years. This is a school withouth direction and the administration's vision for fixing things seems a bit chaotic (firing most of the teachers, bringing most of them back, consolidating campuses, eliminating the PTF). There is too much uncertainty at Foothill Christian for my family. I am moving my children to a public school here in Glendora.

Posted July 6, 2009

I couldn't be happier with Foothill Christian. It is disappointing to see some of the comments because I know for a fact that the kids are getting a much better education then at the public school. Our child who just finished Kindergarten is able complete the school work our son is doing in 2nd grade at his public school. Although the school is going through changes I feel that they are for the best.

Posted July 2, 2009

This school is in the midst of a massive reorganization under a new pastor. The administration has really failed the families and students over a number of years by hiring unqualified teachers, not monitoring staff, and eliminating the PTF. I, for one, do not want my kids to be the guinea pigs as they struggle through a reorganization that will take a couple of years.

Posted June 25, 2009

We made the decision to pull our kids and move them to public school. It took them a year to catch up academically.

Posted June 17, 2009

I disagree with the previous review. Unfortunately, we are in terrible economic times. There are things that need to be done in order for this wonderful school to flourish. The pastor and the church council understand that the decisions were hard to make. As a parent I am glad they got rid of the teachers who were not doing enough for the students. I am also glad that they got rid of teachers whose hearts were not right with the mission of the school and Christ. Parents that are that upset may need to leave. Staying only spreads lies and those lies spread like wildfire.

Posted June 14, 2009

FCS is a cult in the making. For the past 2 years FCS has drastically changed. Before, FCS was a great school, but since FCS got a new pastor, the school has been completly different. The new pastor is going to drive the school into the ground. He has brainwashed everybody in the school and is firing teachers that have been teaching at the school for over 10 years. Some teachers are horrible, barely teach and don't give the kids any challlenges. The church is taking over the school. Don't send your kids here.

Posted June 12, 2009

We just finished our first year at Foothill and we couldn't be happier. The academics have far exceeded my expectations. If your looking for a school were they can learn about the Lord and get a great education. Then this is the school for you. The staff has been a blessing and he had the most wonderful teacher. We highly recommend Foothill Christian.

Posted June 8, 2009

We have three chinldren who have attended FCS. The education has been good and our daughter finished freshman year at St. Lucys with outstanding grades. This tells us that she has been well prepared for the next step. What is exceptional about this school is the type of character our children have. This is evident in their attitudes towards each other and others, relationships with their peers and their love for God. We have seen this in most of the children that our kids associate with. The values that are taught to them mirror those we strive for at home. There is not a price tag to be placed on that. So can you get a less expensive education? Yes. Can you pay for a better education? probably you can. Will your child be as well rounded and spritually, morally and socially? Probably not!

Posted April 1, 2009

Although it has been a sacrifice financially to send our 2 kids to FCS, it has been well worth it. The teachers, staff and administration are great. They care deeply about the children and are giving them a wonderful education. Many people have said 'choose your teacher wisely' but I know that would be true of any school. At least at FCS, choosing a teacher is actually an option. I do not choose my children's teachers because I know that all of them are great.

Posted January 7, 2009

Enrollling my children at Foothill Christian was one of the best decisions I ever made. The administration and staff promote a Christ-centered education that has helped my kids excell both spiritually and academically. Foothill Christian is worth every penny!!

Posted January 7, 2009

Foothill Christian has everything a parent looks for in a school. They encourage academic achivement as well as spiritual growth. The school is lead by a very Godly man who takes the time to get to know all of the families. The teachers are always available for questions and often make time after school to help the students succeed. I am very thankful I chose Foothill Christian to help me raise my children.

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Mr. Robert Gutzwiller
  • Coed
Affiliation
  • Assembly of god
Associations
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

242 West Baseline Road