Glendora, CA

Goddard Middle School 2

Posted November 17, 2014
Goddard Middle School has some good teachers, but it also has some really poor ones in terms of teaching and academics. The old API test scores are more of a reflection of the high socio-economic status of the surrounding neighborhoods, the low number of EL students (English learners), not the reality of the poor instruction my spouse and I saw with some teachers. Look at other middle schools in as affluent areas, and many will have students who perform better and have more varied AP courses and academic-based and community service clubs offered on campus as well. The school should focus less on non-academic social activities and more on academics, teacher training, and oversight of the teachers on campus, classroom instruction, and their curriculum. In fairness to the administration, some of the problems may be the result of California's low academic standards and ratings in terms of public education and teacher tenure.

Goddard Middle School 4

Posted August 13, 2014
My daughter has just started her second year at this school. I agree to some extent with most of the reviews here. This is an excellent school academically. Mr. Jacobsen and Mr. Osborne seem to be very involved with all the students and very approachable. There is some bullying that goes on at this school however my child has not experienced any of it. She did at the elementary school level though at Sellers. There does seem to be some favoritism - Glendora is very clique-y and it definitely translates over to the schools here and many students have parents who work for the district. Personally, I'm grateful for an academically advanced, safe, public middle school and my child is very happy going to Goddard.

Goddard Middle School 1

Posted February 06, 2014
Terrible school bad test scores and not good teachers my son went there and I had to transfer him out I don't recommend this school to anyone

Goddard Middle School 5

Posted October 24, 2013
Great school with great teachers who really care about the kids. 2nd child going through Goddard and it gets better every year.

Goddard Middle School 2

Posted September 18, 2013
I personally hate this school... They spend all money donated to them for staff parties instead of more teachers so, many of the kids in sixth grade advanced math had to repeat it the next year. Also, the principle and vice-principle do not try to solve your problems; they just tell you what you want to here to so they do not have to deal with you. I know this because, when my child needed to be moved to a more advanced class, he said there was a waiting list and that my child was on it. But, when my child asked her teacher, her teacher aid that there was no waiting list. HORRIBLE SCHOOL.

Goddard Middle School 4

Posted August 23, 2013
Goddard middle school is a great school it is the best school I've ever been to. there is no bullying. what I like are the activities. My school in my opinion can't improve in any way.

Goddard Middle School 3

Posted November 17, 2012
The teachers are good, but there is too much favoritism. It seams that the kids whose parents work for the school or are always on the PTA and into the school one way or another, always get recognized or get into the different school activities. There are plenty of very bright, extremely well behaved kids who are completely ignored. So, just like other parents, I do not give any money to this school. In particular, this year, the school made it very obvious, don't tell me that there are only a couple of good kids in the whole school, give me a break!!!!

Goddard Middle School 5

Posted December 20, 2010
THE BEST SCHOOL I HAVE EVER GONE TO!!!!!!!!!!!! Goddard has great teachers who are always there for you and the students are good kids too. there is some bullying but not much at all. i went to sandburg last year and its the EXACT OPPOSITE as goddard. here, the kids are way more behaved! Its not always perfect, but its the best middle school in the district!!

Goddard Middle School 1

Posted September 23, 2010
Bully problems ongoing at this school. I just removed my child because of this. This went on from 6th grade until now. Two other children are having the same issue. the school denies all responsibility. The school staff will act as though they will help and they simply do not. It is a true shame. It seems that the school and district just wants the good kids to either leave or be quiet, just like the bully's

Goddard Middle School 3

Posted September 21, 2010
There seems to be a lack of communication between the adminstration and parents. The construction at the school might be impacting this (I am giving the benefit of the doubt). I have found each of my child's teacher to be well organized and seem to enjoy the profession and are challenging the students to do their best.

Goddard Middle School
859 East Sierra Madre Avenue, Glendora, CA  91741
Last modified Goddard Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Goddard Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 39 reviews. Top