Posted August 13, 2014
My sons first year here was last year for kinder. He was treated very well here and his techer mrs schrock was super sweet and very caring though she may be a little forgetful sheeans well. Her mother also is her TA she's a older lady just a little bit cranky but her age she's allowed! They really work hard at AR and I love that! By the end of kinder he can read and write good sentences now. The only thing I would say is that I wish they maybe had more PTA to find more field trips and things because honestly we raise a lot of money but not sure where it goes. I am excited to see what the first grade brings. I will post againy review of the first grade.

Posted May 23, 2013
I have been very happy with Washington Elementary. I have a daughter in 1st grade and she had great experiences with her kindergarten and 1st grade teachers. Mrs. Villaverde, the principal, has done an excellent job raising test scores since she started several years ago. She visits every classroom at least once a day, knows each child, and is very hands on. It is also positive that her own child attends this school. I couldn't be happier with her. The parents are very involved. For field trips, there are tons of parents present to help out, and the PTA is very active. I had considered homeschooling my daughter but am very happy we decided to send her to Washington.

Washington Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2012
This school is a hit or miss. It really depends upon who your child has as a teacher. Miss Ingledue, Mrs. Tiffany, & Mrs. Gilkinson are phenominial teachers. Unfortunately, the rest of the staff falls short of being anything other than just bodies collecting paychecks. The district seems very disorganized, my child in Kinder. (third child at Washington) has had three teachers this year. The first teacher was just a fill in, who was called the night before the first day of school to teach, then another sub. to just fill in while they were waiting for the permanent teacher to come. She was already in a position teaching at another school, but she left that class and came back to her 1st choice of Washington. By the end of two weeks of Kindergarten my child had a permanent teacher. The school & the district as a whole seem to be more concerned with their days off & pay than the kids. There now is a Fall Break in the CO District to accommodate high schoolers not having to return from break with the same semester,and keeps the teachers from having to do review upon retrun from vacation. We are looking into private education at this point due to the progressive decline of the COUSD.

Posted December 09, 2009
I absolutley love this school. My daughter is in Kindergarten and we are so happy with her teacher Ms. DeAnda. I am amazed at all that my daughter has learned in just these last 3 months. The school is excellent and keeps learning fun. My neice and nephew also attended Washington for mostly their entire elementary years and they were very happy there. The staff is amazing and sincerely care for the students. I could not be more satisfied.

Posted October 13, 2009
I love this school. My daughter just started kindergarten and this school has made the transition from pre school to kindergarten so smooth for us. I love her teacher Mrs. Lamb she is incredible. All the staff is very friendly and helpful and I think it is great how the principal keeps us informed on everything. I am looking forward to her elementary years at Washington!!!

Washington Elementary School 0

Posted December 01, 2008
I have two children at this school and love everything about it. It has a small town school feeling. The principal, office staff and teachers all know all of the children and seem genuinely caring about our childrens' well being. The teachers are super!!We had moved a few times and my daughter had gone to three different schools and this is the best so far. They made my daughter feel right at home from day one. My children are enthusiastic about learning and have fun and interesting homework. I love this school and only wished I had been able to receive this kind of education.

Washington Elementary School 3

Posted October 25, 2008

Washington Elementary School 1

Posted February 06, 2008

Posted September 26, 2007
Seems not many have written reviews and I was the last one in 2006.My child has left the school to try another that felt more convenient in location to our home.We were disappointed in the other school due to the lower learning.Not all schools have AM Accelerated math and AR Accelerated Reading.These programs are great and when you see the children in other school not have these programs you feel they are cheated out of a great thing .I am glad my child saw the need to return to a great school such as Washington school.Its a great learning place and it will advance your child.I am also very pleased that this school is working with behavior and helping the children grow with respect and kindness.Great program! Teachers you are also a great benefit to the advancements of our kids .You take the time to teach each one .Thank You.L

Posted September 19, 2006
I was the child left behind growing up and this school has made it so that every one learns some way or another .My daughter has had teachers that have spent some great quality time teaching my girl.She is doing great!Thank You.L

Washington Elementary School
325 West Gladstone, Glendora, CA  91740
Last modified Washington Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Washington Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top