K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Disagree

Repetition is needed, no matter who the child is. They seem to move through the material or curriculum extremely fast. They test 4 days out of the week. But, as a teacher MYSELF, I know that this way of pacing is not good for the students.

My child was struggling with all the testing that they do in third grade. I did not agree with testing as much as they do EVERY week (Tuesday, Wed, Thurs, and Friday). We held a meeting on my daughter not completing her work and then we came to a consensus to do a Connors test on her. She came out positive on the Connors test as elevated or possible ADHD. Our second meeting, they told me that they've exhausted all their resources and therefore will BLOCK ME from re-registering for next year. I was shocked by how they said this and that is EXACTLY how they said it. They then went on to say that my daughter was sweet and kind and that it would be in the best interest of my daughter. I don't think so, you can candy coat it all you want, the truth is she didn't fit into your criteria of a student. This is an appalling standard that after TWO meetings that this is how they handle a child not finishing their work! The gull of the school to think they are better than my child. I am a teacher in a public school system and this would have NEVER been said or handled this way. I forewarn any parent that has a child that struggles in any area, you are risking your child's well being. They do NOT bend in any fashion and only look at themselves.

Supports LD students: Strongly disagree

After two meetings regarding my child not finishing work, they decided to kick my daughter out saying they've exhausted all their ways of helping my daughter in class. After TWO meetings regarding my child whom gets good grades by the way, but struggles with getting work done, THEY decided to kick her out! I guess she doesn't fit their perfect student mold.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

After I pressed about the testing, Mr. G never looked at me or talked to me. He completely treated me different after I didn't like how many tests were given in the school weekly. If you go against the school in any way, be prepared for indifferent reactions or to be kicked out.

Develops character: Agree

I like how they went through my childs books and let me know if it was inappropriate. (sometimes as a parent/teacher, I don't get the chance to check all the material she brings home to read)

Amount of homework: Disagree

Having part homework online, part paper, part email is TOO much information for a parent to sift through and try to understand what is needed EACH and every week. Stick to one way to reach a parent and give explicit instructions.

I am currently a 7th grade student at this school, been attending since kindergarten, and I have to say, I love this school. This school really genuinely cares about their students and the everyone mostly knows everyone. No MAJOR problems usually take place at FCS. Very welcoming environment and it's really easy to find a place to belong here at foothill. Academically, FCS is fair. You either get the material or you don't. No in between. You either love the teachers or you don't. (Junior high) the elementary (tk-5th grade) teachers are all great and you really get your start in those grades. The Junior high teachers how ever, are a bit different. You either love them or hate them. The bible teaching program is fantastic. Science program in Junior high is fantastic. Math program is weak. English is okay, Spanish is good, history is good. Barley any homework in junior high at FCS, most work happens in class. Very safe school. I have never felt unsafe here. Very warm welcoming place. They have some stupid rules in dress code and other academic stuff but other than that great school. I think kids can really get their start at Foothill christian school. One bad thing is that most kids attending this school have been attending since kindergarten and above so it might be a bit hard to fit it but not a major problem. Never any bullying at Foothill, the friend groups aren't cliquey at all and everyone is really friendly. Most Junior high teachers do play favorites but other than that they're really great and help a lot. You either love the teachers or you hate them. They're either a hit or miss. Overall, send your kid here. There really isn't any major issues at the school and honestly you won't find any better than Foothill. It's not hard at all to get involved in the school and again Foothill provides a place for every student.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

To the most part the teachers are Effective depending on the grade level this can change. Communication should be #1 but lacks from the school

Seems like funds $ are #1 to the school. No longer the children or parents. School has a Big lack of communication from the school to parents and teachers to parents. From a parent with 3 children in the school right now. If the same next year I will be making changes to other

For the most part. Good teachers and how the school is run. Bad side, Lacks communication with parents. This is the down side of the school. Not organized on field trips. Overnight trips must be arranged better and have better communication with all parents. This is a must and the school is behind on this. Parents have a right to know all the people that will be with and around a child on any trip. The school is lacking on this when children will be away for a day or longer The overnight trips are lacking information and lacking meeting all parents going on the said trips. Teachers see no need for parents to meet other parents that will be on trips that are overnight with children. Wrong... Just a quick meet and greet a few days before a overnight trip could fix the issues but...

Last modified Foothill Christian is a Private school that serves grades K-8