Glendora, CA
Students enrolled: 2,476

Glendora High School 3

Posted September 24, 2013
I attend ghs they have great courses but they make it difficult for students who know that they aren't going to a 4 year right out of college by not helping them set up a schedule that will fit their academic ability. And I have had a lot of teachers who are lazy and don't teach. They just hand us packets and expect to learn. I would say 4 out of 5 teachers that I've had have treated other students better than they treated me. You have to be someone big in order to be treated normal. And one of the worst things about GUSD is star testing. They stress student out and cause them to cram just so they try to do well on a test that only benefits the school. This cause teachers to rush through important lessons. Sorry for ranting but I just wish the school had a better system to benefit kids with different learning abilities

Posted September 19, 2013
My son is able to attend this school because Glendora is a district of choice. We drive 20 min one way just so he can attend GHS. I thoroughly researched this school before making this commitment. He is in his 2nd year now and I can tell you it has been great. They give you all the tools to succeed with block scheduling and a tutorial period. His teachers have been great and the honors and AP programs are good. They provide an atmosphere where college is encouraged and plenty of help and information is available. You can monitor your students grades with Aeries. Although I preferred Edline. My son participates in sports and it is extremely competitive and a sacrifice. They make a 0 period and 7 period available. He takes a 0 period so he doesn't have to have a 5th period and therefore never misses a class for games. The tools are available at this school for success and so far his teachers have been great. There is absolutely no reason any child couldn't be successful at this school.

Posted September 17, 2013
Great school. GHS offers very tough courses and great opportunity for achievement with great teachers. Great Associated Student Body and activities. High API and most of the graduates get into great colleges. Uses block schedule which works great, and allows students with extra-heavy loads (0 and 7 periods) to not have too long of days.

Posted February 05, 2009
All 4 of my children have attended GHS and the education is rigorous and prepares students well for college. I, myself, am an educator and I recognize the quality of the programs at GHS. Kudos to GUSD for realizing that every child counts!

Posted October 27, 2008
With the new addition of the Event center, theater, updating the pool and fresh coat of paint GHS has improved on its physical appearence. Lacking is still a cafeteria and necessary track/field/football /baseball upgrades! Finally having a steady principal has been a plus. Great councelors, sports programs, music and pretty good staff.Special needs/Disable kids treated very well.

Posted March 01, 2008
The music program is one of the best in the area. Caring and excellent staff.

Glendora High School 1

Posted December 05, 2007
My son also was one who was promoted up grades with F's. Despite my attempts at discussing his needs with the counselors and teachers, it became apparent that there was no 'team' learning environment anymore at GHS. While there are always exceptions (and GHS does have a few good teachers and administrators), my child was definitely one of those left behind. What a decline in education excellence from my day!

Posted November 01, 2007
This School Is a great school, the staff are very nice, and some say all student are spoiled rich kid, it is not true, because i'm a student and i'm not rich or spoiled

Glendora High School 3

Posted June 18, 2007
Declining enrollment is a major issue impacting funding. New teachers are hired as temporary to the detriment of the students and teacher morale. This school's strength is its band and art programs. Sports are abundant. The campus is open and beautifully landscaped. The majority of the students are wonderful as well as most of the teachers. Special needs students are well served by Mrs. Valentine and Mrs. Pollard. All students are encouraged to enroll in college and to do their best. Glendora High School has some excellent opportunities for all students who choose to follow the rules and apply themselves. Robin Huntington

Glendora High School 4

Posted May 29, 2007
My children had been at a private school through 8th grade and then came to GHS as Freshman. We have absolutely loved every thing about GHS. They offer AP classes that have continued to challenge my children as well as sports, choir and band. The Administration, teachers, parents and other students have been friendly and helpful. My youngest will start GHS in September and we couldn't be happier.

1600 East Foothill Boulevard, Glendora, CA  91741
Last modified Glendora High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Glendora High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top