School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

On behalf of the Campaign for Business & Education Excellence (CBEE), I want to congratulate Washington Elementary School. After an extensive analysis of student data for every public school and district in California, your school stood above the rest in getting your students to grade level proficiency and beyond. Your school has been named as CBEE Honor Roll School for 2014! Your school will be featured on our website and a banner has been designed just for the school to display. Each year, CBEE presents this award to individual schools and to districts that have excelled in raising student achievement and closing achievement gaps. This is a testament to you, your staff and your students’ relentless focus on academic success. The list of Honor Roll schools continues to grow thanks to the hard work and effective practices of thousands of excellent superintendents, administrators, principals, teachers and support personnel in our public schools.  Since its inception in 2005, the CBEE Honor Roll has increased from 261 high performing schools to an inspiring 1851 high performing schools in 2014.  This is thanks to the relentless focus on results for students that you, your staff and your peers have shown over the years.  It is also a strong statement about how success is spreading in public schools across the state. I want to once again congratulate you on the outstanding success your schools have made in raising student academic achievement and closing achievement gaps.
October 16, 2015

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops honesty:
SCHOOL LEADER
Washington Elementary hosted it's first APEX Fun Run- Fundraiser!  The Bulldogs have been preparing for a week, learning about good sportsmanship, how to "Dream", how to "Inspire", and how to have a healthy life.  The Fun Run was the culmination of this fundraiser with students running up to 36 laps to raise money for the PTA.  The money raised will be going towards, field trips, assemblies, AR t-shirts, prizes, and much more!  The students had a blast running their laps, and the teachers, and parent volunteers had an even better time, squirting them with water as they ran by!
Posted November 12, 2015

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
Posted October 16, 2015

Posted July 09, 2015
Principal and teachers are very involved. The cafeteria lady is nice and helped my 5 yr old daughter punch in her number when she couldn't remember. The teacher was very helpful and sweet.

Washington Elementary School
Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted July 09, 2015
My daughter was in Transitional Kindergarten (TK) w/ Mrs. Hadan. She is a wonderful teacher who really cares about her students. She and her aide made costumes for the kids to put on a performance for the parents. The children did a lot of in-class projects that incorporated science and art. They learned about presidents, entire alphabet, numbers 1-100, shapes, animals, and more. My daughter impressed me by how much she as learned.

Posted August 13, 2014
My sons first year here was last year for kinder. He was treated very well here and his techer mrs schrock was super sweet and very caring though she may be a little forgetful sheeans well. Her mother also is her TA she's a older lady just a little bit cranky but her age she's allowed! They really work hard at AR and I love that! By the end of kinder he can read and write good sentences now. The only thing I would say is that I wish they maybe had more PTA to find more field trips and things because honestly we raise a lot of money but not sure where it goes. I am excited to see what the first grade brings. I will post againy review of the first grade.

Posted August 01, 2013
The teachers are really good in taking care of each and every child. I observed the teacher's are much focused on those students who are behind in learning the things.

Posted May 23, 2013
I have been very happy with Washington Elementary. I have a daughter in 1st grade and she had great experiences with her kindergarten and 1st grade teachers. Mrs. Villaverde, the principal, has done an excellent job raising test scores since she started several years ago. She visits every classroom at least once a day, knows each child, and is very hands on. It is also positive that her own child attends this school. I couldn't be happier with her. The parents are very involved. For field trips, there are tons of parents present to help out, and the PTA is very active. I had considered homeschooling my daughter but am very happy we decided to send her to Washington.

Washington Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2012
This school is a hit or miss. It really depends upon who your child has as a teacher. Miss Ingledue, Mrs. Tiffany, & Mrs. Gilkinson are phenominial teachers. Unfortunately, the rest of the staff falls short of being anything other than just bodies collecting paychecks. The district seems very disorganized, my child in Kinder. (third child at Washington) has had three teachers this year. The first teacher was just a fill in, who was called the night before the first day of school to teach, then another sub. to just fill in while they were waiting for the permanent teacher to come. She was already in a position teaching at another school, but she left that class and came back to her 1st choice of Washington. By the end of two weeks of Kindergarten my child had a permanent teacher. The school & the district as a whole seem to be more concerned with their days off & pay than the kids. There now is a Fall Break in the CO District to accommodate high schoolers not having to return from break with the same semester,and keeps the teachers from having to do review upon retrun from vacation. We are looking into private education at this point due to the progressive decline of the COUSD.

Posted December 09, 2009
I absolutley love this school. My daughter is in Kindergarten and we are so happy with her teacher Ms. DeAnda. I am amazed at all that my daughter has learned in just these last 3 months. The school is excellent and keeps learning fun. My neice and nephew also attended Washington for mostly their entire elementary years and they were very happy there. The staff is amazing and sincerely care for the students. I could not be more satisfied.

Posted October 13, 2009
I love this school. My daughter just started kindergarten and this school has made the transition from pre school to kindergarten so smooth for us. I love her teacher Mrs. Lamb she is incredible. All the staff is very friendly and helpful and I think it is great how the principal keeps us informed on everything. I am looking forward to her elementary years at Washington!!!

Washington Elementary School
325 West Gladstone, Glendora, CA  91740-5503
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top